best game at it's time

Emperor Harkonnen

Revolutionary hah I laugh at that, all it was was a Matrix game. The concept proved impossible for multiplayer, so it was very narrow. And very linear.

But, the best game of its time is Super Mario N64. Graphics were superb for its time, and gameplay kicked butt. I love that game.

Mario 64 was one of the WORST games of all time. The play control SUCKED. Super Mario Bros Part 1 had better play control than Mario 64! (and that's REALLY bad...because Super Mario Bros part 1 from 1985 had some of the worse play control of any video game ever made, surpassed in it's horribleness by very very few games ever since, one of them being Mario 64)

Max Payne also sucked. Look at his arms! It looks like the artist drew most of his arms one day but did not have time for the forearms, then that artist got fired, then a month later they employed a new team of artists who had no clue how to draw, to create his forearms. They pasted these forearm drawings onto the original drawing in a sloppy "rush job" and the result is the total visual obscenity (and not in a GOOD way!) and eyesoar known as Max Payne. His arms look completely freakin' RIDICULOUS. Just seeing those is enough to make any game player with good taste to not be able to stomach looking at Max Payne for even 30 seconds, much less playing the game.

If I look at what game I played most, it has to be Diablo (especially Diablo II: LoD). Diablo has for me been (and still is) the most addictive game ever.

Looking at graphics, I still say Serious Sam: 2nd encounter. No game to date has better graphics. Morrowind comes close though. It's graphics are great and they day/night scenery is excellent. The rain and thunder (especially the sound of the thunder) are excellent. No game to date has reached the same level as Morrowind.

Ok, if 64 games are also counted in then GOLDENEYE!!!!!

at it's time it had the best multiplayer ever too.

and I agree that Mario 64 was enormously good. It was the first of it's kind also, I think.

and Mario kart 64 is still fun. I play it lots of times.

the controlers for 64 rules!!!! best I have ever tried