A SAD DAY

PToN

Guys i am really sad for what i saw today. My day started as everyday, well almost everyday, at 11:00 PM i wake up took a shower i ate something and i went to work. When i got to CompUSA i went to clock in and after 1 hour of been there i saw somthing that shocked me i saw the merchendiser manager taking Emperor off the shalves I ASKED IN A BAD TONE HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING? She said "its been discontinue a few months ago and we are sending the games back" i almost started crying. I remember the day on which i got Emperor i had to work at 10 and i went to Best Buy to buy it the lady said we dont have it yet I SAID WHAT!!!! YOU MUST HAVE IT, and she said let me check the SYSTEM she cam back with a box with very atracktive colors i said YES. I paid 49.99 ( worth the money ) and i got late to work because of emperor, i didnt even wanted to work I WANTED GO HOME AND PLAY THE BEST GAME EVER, i lied the manager , i said i was feeling bad really bad, he said ok go home, i ran home since i dont have a car (it wanst soo far ) when i got ther started intalling the game and finally the moment i had been waiting for 3 years EMPEROR:BATTLE FOR DUNE. Thats why i almost cried today when i heard that Empeor its been sent back to WW, retail price 14.99 employee cost 8.45 i wanted to buy them all but i knew it wouldnt change anything, i turned back and started selling shit.

Soon stores wont have Emperor on the shelves, so if you want to collect some GO NOW SINCE TOMORROW THEY MAY NOT BE THERE.

I now have Warcraft III. Yes, I love it so far. It is great. It's selling like hotcakes, and I know Blizzard will keep supporting it. But you know what? Emperor is every bit as good in every way that counts for an RTS. SOOOOO much potential. WTF happened? I mean, really, WTF happened?!!!! It's unbelievable that a game so good could just die like that. I haven't seen it on Best Buy's shelves for months now. I saw it a month ago (one copy) at a Sam's Club for $14.99, and I bought a copy on e-bay for a friend for $2.26. Emperor is STILL the best-kept secret in PC gaming, and I blame f---ing Westwood for that. Stupid marketing and betrayal of their fans. Man, am I pissed off about it.

That means people are greedy greedy bastards ;) They have a great game in their hands and they want more. More more more. WW should be killed this WW should go to hell that. Whining like this doesn't get you anywhere, so keep your cookie before your owner takes that away, as well.

argh i just got into this game and now i here this???!?!?!? :'( i bought it a week after it came out played it for 2 days and never touched it again tell i lent it to a friend of mine got it bakc after about 2 months (he never even remembered he ahd it installed and i forgot he had it) and just yesterday i decided i was borde stiff of warcaft 3 and americasa army for now and wanted to try some of my old games so i installed civilization 3 and after getting wiped 3 times installed emporer and MAN IS IT GOOD I CANT BELIEVE I FORGOT IT!! and now theres barely a game on on westwood to play and its seems to have been totally forgoten even through its away better than c&c, red alert 2 or dune2k (all of witch i still see in stores regualrely)its to bad sutch a good game could be totally passed off by the public and die so quick.

Are you sure it's not just ONE odd store? I mean come on, you can still find Dune2k if you look hard enough, and that game fared MUCH worse than Emp.

I will never forgive Westwood for this! They will die by my crysknife! I will have their water!!! Ummm, yeah... ;D

Well we all know WW are cheap bastards. Take another company like Zuxxez entertainment (most of you probably never even heard of it). The Earth 2150 series sold pretty bad, despite being very good games (IMO, even beats Emperor, and that means a lot). But after Earth 2150: The Moon Project sold very bad, they still made Earth 2150: Lost Souls for the loyal Earth 2150 fans, and decided to make Earth 2160. Now THAT is what I call a decent company.

On the other side, we have WestWood. After releasing the good games C&C, Ra and Dune2000 they came up with TS and Ra2...then they released another good game called Emperor Battle for Dune. That game sold worse then any other WW game and WW completely abandoned it. Now that is what I call a cheap company comprised of lazy ass coffee addicts who are only after money.

I think I will hire face dancers to infiltrate Westwood and "replace" the direction staff. ;D.

Well, many of my friends got Earth 2150 when it was released and told me they loved it... Then again, this is Romania we're talking about. Except a few "weirdos" like myself, nobody buys original games, they all get warez. :'(