C&C Generals link

Taqwa11

*sigh* my reply has dissapeared...

Maybe the controllers of the new ladders will actually watch their ladders unlike WW, WW have already showed they have no intent of supporting this game by not making a WOL ladder so don't expect any support from them in a weak after the games come out. WW won't be able to track d/c's on other peoples ladder... WW promises to track player records with all of their games or at least Emperor and it has never been done... Atleast you can watch out for cheaters now... still these are not major improvements

If Emperor,Ra,Ra2,TS,RAYR,TS exp,WC3,e.t.c had all those things in place, the tourneys would be a little better and a little less of a joke that they've been for so long

still... the actual game may be good though I can already see that the GLA are not in fact sneaky in any way...

Emperor is better in any aspect. I disliked Ra2 because I thought it was cheesy. Flying soldiers? Mind controlled squids? Tanks that run over other tanks?

Graphicly it's horrorible, and no in depth strategy like in games such as Emperor or Stronghold.

Well, I agree about Emperor, but I disagree about RA2. Jetpacks are actually used by the military. And if you built a big enough tank, it could roll over other tanks. Squids . . . well, yeah, that's stupid. LOL. Anyhow, RA2 does take a lot of strategy. And one more thing: RA2 is faster-paced than Emperor, so when you play it you have to really be on your toes. I've read that Generals will not be as fast as RA2, so I'm expecting something similar to Emperor as far as pace goes.

There is no rush in RA2 that is unstoppable, just as the "unstoppable" Ordos or Hark rush can be stopped. I think that Generals will be similar--there will be a counter to everything. RTS games are advancing because the people doing the programming are learning from the past and improving their products to incorporate the best and dump the worst of previous RTS games.

Unfortunately, Blizzard decided to experience RA2's mistakes times 10 themselves when they decided to make WC3. They said themselves that they'd prefer the players to rush... If you thinking lame rushing is bad in WW games then you haven't seen WC3. Atleast WW don't try to make their games rush fests.

I never got to play RA2 multiplayer but I can see how fun (provided you were allies or if playing YR, yuri) but then came YR. Thank god I didn't waste my money on that exp. My common sense showed me very clearly that Yuri would dominate the entire game. Unfortunately the people who made YR weren't very smart

From everything I've read, you should have 1 ghz processor, at least 256k RAM, and a good graphics card. Now, I believe that if your processor were, say, 850 mhz, but you had a Nvidia GeForce 4 or an ATI 9700 graphics card, you'd probably do just fine. To answer some people's concerns, though, Generals is gonna kill any system that can't play Emperor without serious lag.

5. What are the system requirements for Generals?

The minimum system requirements are yet to be fully set and announced. The game has yet to go through full engine optimization. Current reported specs are of a GeForce 2 card and higher, 256MB of RAM and a P3 800Mhz CPU as minimum.