Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

All downloads links were updated, if anyone should have linked to a file somewhere then please update the urls since the old ones are not working anymore

Should you host/share a copy of cncnet5.exe somewhere on any server or installer then please replace it with the new one found in the first thread

• 2 weeks later...

dune2000.exe updated:

In-Game briefing for custom missions will now be used from the matching .ini file instead of .uil/.uib [basic] Briefing= (if MissionNumber was set to 0 or did not exist in the .ini)

MissionLauncher.zip updated:

WOA Sandstorm added: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27252-release-war-of-assassins-sandstorm-expansion-campaigns/

Butlerian Jihad added: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26997-release-new-campaign-butlerian-jihad/

• Upvote 2

dune2000.exe updated:

In-Game briefing for custom missions will now be used from the matching .ini file instead of .uil/.uib [basic] Briefing= (if MissionNumber was set to 0 or did not exist in the .ini)

Hmm, nice addition Funky, but that means the game won't use briefing from .ini file if MissionNumber is set to nonzero value (1-9)? I understood (and designed the editor this way) that MissionNumber will be used for the actual mission number and the game will use respective music/soundtrack and briefing - or will use briefing from .ini file if provided.

As it is now, the MissionNumber value in .ini file / editor makes no real sense (because map authors are instructed to set it to zero) and I can rather remove it from the editor at all.

So do you think it would be suitable to make the game always use the briefing from ini file?

Thank you for all your work!

MissionNumber is still needed for the official missions to play the right music and use the matching .uil/.uib files, but for non-official missions there is now almost no use for it anymore. You can probably remove it, no one did bother yet to create the needed .uil/.uib files and people don't want to use text.uib anymore either (text.uib was needed when custom .uib/.uil files were used)

Some old campaigns still use the text.uib briefing (like the ones from feda that I ported and included with the launcher), so I probably need to keep it optional for compatibility reasons

MissionNumber is still needed for the official missions to play the right music and use the matching .uil/.uib files, but for non-official missions there is now almost no use for it anymore. You can probably remove it, no one did bother yet to create the needed .uil/.uib files and people don't want to use text.uib anymore either (text.uib was needed when custom .uib/.uil files were used)

Some old campaigns still use the text.uib briefing (like the ones from feda that I ported and included with the launcher), so I probably need to keep it optional for compatibility reasons

I did :p

• 4 weeks later...

I should be ashamed in not noticing it sooner. (But then again, work work work)

You did excellent work on the new music.

Will you be adding more?

Do you mean the music in Rise of the Mercenaries? I've been thinking of adding more. You can listen to it and view credits here.

If you were talking about something else just ignore me :p

Here are my four mods to be included into the launcher.

Contain the campaigns:

- Fremen Warriors

- Smugglers mini campaing

- New House

- Spacing Guild.

Here are my four mods to be included into the launcher.

Contain the campaigns:

- Fremen Warriors

- Smugglers mini campaing

- New House

- Spacing Guild.

Thanks! Will include them on the next update

• 5 weeks later...

@Cm_blast

Just wanted to update the launcher, but I cannot find the file in your post. Is it gone?

Updates:

dune2000config support now translations, it will generate a string table named dune2000config.txt automatically on exit.

You can also download it here: http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/Dune2000/Dune2000Config.txt

We are also looking for translators for CnCNet, grab the string table here: http://downloads.cncnet.org/Language.zip

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

On 2/23/2016 at 3:48 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

@Cm_blast

Just wanted to update the launcher, but I cannot find the file in your post. Is it gone?

Yes, I delete them when the old version of the forum. I though you already have them, and because I was almost in the limit of space available I deleted several files.

Anyway, I am uploading again.

I included my last campaing: the Antifremen. If you need anything more tell me.

my campaings.rar

By the way: Is possible to turn off the pop-up stats from post-game? I don't mind look at them after an online game or just a skirmish/practice, but in custom campaings levels the stats have no valor, you can't compare to a already-full-base IA or you are just tied to the money, events, etc... from the map.

I mean like a option to turn on/off that screen (if is possible to do something like this).

Edited by Cm_blast

That was fast, thanks!

Did you test it on cncnet by selecting the language via settings? I'm not sure if I can test it properly, the chinese one also does't work for me

Edit:

You forgot a few things like "Show Score Screen" and a couple of others :)

I changed the encoding to UTF8 and now it seems to display properly (not 100% sure)

OTW9e24.png

ub0ms2Q.png

uE0UFKx.png

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

I need to do some more editings because some texts looks too long. I didn't test it. I wrote it on tablet.

Are some of the texts untranslateable. I see lots of them is your SSs. (Edit: Yes i now realised i forgot lots of strings at middle)

Edit: I just checked and lol, Turkish charactes doesn't work for me but to you? Edit 2: Whatever i had to change file encoding.

Edited by Mustafa Alpren SEKİ

• 4 months later...

Dune2000.exe updated

Added support for stretching in GDI Mode

Dune2000Config updated

Added a new option named "Stretch to fullscreen"

Russian translation - Thansk to Sergey

Chinese translation - Thanks to wyq

Partial spanish translation - Thanks to Alka

Partial portuguese translation - Thanks to Asmod

A easy to use and modern looking dialog was added, the old one is still available under "advanced settings"

lwMA0kh.png

Edited by FunkyFr3sh
  • Upvote 1