C&C Generals link

Taqwa11

Well there went my whole post :'(

I wish I could animate my computer and then return the pain it's made me feel over the years :( :'( >:( ;D ;D ;D

Heres the post in a nutshell though: The battle report shows elements of serious strategy involving map planning,all units available, e.t.c which I have been waiting for a long time in constrast to the strategyless,mindless clickfest that is WC3 where the predominant strategy is to mass you're basic/first available unit and rush and the most complicated strategy is adding dryads and then rushing

Unfortunately however, I was unable to view the vids. After downloading them, (which only took a few minutes with my 56k ???)I attempted to view them, to which I got an error message stating it was in an unviewable format. I assume I require an different version of my current winplayer or an update to the version already installed

However, I am unsure of which version/update is required. Some help would be greatly appreciated from you Taqwa, though I wouldn't want to infere in you're busy schedule...

Didn't someone else also say something about needing the right version as well?

When I click on the video links, they automatically start playing on Windows Media Player. Of course, I have a cable connection, so that would have something to do with it . . . Try downloading the latest version of Windows Media Player. The thing is, those links are streaming video, not downloads, so you need to have a good comp and conn to watch them.

If you mean the video, yeah, it would help a lot to have a good conn. As for Generals, if you can play Emperor without much if any lag, you should be able to play Generals just fine, although you might not set your computer on its highest grapics settings.

Do you have any info on how Generals is functioning on Gamespy so far? If there are any problems on the site even though only a few players are playing, then I have to say that is fairly embarrasing ;D

additionaly, do you know if my modem would work properly with Generals? (would it be sufficient?)

Nice to see you on the Generals boards too, Sneak. I set some dumbass straight. He said you were "talking out your ass" about the not-sneaky Ordos and the not-sneaky Night Elves. I, too, wonder about the actual "sneakiness" of the GLA. I really hope there is balance in Generals and it doesn't somehow suck. If so, back to Emperor for my RTS fix. :)

I heard they were cutting some stuff out of the game cause it didn't work.....like the tank, air, etc. general idea which gives you a bonus in a particular area. Is this still true? I hope they don't take a great idea and reduce it to the same thing we are used to.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks great from the previews I saw a while back =)

Supposedly they are cutting out General specialization. In other words, let's say you choose a general who specializes in air power, but then the game really turns into a ground war. The guy who chose the tank general, then, would have a big advantage since he would always be producing veteran tanks while you would not. The new way of doing it is to let you adapt in any direction without having to be strongest in one area simply because you chose the particular general who specializes in that area.

Thanks Taqwa, you have my eternal and solemn gratitude for that...

Fortunate to see someone who thinks such as I on the Generals board

Very fortunate indeed...

Unfortunately however, Generals is sorely lacking in any indivuals who partake in such activites such as thinking. Their response to the feminist clan post clearly indicates this.... (if you saw it)

Yeah, Sneak, I saw it. What a load of crap--so much so that I stopped looking at it early on. I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again: A small forum like we have here is better because those people who are complete morons are ostracized and even banned before things get out of hand. A really big forum like the Generals forum has already become is a haven for idiots because it's just too big to handle. The more people you have, the more idiots there will be in the crowd. I hope when Generals comes out, Gob puts a Generals forum here on Fed2k for those of us who plan on playing both Emperor and Generals. I don't know if that would be workable or if Gob wants to try it, though. Just an idea.

''I hope when Generals comes out, Gob puts a Generals forum here on Fed2k for those of us who plan on playing both Emperor and Generals.''

Not only for that, but also for those who plab on playing Generals and retaining their IQ

One good thing though is that the common level of IQ in game in generals resembles of that the forum, we should have no problems taking the top places in the ladder:D... unless the game's a click fest like WC3

I, too, wonder about the actual "sneakiness" of the GLA.

[OT]sorry, i just read this and i HAVE to say this or else i'll go crazy or something. sorry for the spam

I think you are underestimating the sneakiness, sir.

I am very, very sneaky.

ok, i'm done. [/OT]

'''', too, wonder about the actual "sneakiness" of the GLA.''

[OT]sorry, i just read this and i HAVE to say this or else i'll go crazy or something. sorry for the spam

I think you are underestimating the sneakiness, sir.

I am very, very sneaky.''

You didn't throw me off... It's just that one has to wonder about the relevancy of what you said to the qoute you posted (ie: you're sneakyness's relevance to the sneakyness of the GLA). The only possible link between you're post and the qoute was that you were suggesting that you are a sneaky GLA player

OT - nah, it's just from a movie. the one with adam sandler. Mr. Deeds. it wasn't that funny but it had a few funny points. didn't mean to throw you off. lol. i WISH i was a beta tester though. Mr. Big Shot DjSiD is a beta tester. perhaps he could fill you in on the sneakiness of the GLA. sorry bout this taq, didn't mean to go offtopic. you may resume you're conversation about C & C Generals.

Here's a preview of how C&C plans on dealing with cheating in Generals. This is from the CNC Universe site:

Although the full-blown official Generals website has yet to launch, the Generals Development Webpage has now been updated with full graphics, screenshots and some new additions to the already-existing FAQ. The latest updates make mention of the steps EAP is taking for cheaters, disconnectors and their kind. Here