FunkyFr3sh

Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

Posted (edited)

Hey. I can not understand who is to blame for this: I decided to download the cncnet for a multiplayer game, but after putting it in the game folder there was an inscription that I have an old version and I need a patch 1.06. How can I fix this?180693438_(128).thumb.png.2ce82fe9872e6bf81371645334b0dde2.png

Edited by Helkor Duner

28 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

Hey. I can not understand who is to blame for this: I decided to download the cncnet for a multiplayer game, but after putting it in the game folder there was an inscription that I have an old version and I need a patch 1.06. How can I fix this?

I guess you are using a vanilla dune 2000 game (not the gruntmods version), and you probably have the early version of the game. this early version don't have grenadiers, St.Raiders or Sardaukar for multiplayer game (practice vs the AI).

You need to install the patch, which it's official; I guess clicking "yes" there will do it; but if you are not 100% sure you can download the file directly from here and look at it before installing.
https://forum.dune2k.com/files/category/15-patches/

It's official from Westwood; so should work with no problem.

12 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I guess you are using a vanilla dune 2000 game (not the gruntmods version), and you probably have the early version of the game. this early version don't have grenadiers, St.Raiders or Sardaukar for multiplayer game (practice vs the AI).

You need to install the patch, which it's official; I guess clicking "yes" there will do it; but if you are not 100% sure you can download the file directly from here and look at it before installing.
https://forum.dune2k.com/files/category/15-patches/

It's official from Westwood; so should work with no problem.

Oops, I was sure that I already had a patch 1.06, but the inscription in the menu turned out to be incorrect. Thank.

P.S. The "yes" button opens the browser search.

3 hours ago, Shifu said:

How to disable it?

fps.png

Hey mate! Open the Dune2000Config application in your D2k directory, then navigate to Video Options and disable Show FPS. That should get rid of that.

4 hours ago, Fey said:

Hey mate! Open the Dune2000Config application in your D2k directory, then navigate to Video Options and disable Show FPS. That should get rid of that.

But, in the latest version Dune2000Config, there is no such checkbox Show FPS...

3 hours ago, Shifu said:

But, in the latest version Dune2000Config, there is no such checkbox Show FPS...

I still use an old version; if you really need to get rid of that ASAP try it.
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27847-black-borders-small-screen/?do=findComment&comment=396216

But if the FPS showing it's not that bad just wait for Funky answer.

If you ever try the old version, don't overwrite the one you have, just execute it to unmark the FPS part.

15 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

If you ever try the old version, don't overwrite the one you have, just execute it to unmark the FPS part.

All this is useless ... 😥

7 hours ago, Shifu said:

All this is useless ... 😥

The old 2016 version have a "show FPS" option, but you need to move it where you have the game in order to work, I am not sure if has to be called exactly "Dune2000Config.exe" in order to work; but anyway, the option it's there, should work, dunno why doesn't to you.

Hello.

I decided to move from high resolution to lower. It used to be 1920x1080, I chose 960x540, because here the pixels are divided exactly into each other, so this resolution does not look blurry (pixel length is exactly 2 times less than in the monitor resolution). But the problem is - exactly on this resolution a certain bug occurs. When I move the mouse to the right or bottom side of the screen (scrolling the map or menu), the mouse visually remains at the edge. However, if I try to move the mouse to the center of the screen, it seems to be stuck in the edge. The most obvious thing that comes to mind is that the resolution of 960x540 is only visually, the mouse works as in the usual 1920x1080, therefore it goes beyond the edges, because of this it is very uncomfortable to play. Maybe there is a setting that fixes this? I use the latest config that is built into the CnCnet.

If this is really a bug, I would very much like this to be fixed.