Dune 2000 1.06p - Game patching (bug fixes, new features)

FunkyFr3sh

Hello again.

I see that 960x540 would be actually the best resolution for me but I can't play it because of problem I said one post ago. I talked about it just 5 months ago and I still see this problem. I tried at another pc (laptop) and there is same problem but with another resol (because there original resolution is not 1980x1080 but 1366x768, so lag resol is not 960x540)

Edited by Helkor Duner

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 6:57 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

You can change your scaling method via ddraw.ini shaders. I did not include linear cause it's too blurry, but I added cubic instead.

renderer=opengl
shader=Shaders\cubic.glsl

If you use 2x or 3x scaling then maybe use the xBR or xBRZ shader, these are looking amazing (But you need a good graphics card for them, old intel graphcis card can't do it).

All the new resolutions that are showing on the bottom of the list are 2x 3x 4x (Integer scaling) resolutions, you can use these for xBR and xBRZ.

You can also download more shaders, check the readme file in the Shaders folder.

Videobackbuffer is now always disabled, that's right. You don't need it anymore cause the new renderer will not use it at all.

Hi @FunkyFr3sh ... I'm running Gruntmod on a 2K monitor and I'm trying to get the graphics to scale up. I'm not very familiar with direct draw, but I can read an ini file. When you mention using 2x or 3x scaling, how is this accomplished? I don't see it in the ddraw.ini and I don't happen to have a Scaling folder in my Dune 2000 directory. Any help you can provide is appreciated!

On 9/20/2019 at 12:11 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

@dizM0nkey try this: https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases

Here is a example config for 2x scaling: https://imgur.com/a/kxsM1oY

Note: The config program doesn't support this new ddraw.dll yet so it will override it. Make sure you put the ddraw.dll back into the folder if you should ever open the config program.

Thanks FunkyFr3sh I seem to be crashing with these settings... can you help?

I found the additional shaders here:

https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders

; cnc-ddraw - https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw - https://cncnet.org

[ddraw]
; ### Optional settings ###
; Use the following settings to adjust the look and feel to your liking

; Stretch to custom resolution, 0 = defaults to the size game requests
width=1920
height=1080

; Override the width/height settings shown above and always stretch to fullscreen
; Note: Can be combined with 'windowed=true' to get windowed-fullscreen aka borderless mode
fullscreen=false

; Run in windowed mode rather than going fullscreen
windowed=true

; Maintain aspect ratio - (Requires 'handlemouse=true')
maintas=false

; Windowboxing / Integer Scaling - (Requires 'handlemouse=true')
boxing=true

; Real rendering rate, -1 = screen rate, 0 = unlimited, n = cap
; Note: Does not have an impact on the game speed, to limit your game speed use 'maxgameticks='
maxfps=125

; Vertical synchronization, enable if you get tearing - (Requires 'renderer=auto/opengl/direct3d9')
vsync=false

; Automatic mouse sensitivity scaling  - (Requires 'handlemouse=true')
; Note: Only works if stretching is enabled. Sensitivity will be adjusted according to the size of the window
adjmouse=false

; Preliminary libretro shader support - (Requires 'renderer=opengl') https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders
; Example: shader=Shaders\crt-lottes-fast-no-warp.glsl
shader=super-2xbr-3d-2p.glslp

; Window position, -32000 = center to screen
posX=-32000
posY=-32000

; Renderer, possible values: auto, opengl, gdi, direct3d9 (auto = try direct3d9/opengl, fallback = gdi)
renderer=opengl

; Developer mode (don't lock the cursor)
devmode=false

; Show window borders in windowed mode
border=true

; Bits per pixel, possible values: 16, 24 and 32, 0 = auto
bpp=0

; Enable C&C video resize hack - Stretches C&C cutscenes to fullscreen
vhack=false

; ### Compatibility settings ###
; Use the following settings in case there are any issues with the game

; Hide WM_ACTIVATEAPP messages to prevent problems on alt+tab
noactivateapp=false

; Max game ticks per second, possible values: 0-1000
; Note: Can be used to slow down a too fast running game, fix flickering or too fast animations
maxgameticks=0

; Gives cnc-ddraw full control over the mouse cursor (required for adjmouse/boxing/maintas)
; Note: This option only works for games that draw their own cursor and it must be disabled for all other games
handlemouse=true

; Use Waitable Timer Objects rather than timeGetTime+Sleep to limit FPS/Ticks/Flip
; Note: To workaround tearing/stuttering problems, set maxfps 1 lower than screen refresh rate (59 for flip games)
accuratetimers=false

; Force CPU0 affinity, avoids crashes/freezing, *might* have a performance impact
singlecpu=true

; Windows API Hooking, Possible values: 0 = disabled, 1 = IAT Hooking, 2 = Microsoft Detours
; Note: Can be used to fix issues related to new features added by cnc-ddraw such as windowed mode or stretching
hook=1

; ### Game specific settings ###
; The following settings override all settings shown above, section name = executable name

; Carmageddon
[CARMA95]
renderer=opengl
noactivateapp=true
maxgameticks=30

; Command & Conquer Gold
[C&C95]
maxgameticks=120

; Command & Conquer: Red Alert
[ra95]
maxgameticks=120

; Age of Empires
[empires]
handlemouse=false

; Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome
[empiresx]
handlemouse=false

; Age of Empires II
[EMPIRES2]
handlemouse=false

; Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
[age2_x1]
handlemouse=false

; Outlaws
[olwin]
noactivateapp=true
maxgameticks=60
hook=2
handlemouse=false
renderer=gdi

; Dark Reign: The Future of War
[DKReign]
maxgameticks=60

; Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
[battlegrounds]
handlemouse=false

; Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
[battlegrounds_x1]
handlemouse=false

; Carmageddon 2
[Carma2_SW]
renderer=opengl
noactivateapp=true
maxgameticks=60

; Atomic Bomberman
[BM]
maxgameticks=60

; Dune 2000
[dune2000]
maxfps=59
accuratetimers=true

; Dune 2000 - CnCNet
[dune2000-spawn]
maxfps=59
accuratetimers=true

; Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun / Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
[game]
checkfile=.\blowfish.dll
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

; Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Demo
[SUN]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

; Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - CnCNet
[ts-spawn]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

; Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 - XWIS
[ra2]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

; Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 - XWIS
[Red Alert 2]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

; Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
[gamemd]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

; Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge - CnCNet
[gamemd-spawn]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

; Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge - XWIS
[Yuri's Revenge]
noactivateapp=true
handlemouse=false
maxfps=60

@dizM0nkey Make sure you're using the latest version of the patch (Check first post, dune2000.exe). 

Your shader setting is wrong too, make sure you download the .glsl file and not the .glslp ones. Folder might be missing too from the path you specified (unless you put the file into the game folder directly rather than using the Shaders folder, then it's fine)

; right
shader=Shaders\super-2xbr-3d-2p.glsl
; wrong
Edited by FunkyFr3sh

11 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

@dizM0nkey Make sure you're using the latest version of the patch (Check first post, dune2000.exe). 

Your shader setting is wrong too, make sure you download the .glsl file and not the .glslp ones. Folder might be missing too from the path you specified (unless you put the file into the game folder directly rather than using the Shaders folder, then it's fine)

; right
shader=Shaders\super-2xbr-3d-2p.glsl
; wrong

Thanks! I was able to get the game working with the latest executable... but scaling doesn't seem to be working. Everything is still so very small:

https://i.imgur.com/AQqzQlF.jpg

I'm using super-8xbr-3d-pass5.glsl shader. And to confirm ... I have my shaders placed just like this?:
https://i.imgur.com/DQGl3qo.jpg

Getting them from the github "shaders" subdirectory and plucking them in the Shaders directory in Dune 2000? (as in the previous image)

https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/tree/master/scalehq/shaders

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Afternoon, hopefully someone is still on here and can help, I'm stuck at step

unkyFresh adjusted DUNE2000.EXE

error

could not install as file mss32.dll could not be found. Installing again may resolve this issue'.

Any input for me? It looks like everything else is downloaded, itll load the game up but states

this is a spawned game. Please insert the game CD and restart'

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KUKOLARIK said:

Hi guys, I changed my PC and now cant run multiplayer, watch here and pls give me suggestions:

https://youtu.be/oY9VWNxjUN4

you may try to download the files on the first post of this treath.

not sure if the dune 2000.exe it's more updated than the gruntmods version, but the config one it totally is.
Here, this is how the config looks now, it has more options.

image.png.1add6519e63d2b924fd715b6984a9cc2.png

Check if you have a file where you installed the game called "cncnet5.exe", if you execute it will update your game with certain files, not sure what will download (besides new maps), but maybe it's just because your files don't match the ones from the rest of the online players and prevent you to launch. If you don't have that file you can download it on the first post here too. At least those three may help you.

If after that still doesn't work and you are only interested on the online matches and don't really care on singleplayer, there is another dune version that people seems to use for online purposes that you may try later.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

This is great patch but I have some problem:

I need windowed mode badly and there is setting in Config tool but it is gray out and stuck on fullscreen. Is there any thing I can do to make it active?

Thanks in advance!

On 11/5/2020 at 1:59 AM, Zet said:

windowed mode

Ayy mate, you gotta toggle GDI mode on first. That'll fix it. Windowed mode depends on other options being enabled, so play around with it a bit and it'll sort itself.

If your config is screwed up, here's a copy of mine. If you drop it in your D2k folder, it'll work just like the other version, which seems to have less options but is more common. You might not even have that version, but if you do, this should help.
Dune2000Config.exe

• 9 months later...
On 8/6/2014 at 12:00 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Download latest version here: dune2000.exe

Features: Features.txt

Optional Files:

Compatibility fix for all versions of Windows + Linux + macOS https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases

Dune 2000 Config tool: Dune2000Config.exe

Mission Launcher (95+ extra missions): MissionLauncher.zip

Improved Skirmish/LAN/Online lobby: cncnet5.exe

Multi-Language (English/German/French/Spanish) created by Morphosis: MultiLanguage.zip

rules.ini: rules.ini

Note: Extract the files to your game folder

Credits

• FunkyFr3sh - 1.06p patch creator
  • hifi - Patching framework creator
  • Sonarpulse - Patching framework creator
  • mvi - Ported the sub-house patch
  • CCHyper - Provided symbols and made the sub-house patch
  • D2k Sardaukar - Created the automatic high res graphic generator for the high resolution patch
  • tomsons26 - New dune2000.exe icon
  • N.Kindt - Creator of the first working high res patch

Full crash on gruntmods edition... Other versions dont work giving tiny window.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:18 PM, go1 said:

Full crash on gruntmods edition... Other versions dont work giving tiny window.

Make sure you get the other files as well:

Compatibility fix for all versions of Windows + Linux + macOS https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases

Dune 2000 Config tool: Dune2000Config.exe

config the look via cnc-ddraw config.exe

Updated the patch:

Removed all the old renderers since they're causing too many issues on newer versions of windows, it's using Direct3D 9 now which comes with some new features such as borderless mode. There are also some other new features like hardware cursor support.

Also included the dplayx.dll which is fixing the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000022). Click OK to close the application." crash

Added links to the new mission launcher and dune2000 sp patch to the first post now as well

image.png.e9b197ef03f3767976b3cfa916d7c6b6.png

image.png.f8ae4410e3558b43d92cc518949699d5.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong so I'll just bump this thread and ask. Here's what I want to do: the game to run at a 1280x720 resolution. No scaling of the original low resolution to 720p but the game actually being rendered at 720p. I thought this was the place to go for that:

https://i.imgur.com/2D7scIA.jpg

Doesn't work. I remember using some older version and it used to work. What ini file to edit to get what I want?

if trying other options but "fullscreen" or if clicking on advance settings and trying multiple options there doesn't work, you can try one settings on the computer itself.

On the desktop, right click. In my case I have a "NVIDIA control panel" and inside there is an option around there that you can choose to keep ratios or just going all fullscreen. 

You may not have NVIDIA but other graphics settings, but it should be very similar.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 5:20 PM, Cm_blast said:

if trying other options but "fullscreen" or if clicking on advance settings and trying multiple options there doesn't work, you can try one settings on the computer itself.

On the desktop, right click. In my case I have a "NVIDIA control panel" and inside there is an option around there that you can choose to keep ratios or just going all fullscreen. 

You may not have NVIDIA but other graphics settings, but it should be very similar.

I don't think this refers to my issue. The game runs, it's just that the image quality is awful because it's the old 640x480 resolution stretched on my 27 inch 1440p monitor in 720p instead of something widescreen and decent.

Edit: A quick screenshot and the resolution it saved at proved that I'm wrong and the game just doesn't apply the resolution that I input in the settings. Strange, seems like the setting just doesn't work and the dev is no longer paying attention to this thread.

Edited by Zaxx

8 hours ago, Zaxx said:

resolution

hey :p you might wanna try the dunemaster copy here:

maybe try windowed mode too. windowed mode might not be stretched as opposed to full screen at a funny resolution

anyway yeah, usually if somebody has an issue with gruntmods or dunemaster, the other will work. gruntmods ain't been updated with a buncha new stuff though, whereas dunemaster has :) there are some settings in the config that might affect display too, so should definitely fiddle with vid settings

if setting resolution ain't working, have a look at, uhh... dxwnd ini or something, it's a file that has to do with some other fixes and maybe adjusting some stuff there affects a thing

umm

hope that helps