you can ally with ai

AMIgaBot

Did you guys know this?

With the closing of the Dune-2000.com site also comes the source code for DuneEdit'98. The code is free so just email Steve and he will pass it on to you. It is written in Delphi 4.

source: http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=5195.msg58449

But who is Steve?  :)

edit: if you look at read-me of the program (download at FED2k download section) you can get his e-mail. His website looks also like to be childs-play-software.com.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

active -  ai  do military do attack do harvest replace harvesters  replace destroyed construction yard/ buldings

passive-  ai will build  units harvest spice replace harvesters and replace  some buldings but it like to forget to do error

in scripting  passive ai can be forced to obey conditions (triggers,events)

unassigned is  ai player that has no  loaded script to work with so ai wont repair buldigns  will not replace destroyed harvester/buldings  will continue harvest spice untill his harvesters are not destroyed.  this ai will not work ever  if are set  triggers and events  because to  make ai work it must be coded into mis and map file

how to  get example inactive ai?

replace some missions  example  replace  a6v1 (or a6v2  here is mercenary base) with  o6v1 ,, placing atreides map into ordos map will cause  mercenary ai to not function as its not ccoded into ordos missiion 6 map 1 , mercenary start from mission 7 ordos.

howewer  smugglers are coded on  map and mis file but their base existence is none  , if you put smuggler buldings  there  you get still notthing as smuggler is unassigned part of ai

active -  ai  do military do attack do harvest replace harvesters  replace destroyed construction yard/ buldings

passive-  ai will build  units harvest spice replace harvesters and replace  some buldings but it like to forget to do error

unassigned is  ai player that has no  loaded script to work with so ai wont repair buldigns  will not replace destroyed harvester/buldings  will continue harvest spice untill his harvesters are not destroyed.  this ai will not work ever  if are set  triggers and events  because to  make ai work it must be coded into mis and map file

replace some missions  example  replace  a6v1 (or a6v2  here is mercenary base) with  o6v1 ,, placing atreides map into ordos map will cause  mercenary ai to not function as its not ccoded into ordos missiion 6 map 1 , mercenary start from mission 7 ordos.

howewer  smugglers are coded on  map and mis file but their base existence is none  , if you put smuggler buldings  there  you get still notthing as smuggler is unassigned part of ai

To sum it all up, unassigned is just that, unassigned, they just sit there, the harvester moves just like yours would, the units just sit there and attack whatever comes in range.

My question is though, can you set what you want in the .mis file? You said you located where the variables are to switch AI from inactive to active. So my hope is you can take a mercenary base from O9V1 or 2, and place them in lets say O5V1, and switch them to active and allied. If you know where the offset is in the mission file could you let me know, thanks alot

ok here we goo

we need

1. shai hulud

2. hex editor

3. notepad

open in shai hulud map file  a5v1.map

now  open same file in hex editor

take look at smuggler starport two wind traps. they will appear as spice or worm on rocks

switch to  select mode and  move around and  copy whole terrrain with smuggler base, move your mouse with clicked left button and hold it move down a bit

now release mouse but dont click again  now  hit ctrl and c on keyboard to copy  the base

open now any mission where you can use engineers to capture buldings.  look for  empty place with no terrain or small amount of it.  dont paste base on edges of map

dont overwrite actual bases too.

resupply broken terrain around  copied starport base.

save the map file . (be sure to have  opened map file from missions folder!!)

now  start game  and play locate smuggler base and  see,  attack it a bit , ai will not repair the base ,  the smugglers does not exist in  harkonnen mission 4 or mission 5 (we copy base to harkonnen missio 5)

now  open hex editor. and close the game.  more things will translate gruntlord yesterday i formatted hard drive i lost all data  except backup thngs from dvd's ( not saved  files with locations of hex values)

look for posts of mvi for hex offsets

Raw AI is stored in a section of the mission file. This section is split down into 8, one for each of the players. It is important that the first byte of each sub-section is the house index (zero based). So if you're copying player 4's AI to player 3, in addition to overwriting player 3's AI section you would have to change the first byte to 2 (2 is the zero based equivalent of the one based number 3).

My mission file specification topic should show you what bytes the AI occupies.

there are no  offsets.  ai passive is  ai with base but does notthing  ecept repair/rebuid  passive ai is located in atreides mission 7 where you fight harkonnen  put there emperor base and see.  ai does not build tanks  quads trikes, sometimes does  infantry but rare.  this is example of passive ai.

Thanks mvi, but im not sure which offset sets the AI's activity. Is there a certain one that sets them to "active or passive"?

The ai is all logic, so right now you have to copy and paste the code from another house with ai, as we have no idea what code does what(in the AI logic), and it will be like that for a while.

Gotcha. Ive been fooling around with some of the variables just above the alliances offsets. So far havent found anything. Ill keep in touch in what i can find

Sounds good, Discovering AI logic would be very usefull to writing out own unique ai that is more advanced.

• 4 months later...

If anyone still wants to play in skirmish mode with an AI ally, here is slightly modified original _PARC.Mis. Place it into datamaps directory (don't forget to backup original file). All AI opponents will act as they should in skirmish, including your ally. AI ally randomly plays for any house with any colour; it knows where other players are, and constantly attacks them. If Ally's CY is destroyed, it will restore it if possible. You cannot break the alliance with an 'A' hotkey.

Warning: this works in Network games, too! There you can break the alliance with AI, but you won't be able to restore it. Still, I don't recommend to play Network games with an AI ally, 'cause I've never tested it and the result is unpredictable.

the AI don't act JUST like in the original game.when they selling the base they sell it not as fast as before.(can you make the AI sell only buildings like palace's to get enough muney to rebuild hes refinery/harvester?)

• 1 month later...

the AI don't act JUST like in the original game.when they selling the base they sell it not as fast as before.(can you make the AI sell only buildings like palace's to get enough muney to rebuild hes refinery/harvester?)

That would take a great deal of effort for something that wouldnt see much use.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for post under post but i see dune2000 modding team is almost gone

i am alive gruntlord , mvi left devasta left, we should get more team members sonehow. to continue, as in total we have large progress. . i want to continue progress. but with who?, who can continue modding too? i have ceased actual "hacking" as awaiting for some fresh news

sorry for post under post but i see dune2000 modding team is almost gone

i am alive gruntlord , mvi left devasta left, we should get more team members sonehow. to continue, as in total we have large progress. . i want to continue progress. but with who?, who can continue modding too? i have ceased actual "hacking" as awaiting for some fresh news

I'm still alive, but atm I'm without anyone to hex the missions for me. I can keep designing concepts and maps but that's the scope of things. Once my Xbox 360 modding program is complete I may be able to have someone look at this old gem of a game.

did you opened var.bin topic? i have found nice things in it :D

I still think we need to focus on mission and map files, and sadly the language barrier is still a bit annoying.

I have a solid coder now, so when xbox development is done we can make a .map editor that supports buildings.

use icecheat trainer and take largest map make sure ai is ordos to not get raped with airstrike/death hand , whe you start with it build like 10 barracks light/heavy factory and produce units as fast as you can soon or sooner you will get very nice message saying that you reached bulding/unit limit and any new unit wont be produced also yyour units will not shot any projectile somehow when limit is reached

i cant check this since i dont have icecheat trainer because cant find it and i dont have it on computer after hard disk death