C&C Generals link

Taqwa11

Ok, anyone who thinks he doesn't want to buy Generals simply because Westwood didn't support Emperor long enough, go to this site, download the movies, and YOU WILL BUY GENERALS. I just watched another Generals game movie. Man, I am sold! That's the best damned graphics I've ever seen in an RTS. It will be mine . . . Oh, yes, it will be mine.

http://www.generalsbunker.com/

I just read something interesting. According to Delphi (the main forum guy for Generals), C&C Generals will NOT have a three-minute rule. If you lose, you lose, with no cheap escaping by anyone. That should make the ladder more interesting.

Actually the 3 minute rule was not made for quiting because you were being beat. According to Chris Longpre it was there to see how the connection was. When we told him how it was being abused he was surprised and said they would look into changing it, I guess they have.

Here's a little info on the ladder situation right now for Generals:

On the ladder issue:

Delphi-EA: Ahh, the ladder debate. I understand the whole idea of "official" we could label a fan hosted ladder as "official" after a couple months. I personally look forward to playing on a heavily monitored ladder which admins can ban cheaters from and inform ladder participants to blacklist notorious players. It should work out well, at least give it a chance. If it doesn't work out after a few months maybe we can work with Game Spy to host an "official ladder."

Goodies for top players!

Delphi-EA: I'm sure we'll provide t-shirts and mouse pads to the top players of fan hosted ladders. The better the ladder the more players will flock to it.

I plan to buy Generals; on a side, I'm boycotting Blizzard until they get off their WarCraft-encomapssed *sses and release SCII (which, since the fans want it, will never come ::))

Oh, and did it EVER occur to you that the patches stopped because all of the major bugs were gone? Unlike Blizzard, which patches their games to death, making only minor balance changes? :P

Major bugs gone?? ROFLMAO!

Yeah, I suppose that since your units don't randomly blow up, you could say there are no *cough* major *cough* bugs... ::)

you mean, ices_rofl.gif , major bugs gone? the worst bug ever is pathfinding for atr & harvesters! also, sometimes when you build gunships, they get stuck coming out of the hangar and you have to blow that gunship up! there are plenty of bugs in emp left!

Well, if they'll pay me the 85K I'll make this year, I'm there, man. Unfortunately, they don't pay people to like their games or to talk about them--remember, Westwood hardly advertised at all for Emperor. I just know that Generals is gonna be a huge hit, so you might as well jump on the bandwagon now and get ready for the next great RTS. If we can't have a supported Emperor with an expansion pack, Generals is the next best thing.

Hmmm... i have to say WW sure as hell know how to make a website don't they! iv'e checked out the sites offered by Taqwa and damn! the loading times are quick but everything appears stylised and animated, also check out the forums... i have NEVER seen a forum that seperate threads for spam, flaming, argueing and even just for showing off sigs!

However to be honest i don't intend to get a real copy of Generals, i just don't have the money to buy a game that could get dropped again also like i said it's patronizing how theyv'e used EBFD as a guinea pig and indeed the entire dune series as a testing lab, just for that i will NEVER EVER purchase a real copy of any WW game again also i hear that you have pay to play with Generals, since Generals is not an MMOLRTS, this is un-acceptable and clearly an attempt to increase the efficiency of their latest cash cow, i feel that this fact beyond anything else proves that with Generals, WW is going even deeper into corporate scumbag mode, and true money is the bottom-line for some, but i feel that if money is the bottom line and feelings are non-existent within WW, then i ask why they haven't all become assasins, mercenaries or joined the South Africkan goverment yet... BLizzard is quite loyal to their fans and instead of being interested in solely cash, they seek to enter new realms of gameplay, for eg they made Warcraft3 instead of Starcraft2 despite the fact that the latter would clearly make more money due to the fans asking for it, because they wanted to do something new not something that would bring in loads of cash

As a final note, i hope you all realize that:

Americkans = Gdi

Chinese = soviets

and GLA probably = evil terrorists probably = Tiberium sun style NOD

Edit

Oh and by the way i can already see that Generals is going to keep up with the tradition that started with Tiberium sun, that the good guys are all brute baboons, Gdi and soviet's er... i mean Americkans and Chinese are teck and hordes :-

Another thing that's a pity is that with super powers and terrorists, they couldv'e make the game interesting in the matter of ethics as you can't really say either side are the good guys and thus the game couldv'e gone into a little philosophy with the idea of ethics but nooooo... they have to make it action man and doctor X right? theyv'e obviously done this/ are going to do this so that they can better sell it to the simple minded masses who flock like sheep and don't want to go into morales questioning... yet another example of WW not caring about crossing gameing borders and instead being interested in only money. Personally with an attude like that to you're job, I say that im not going to support you. Also if WW has a ''money is the bottom line'' attitude then i don't see why we should all be little angels and buy the real game and not care about money, i say return their attitude! If all they care about it money and don't care about how they get it, then im going to just care about money and not care about how i get it and thus will commence in my own little money saving by purchasing only pirated copies of future WW games...

And if you don't wish to only care about money as WW do and as people even use as an excuse to protect WW, then to bad for yooouuuu! *Gold member voice*:D

Well, Sneak, I've heard absolutely nothing about pay for play with Generals. I don't think that's gonna happen. Also, everything I've read says that EA has done a great job of making even the terrorist side a "good" side--they are portrayed in the campaigns as a good side or at least just a side with a different philosophy of how life should be and a desire to change things, albeit in an unorthodox manner. In other words, the campaigns portray the GLA in a sort of Robin Hood role--at least in THEIR eyes. That makes sense, too, when you consider that EA wants to sell as many games as possible, to everyone of any political persuasion, and real-life terrorists see themselves as the "good" guys.

About selling games: PC games ARE all about making money. They don't make them because they like you or they are philanthopists or they just sit around thinking how they can make kids' lives more fun. It is a cut-throat business just like any other. It is survival of the fittest. It is a jungle out there, as they say. What could show how the PC game business is like better than an RTS game? Just as in Emperor, the PC game business is every man for himself. It is money grabbing, and it is live and let die. Your money is nothing but spice, Sneak, so pay the piper if you want to play.

As my daugher says, Anwayz . . . If you like RTS games (and you obviously do) you will play Generals, legally or illegally. And if you really like the EA/Westwood type RTS game, you will hope and pray that it is a HUGE success. Otherwise, welcome to the world of Blizzard because those are the only two heavyweights in the fight.

Well, Sneak, I've heard absolutely nothing about pay for play with Generals,

Well that's fortunate since it wouldn't be legally possible:D

Also, everything I've read says that EA has done a great job of making even the terrorist side a "good" side--they are portrayed in the campaigns as a good side or at least just a side with a different philosophy of how life should be and a desire to change things, albeit in an unorthodox manner. In other words, the campaigns portray the GLA in a sort of Robin Hood role--at least in THEIR eyes. That makes sense, too, when you consider that EA wants to sell as many games as possible, to everyone of any political persuasion, and real-life terrorists see themselves as the "good" guys.

I'll take you're word for it Taqwa, but with only 27 missions in the game, 3 of them tutorials, a meaningful campaighn doesn't seem possible, think about the Warcraft3 campaighn was 40 missions long and was mainly rubbish, of course they could make it a quality story with only 27 missions, but if Blizzard, the storytellers couldn't do it with 40 and about 40 years to make the game:D I don't see how WW would do it. Oh yeah and by the way, i always thought Osama in that one US video looked like reminded me of Robin Hood:D and it's funny how the US when introducing the video got all horrified about him calling for the aid of God in what they considered to be an act of terror but just ''forgot'' to suggest how this could mean that his heart was in the right place

About selling games: PC games ARE all about making money. They don't make them because they like you or they are philanthopists or they just sit around thinking how they can make kids' lives more fun. It is a cut-throat business just like any other. It is survival of the fittest. It is a jungle out there, as they say. What could show how the PC game business is like better than an RTS game? Just as in Emperor, the PC game business is every man for himself. It is money grabbing, and it is live and let die. Your money is nothing but spice, Sneak, so pay the piper if you want to play.

Verywell then, with you're own words it's a cut-throat business out there, and guess what? in my country where the currency is as weak as horse @h!t it's also a cut-throat world, live and let die, it's money grabbing and so i must also grab money myself, this time by not spending, their games are nothing but spice, Taqwa, so pay the price if you want to play in the business game. Just because they think they hold all the cards because they're in the bussiness game doesn't actually mean they do hold all the cards, the company's forget that if i don't feel like buying their games from them i don't have to, since they don't have a monopoly, so therefore i'll buy from my freindly local pirates any day... (and my playstation pirating chums are good people,)

As my daugher says, Anwayz . . . If you like RTS games (and you obviously do) you will play Generals, legally or illegally

That's right:D

And if you really like the EA/Westwood type RTS game, you will hope and pray that it is a HUGE success.

I liked the WESTWOOD type RTS game not the EA type RTS game, ever since EA took over, lame titles like Tiberiun sun and Red alert 2 have been pouring out of EA owned WW, excepting Emperor which was excellent but not even given a chance because it was meant as a test

Anyway, Earlier today i documented some qoutes from WW, some positive some negative, though some of WW actions I think i may have judged a little harshly or strictly in an attempt to provide an objective article, unfortunately however im far to lazy to change it:

This is a qoute from the Generals FAQ, on what the Generals basic storyline is:

''1. What is the basic storyline for Generals?'''

''EA Pacific have reinvented the Command & Conquer franchise with Generals, with a brand new storyline,''

''6. Does Generals has anything to do with either the Tiberian or Red Alert story lines?''

''Oh, a simple one. No!''

So in other words, they only include the words Command & Conquer in the title to make it so that people who have become positively biased for the Command & Conquer games thanks to past succesess will buy this game to because of it's Command & Conquer title

Putting Command and Conquer in the title is totally misleading advertising since there isn't the slightest hint of anything Command and Conquer in the game, And misleading people like this is inexscusable and totall rubbish. If this was put into the advertising of the game, then EA could be liable to be sued because you're not allowed to make up %^&* in adverts

''China also has an affinity for fire and uses it in much of its weaponry''

See told you they were soviets rip-offs, im not sure if you've noticed but whenever a team is red in a WW game they have to have an affinity for fire, also the bad guys or bad brute guys are always red or at the very least always have an affinity for fire

I mean c'mon look at this!

Nod in C&C: Red, neither brute nor sneaky but defensive, evil, affinity for fire

Soviets in Red alert: Red, brutes, evil, affinity for fire

Nod in C&C in tiberium sun: Red, supposedly sneaky but actually and moron can use them, evil, affinity for fire

Soviets in Red alert2: Red, brutes, evil, affinity for fire

Harkonnen: Red, brutes, evil, affinity for fire

So it would appear the factors that lead to an affinity for fire are: being red, evil and brutish

So if loads of enemy infantry are coming up to you, put on red overalls, kill a nearby innocent citizen and do a little weight lifting and make you'reself look big by hoisting you're weapon in a certain way and acting in a certain way, then suddenly you'll be twice as good with a flamethrower and can burn you're enemy away:D

''To spite more countries, GLA launched a nuclear strike against Europe and the United States of America''

Really, if the GLA are so sneaky and clever then why are trying to declare war on as many countries as possible in the shortest time possible?

Obviously the game is obsessed with the Americkans the GLA and don't really care about the chinese, they're just in for an extra team, The evidence, in means of qoutes:

First, the ode to the Americkans:

a war against terror

While Europe was hit by the nuclear strike, the USA managed to intercept the missiles and now they have launched their own campaign against the GLA, to eradicate the terrorist organization

The un-importance of the chinese:

The story unfolds in 3 campaigns in the order of China, GLA and the USA

Everyone knows that the first team in an campaighn are always the first because they're the meant to be the least important,special or interesting. This is demonstrated excellently in Warcraft3 where the humans have the first campaighn, and guess what! they barely have their own story!, as a matter of fact like most first teams in a campaighn they are really just used as gunea pigs by the bad guys to demonstrate the power of the bad guys and for most of the human campaighn you're really just watching the undead campaighn begin, further more the humans are of course totally conventional, boring, not special and meant to be the idiots... despite the fact they are actually the sneakist and most strategic team in the game when it comes down to actual gameplay, on that note im laughing my @$$ off here at Blizzard for calling the Night Elves the stealthy team, puleaze, the Night Elves are the biggest brutes in Warcraft3 as a matter of fact the Night Elves are the biggest brutes i have even seen in my entire game experience but back to the matter at hand...

The Global Liberation Army, an umbrella terrorist organization, is stepping up its assaults on the Chinese borders and terrorist attacks inside China.

You see? already they're really just gunea pigs for the GLA to show off on

Yes. Actually, the first mission of each of the three faction's campaigns are tutorial missions. That is, 3 of 27 missions

Oh well atleast the chinese aren't degraded enough storyline wise to be used as the tutorial race...

or just watching a river side town being destroyed by a flood from a recently destroyed dam, and you can do nothing about it

A chinese town of course, that's there for the terrorists to show off on, hey doesn't that remind you of the human campaighn in Warcraft3?

or just watching a river side town being destroyed by undead grain from a recently destroyed granary and you can do nothing about it

Two totally different methods but the point is that the chinese campaighn like the human campaighn is just there to show the chinese being a gunea pig for the GLA to show off by stomping on

Real Hollywood style scenes, with The Matrix like Bullet Time effect that will allow you to watch nuclear explosions in slow motion and epic events gone modern like a beach head assault (Saving Private Ryan), rescuing downed helicopters (Black Hawk Down)

EA admitting how they ripped off several things, and being proud of doing so

Generals is set in our own, real life universe set about 20 years into our future

Oh so the storyline is set in our own real life universe but is set about 20 years into the future? I believe thats an oxymoron... also the last thing i heard the RA2 team say is that t

with Ra people said it seemed it was going to be a gritty WW2 game and that they said they would NEVER make a gritty game, yet now they are clearly making a game with the intent of it being gritty (to make a game gritty means to make a game realistic), further proof of their intentions of making the game as gritty as possible ( Remember the evidence iv'e displayed are ALL qoutes from the mouths of WW):

Urban settings, thanks to the SAGE engine, will be as authentic as they get. With Arabian looking cities with Masques and even people dressed in Arabian attire. True to current events, most fighting will take place in the *stans. This is the nickname the designers gave to countries that are currently in the news (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kurdistan…) and serve as the inspiration for the story in Generals.

The US has a regular commando, Colonel Burton, armed with a machine gun and explosives

Just as i thought the US are going to be moronic brutes like the GDI turned into ever since Tiberium sun... the word regular and machine gun are the words from where i draw my conclusions on this matter

The GLA has a special sniper who, in addition to sniping infantry, can snipe drivers out of ground vehicles (tanks included,

BEEP BEEP UNFAIR UNIT ALARM WARNING KILLS ALL INFANTRY AND TAKES ALL TANKS BEEP BEEP JUST PUT AIR COVER AND HE'S INVINCIBLE BEEP BEEP... just like the god hero units from Red Alert2, Dam i really hate it when the stupid producer from EA get overexcited with the heros!

The Chinese have a female Hacker hero who, while not a good combat unit, can hack through the Internet to steal cash from the enemy, steal buildings (think Yuri Prime) and disrupt enemy communication links

Now THAT is a cool unit, pity it's the only cool things the Chinese have, and i couldv'e sworn she was a general unit not a commando unit

While these might not be the final commandos, or the only ones

Yup, To fully lameify and normalise the Chinese, they will probably remove their hacker or they might just make the US commando a little more irregular, in the latter case: thank God

Though a balance is needed in that area, because the desire is to have people be able to jump right into the game

Yup, this is so that instead of actually selling gamers a game they will enjoy for a long time they want to sell a game that will instantly be attractive to the simple masses, this is also because they probably aren't planning to support the game for long, so who needs it to be in-depth right?

but also at the same time, exists the realization that players always want to be entertained in new and more innovative ways

Let's just hope they adhere more to the latter than the form part of the so called balance, though i doubt it

One of the big changes made is to move the interface from the side of the screen to the bottom

Woah! I bet that is a big change to WW's series of clones!

This was done to open up the number of special abilities the designers could assign to each unit. They've also added a unique resource gathering mechanism to each side, and changed the way players build bases. Add these elements to a whole new set of units and the ability to pick which General you take into battle, and you can see the scope of change to be introduced with this game.

Now that's what i want to hear!, let's just hope that it isn't turned into a click fest instead of a think fest like. I give this little warning because everyone knows that Warcraft 3 turned out to be a click fest and not a think fest

Each of the three factions in the game will have a different way of gathering those resources from the Supply Depots. The US has a helicopter that flies to the supply depots and returns with the... supplies; China has supply truck to do the same task; The GLA use human workers for the job.

Three different ways my @$$, that must be the most dissapointing thing iv'e ever heard in my gaming career... Also the supply depos are EXACT copies of gold mines from Warcraft3, they even have little creeps gaurding them like in Warcraft3, also the idea is exactly the same to: expansion... not for added production but just because the supply depos run out so quickly... Even more dissapointment, i thought they were going to use the Total Anihilation resource system which is still the best and most realistic rescource system out there.

No, it is not. Each side has alternative ways to get supplies and resources. Thank goodness:)

hmmm... my post is to long, i'll just post it in two parts

Major bugs gone?? ROFLMAO!

Yeah, I suppose that since your units don't randomly blow up, you could say there are no *cough* major *cough* bugs... ::)

you mean, ices_rofl.gif , major bugs gone? the worst bug ever is pathfinding for atr & harvesters! also, sometimes when you build gunships, they get stuck coming out of the hangar and you have to blow that gunship up! there are plenty of bugs in emp left!

OK, um, I don't have the gunship bug; maybe you need a new computer? And pathfinding? The pathfinding is PERFECT compared StarCraft's.