best game at it's time

Emperor Harkonnen

• 2 weeks later...

RTS Winner would be Command & Conquer the original. It set the scene for the future of RTS games without a doubt. Dune2 started it all but C & C stepped it up a notch with its multiplayer abilities. Emperor being the best RTS at the moment despite westwoods best efforts at its failure.

FPS winner would be Wolfenstein 3D for the breaktrough and Doom 2 for focusing the gaming world on the future of multiplayer gaming. I had to repeat my last year at school because of that game. Unreal 2003 being the best FPS on the market now.

Rescue Raiders for the APPLE IIe was the first RTS game on the market by the way. ;D It was the most gameplay packed game that shits on the gameplay of 90% of titles coming out today. I wished it was multiplayer back then :) Anyone here ever played it? ??? (i played a upgraded version of it on IBM in colour but the gameplay sucked. The name of it was anti aircraft

Deus Ex. Maybe not revolutionary, but it at least changed my point of view on any FPS games. Theres almost unlimited freedom in that game. Do what the _ell you want, nothing, I repeat: NOTHING! is linear in DX. Choose to play Arnold or Ethan Hunt, doesn't matter, you can do exactly as you please. The story is also the first ever that they at least spent some time on, not just "he bad, you good, he army, you pistol, he kill people, you save earth" etc. And you can for the first time (for me at least) expect to think first, then act!

Wolfenstein 3D was good, only discovered it about 2 years ago :). Doom was revolutionary, multiplayer and stuff.

The Lion King for SNES... no, just kidding. Super Mario was great. Sonic was also great, actually, the very first real sidescrollers that were actually good, not just for eye candy or something.

Dune 2, hmm... never played it. But Dune 2000 was -The Game- that got me interested in Dune, and that's how I finally ended up here, after waiting for the "to be revolutionary" Dune Generations.

Command & Conquer was really great. Actually I like the original CnC most. I think Red Alert was somewhat like a copy.

Anyways, Deus Ex is the number one game for me, StarCraft on the second place, if you're interested.

that is impossible to say

however i can say that i would not pick the PC as the system for the best games *of their times*

here r some of my faves nyway

Sector K240 - "deep space deep trouble" on the Amiga great game... brings tears to my eyes :'(

Zool - Amiga again THE side scrolling platform game (xcept maybe sonic ;D)

Worms - cmon u know u love it

Xcom Apocalypse/UFO enemy unknown - need i say more?

Dune 2 of course

Syndicate

Total Anihilation

Dark Reign

And I hope it stays that way Ex.

Here's my opinion of chess:

You start out with equal pieces, yes. But from the first move on it's never equal. Either material is unequal or position isn't, but something isn't. You can make millions of analogies with chess and real life, not necessarily war. I love it! Can't get enough of it! KungFu chess is evil and hurts your chess skills!

Go isnt just a board game, its a philosophy. Each move effects the whole game. Every piece and move is as important than the last one you made. It represents order and chaos. they say no two Go games are the same. There are millions upon millions of different moves. Take that joe.lol ;)