can anyone help with this?

Scorpius

Hey, Im new to the forums and I need some strategies for Emperor. I'm playing the Harkonnen campaign and Im attacking Caladan. How do I defend against the Fedaykin without loosing most of my armor units? because if you've been there, you would know that they don't give you a whole lot of time to prepare for the fremen attack.. or maybe its me..

I don't know about this Timenn, it's kind of hard to get a bunch of dust scouts when your Harkonnen ;D same with kobras, but I guess that you spend alot of time in these forums and sometimes skip important words like say HARKONNEN or campaign ;D but back on subject, if you have the imperal sardukar use the normal ones to quickly take the fredican, or if you don't perfer that method, the try 5-8 buzsaws and run em over where you last saw them ;)

::) was a little bit lazy in reading topics. Well you know that for Ordos then

But I think you like it as Harkonnen more. Well mostly you can build Buzzsaws. for running those Fremen down. Just go hunt some with them. And Flame Tanks for guard. With ofcourse scouts with them. Careful to not light your own scouts

Get some flametanks to fry'em. The flametanks does not have much hp, so have them guarded and when the fremens arrive, just fry the whole area! It works perfect for me as I have done the harkonnen campaign without having any problems at all.

• 2 weeks later...

If you fire with an explosive weapon (I don't think it need even to be explosive) on a spot that is polluted by Inkvine, it will be set on fire. Everything on it will be burned.

But you don't need Flame Tanks for that. And it's only too much work

Here's what you do to prepare for the Fremen rush. WATCH your level 2 Inkvine Catapult. You must try to KEEP IT ALIVE! It's very valuable, which means that the Atreides will want to roast it as soon as possible. Get Flame Tanks, and Buzzsaws, and position them on the ridge where the Fremen come from. Hit the Snipers and Kindjal infantry in the infantry cover with the Inkvine Catapult(s) you have, simply to remove the nuisance. Now, force fire on an area between the two areas of infantry cover closest to the left side of the map. Keep force firing on it with the Inkvine Catapults. Now set it alight with Flame Tanks! Some of the Fremem will probably run through it and take damage, allowing you to spot them and move Buzzsaws and Flame Tanks in for the kill. Pay particular attention to the Fedaykin. Run them over, or kill them first, before targeting the Fremen warriors, and you should have no problem fending off their attack. The hardest part about this tactic, is getting the necessary amount of Flame Tanks/Buzzsaws in time. 3-4 Flame Tanks and 3-4 Buzzsaws backed up by 2-3 Inkvine Catapults (you start with some of them), should be quite sufficient.

No, unlike cloaked units that get their invisibility from crates, Fremen are noiseless, and trackless. They move across any terrain (save cliffs and impassable terrain), with complete stealth. The only time they are revealed is when they fire, or come within range of enemy units and scouts. An Infiltrator blast nearby will also decloak them, but only for a short while. Fremen Fedaykin usually kill Buzzsaws before they run over many Fremen, but if you have lots of Buzzsaws, then taking several of them and running over where you think the Fremen are, works well.

One thing about Fremen, they are worthless against aircraft. ADPs are very effective at stopping Fedaykin sneak attacks on your base. Once they lock onto a unit, they keep firing their full salvo, even if the unit that they are firing on cloaks again. They will however, need to see the unit again to start firing another salvo. ::)

Fremen won't be much use online now, unless you can get 10+ of them into the enemy base and kill the Construction Yard. Most people ally with the Fremen probably because they are scared they will have no defence against other people with Fremen. If there is 1 person in the channel with Fremen, then it is likely that everyone will get Fremen. ::) I hardly see Sard/Ix/Guild combo's anymore, and Tleilaxu are even more rare.