why does warcraft3 has 1 cd, and emperor has 4 cd's?

I liked the four cd's also. Though, I wasn't impressed with Emp's cutscenes. They were okay early on, but decreased in quality in late game. Quantity vs. quality possibly.
What are you talking about? There *was* no quantity of cut scenes in Emperor. There are very very few cut scenes.Westwood skimped on the quality (towards the end... no speech from your new Emperor even, that really ticks me off!) AND quantity.Quality vs. quantity is giving them more credit than they are worth since they skimped on both counts in Emperor.

i dunno, i kinda like one cd more cause i never play the campaign's anyways. Multiplayer is ALLWAYS better, so i just usually skip to it right off

One cd is definately better if you play the game on more than one pc cause you only have to remember to take the one cd with you

We once had this computer room with 12 pc's, we walked around to each pc starting up the game and then removing the cd for the next pc, if we woulda had 4 cd's and done that, jeese, forget it

Ummm dude if u had 4 cd's it would go faster...... First of all if u had em installed on each comp and all u needed to do was put one cd in and take it out and off to next comp that'd go 3x faster. And if you needed to install it on each comp well........There would be one cd for the game your talking about and one cd ( all you need is install disk for emp installation ) for emp it'd go same speed so ummmm.............Until next post, Vilgent.

You may be forgetting the vast amount of music (170MB) that was shared out between the cds, as well as the significant size of the 3d models, animations, and textures involved in Emp. And whether or not quality is better than quantitiy, WW still had about 1GB (compressed) of movies. That is not going to fit on one CD.

With three house CDs in Emp, it is easy to play online against a friend on two different computers. The upside: you can play custom matches together when only one person bought the game. The downside: it enables people to cheat on the ladder by playing themselves or playing family or friends on two different computers. Also, the downside for Westwood is that they couldn't sell as many Emperor games because we didn't need a whole new disc to play against family and friends; for example, I can play against family or friends sometimes in custom matches, with one disc in their computer and one in mine, rather than having them buy another game.

Blizzard has guaranteed that the only people who can play the game are those who have their own disc, thus guaranteeing additional sales.

What you are all forgetting is that as half-baked as Emperor was, WC 3 must have even far less content. A PC game that only ships on one CD almost *always* means there is very little content to it. The only exception I have ever known to this rule is Deus Ex, one CD but mammoth content, one of the most content-rich PC games ever. Yet almost every other one-disc PC game has very little content, which results in the game being over very very soon, and the boredom factor setting in very very quickly. ::) :- :'( >:(One-disc PC games is *not* something anyone should be happy about.

Something to consider: Real movie cuts use a LOT more memory space than computer graphic cut scenes. Those real actors and stuff on Emperor took up a LOT of space. Max Payne is on one disc too, but I was satisfyingly long.

WARCRAFT III IS USING Divx for the videos it has ( for more info about Divx go to http://www.divx.com ) which format will give you the same quality in samll files its just like mp3s. and The game doesnt have the SAME GRAPHICS AS EMPEROR HAS AND MOST OF THE MOVIES ARE JUST LIKE HE GRAPHICS ON THE GAME PLAY ( HOW DO I KNOW? No Comments till the 3rd :) ) The GAME IS A PAIN IN THE NECK HAVING TO BUILD EVERYTHING AND UPGRADE EERYTHING TO BE ABLE TO COMBAT SOME ENEMIES, ON EMPEROR WITH A FACTORY AND a barrack you can win. THE BEST THIS OF THE GAME AND THAT IN THAT ASPECT IS BETTER THAN EMEPROR IS THE RACES THEY ARE UNIQUE EVERY RACE HAS DIFFERENT THINGS ( buildings, units , heros, etc )

Winners:

Graphics: Emperor

Gameplay ( based on how esay its to play ) : Emperor

Sound:Emperor

SUPPORT: WARCRAFT 3

Controls: They are almost the same just the principal click is inverted

PS: I am not saying that WARCRAFT III is a bad game BUT I am saying that EBFD is better

Well, having 4 CDs means that with just one copy you can have a 4-player LAN game.

The more CDs, the better (if you have a LAN, otherwise it doesn't matter either way)

P.S. Nav, if Emperor is so half-baked, why do you keep playing it? Move on to something better! Please. ;D

Remember that some of the cutscenes were essentially the same material pasted onto each disk...I saw that worm die several times ;D So, I would argue that it was simply quantity and low quality. Just because they reproduced some scenes or changed things just a little (like a hark face instead of an atr at a podium), I am not going to think it high quality.

Warcraft differs in that the story progresses over 4 campaigns. They are combined, I mean. It only tells one grand story and doesn't show you a replay clip you have already seen.

Don't get me wrong, the clips were descent on emperor and I like the game...Red Alert was probably better with cut scenes though.

Then you have to consider file structure as Taq pointed out...not that I know much about it though.

As a side note, I saw a review that states it may be the best storyline by Blizzard...the story in Emp wasn't all that great.

thats true also the thing is that i dont understand why did westwood abandoned EBFD ( i know you have read this before and that you may fell that way too ), i jusy freaking hate westwood because of that. and BTW Earth and Beyond is not worth ( i am beta ) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

and i am kind of stupid for keep buying WW games i ll buy C&C: Generals :-[ :-[

iam waiting on my f*kn email that has been pushed back since june 7th!!! but once that arrives I will be in beta for E&B too. Does it really suck that bad? they posted today hey sent them out, but to be patient cause its random. ::) ;D