FunkyFr3sh

Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

I would like to write about another little bug in Dune 2000. Music volume. Perhaps it is possible to fix this.

I prefer play without music. If to make music volume to 0 and switch to Windows (Alt-Tab) for a long time (more than a minute, I suppose), then (if I back to Dune2000) music becomes loud.

So I must again to go to menu and to change slider position. The slider position of music volume stays the same (minimal). So I must first increase volume and after decrease it to 0 again.

I don't know exactly, how much of time must spent when volume changes.

I noticed this before, but totally forgot about it. Gonna check it out soon

Just remaining.

It will be not bad, if you would like to find a way to fix the bug with music volume.

Good idea with alliances in multiplayer game. I like it.

I even try to press "A" in missions :-) . Of course, it does not work there.

Tried your latest version on Windows 10.

"This video card does not support the required modes. Please open the Dune 2000 config program and change your resolution."

Old version plays fine.

Thanks for testing, Gruntlord has exactly the same problem. This information is really useful, now we at least have an idea of what is going on

Thanks for testing, Gruntlord has exactly the same problem. This information is really useful, now we at least have an idea of what is going on

I'm having the same problem here: ""This video card does not support the required modes..." when i'm trying to launch the game.

I'm using the last "dune2000.exe" version on Windows 10 build 10240 rtm

I've read on the forum there's a workaround for this by changing the game folder's name. I tried it and it worked, but only one time. As soon as I started another game, same error shows up. I'm using the game in "Win 8 compatibility mode" for now, but this gives me freeze problems on LAN games... I'll still using it 'til a solution come up.

Sorry to intervene but please fellows put a little effort to install a couple more OSs (whatever is working in your hardware). HDDs are huge nowadays. We cannot have everything in life and the same applies in software (and hardware). BTW a couple of hours ago I had my first 'contact' with Windows 10 at a local store... Horrible experience. I am not going to install this crap till an app/game doesn't work on anything else.

I like how windows 10 looks. I don't have it yet though, but thought about getting it maybe :)

I updated CnCNet Online/Skirmish with a possible fix for the windows 10 problems, it seems to work fine now

HI guys, firstly to thank you all for your tremendous work on modding the game which i have loved for years, its fanastic to see others who love it just as much as me after all this time still!

Im writing to see if I can have a little support because im having using the build Q mod (modified dune2000.exe) and the dune2000config.exe.

My system details, ubuntu 15.04 on acer c720, intel i3 cpu, intel built in gpu hd4400, 4gb ram, 120 gb sata3 ssd.

Using play on linux i can play this game as you would expect it to run on windows and it works fine. I can use the mission select mod fine, i can use the old high res patch 1.41 to play at 1366x768 (my max resolution). Everything works fine there.

When I try to use the dune2000config.exe to use some of the options with in there no changes are made to game at all and the dune2000.ini file is created but as i say it makes no difference, the old hisres 1.41 does work though.

When I use the buildqueue modified dune2000.exe it completely crashes play on linux and the game wont launch and i only get a black screen. replacing the modified exe with the original exe fixes it again.

I have used both these mods succesfully on another pc which runs windows 7 natively so i know they work but i was hoping someone might some ideas on getting these 2 mods to work on play on linux?

• Upvote 1

You cannot fully use the dune2000config with the build queues since a lot options were added after it was made. You should not apply high res patches manually since all newer executables have the high res patch built in

All downloads links were updated, if anyone should have linked to a file somewhere then please update the urls since the old ones are not working anymore

Should you host/share a copy of cncnet5.exe somewhere on any server or installer then please replace it with the new one found in the first thread

dune2000.exe updated:

In-Game briefing for custom missions will now be used from the matching .ini file instead of .uil/.uib [basic] Briefing= (if MissionNumber was set to 0 or did not exist in the .ini)

MissionLauncher.zip updated:

WOA Sandstorm added: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27252-release-war-of-assassins-sandstorm-expansion-campaigns/

Butlerian Jihad added: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26997-release-new-campaign-butlerian-jihad/

• Upvote 2

dune2000.exe updated:

In-Game briefing for custom missions will now be used from the matching .ini file instead of .uil/.uib [basic] Briefing= (if MissionNumber was set to 0 or did not exist in the .ini)

Hmm, nice addition Funky, but that means the game won't use briefing from .ini file if MissionNumber is set to nonzero value (1-9)? I understood (and designed the editor this way) that MissionNumber will be used for the actual mission number and the game will use respective music/soundtrack and briefing - or will use briefing from .ini file if provided.

As it is now, the MissionNumber value in .ini file / editor makes no real sense (because map authors are instructed to set it to zero) and I can rather remove it from the editor at all.

So do you think it would be suitable to make the game always use the briefing from ini file?

Thank you for all your work!

MissionNumber is still needed for the official missions to play the right music and use the matching .uil/.uib files, but for non-official missions there is now almost no use for it anymore. You can probably remove it, no one did bother yet to create the needed .uil/.uib files and people don't want to use text.uib anymore either (text.uib was needed when custom .uib/.uil files were used)

Some old campaigns still use the text.uib briefing (like the ones from feda that I ported and included with the launcher), so I probably need to keep it optional for compatibility reasons

MissionNumber is still needed for the official missions to play the right music and use the matching .uil/.uib files, but for non-official missions there is now almost no use for it anymore. You can probably remove it, no one did bother yet to create the needed .uil/.uib files and people don't want to use text.uib anymore either (text.uib was needed when custom .uib/.uil files were used)

Some old campaigns still use the text.uib briefing (like the ones from feda that I ported and included with the launcher), so I probably need to keep it optional for compatibility reasons

I did :p

I should be ashamed in not noticing it sooner. (But then again, work work work)

You did excellent work on the new music.

Will you be adding more?

I should be ashamed in not noticing it sooner. (But then again, work work work)

You did excellent work on the new music.

Will you be adding more?

Do you mean the music in Rise of the Mercenaries? I've been thinking of adding more. You can listen to it and view credits here.

If you were talking about something else just ignore me :p

Those are exactly them. Worthwhile a download too!!!

Here are my four mods to be included into the launcher.

Contain the campaigns:

- Fremen Warriors

- Smugglers mini campaing

- New House

- Spacing Guild.

Contain the campaigns:

- Fremen Warriors

- New House

- Spacing Guild.

Contain the campaigns:

- Fremen Warriors

- New House

- Spacing Guild.

Thanks! Will include them on the next update

@Cm_blast

Just wanted to update the launcher, but I cannot find the file in your post. Is it gone?

Updates:

dune2000config support now translations, it will generate a string table named dune2000config.txt automatically on exit.

You can also download it here: http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/Dune2000/Dune2000Config.txt

We are also looking for translators for CnCNet, grab the string table here: http://downloads.cncnet.org/Language.zip

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

7 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

@Cm_blast

Just wanted to update the launcher, but I cannot find the file in your post. Is it gone?

Yes, I delete them when the old version of the forum. I though you already have them, and because I was almost in the limit of space available I deleted several files.

Anyway, I am uploading again.

I included my last campaing: the Antifremen. If you need anything more tell me.

my campaings.rar

By the way: Is possible to turn off the pop-up stats from post-game? I don't mind look at them after an online game or just a skirmish/practice, but in custom campaings levels the stats have no valor, you can't compare to a already-full-base IA or you are just tied to the money, events, etc... from the map.

I mean like a option to turn on/off that screen (if is possible to do something like this).

Edited by Cm_blast

got it now, thanks

will add an option to disable it

edit:

I found your old file, it was called "My mods.rar", somehow i missed it :D Anyways, i updated everything now with your latest version

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

9 hours ago, Mustafa Alpren SEKİ said:

I just checked lengt of the files and they are not long, i can translate them to Turkish.

That would be cool, we don't have turkish yet. Thanks