you can ally with ai

AMIgaBot

What did you mean by:

"i can find out which building has which value (i know how, but i cant explain its quite complicated" and "maybe i put the tutorial how to find out these offsets. maybe..."

If not a method?

@AMIgaBot

The Ordos starport hex is for use in .map files. By using that hex in the special index of a tile in a .map file, it would place a starport structure there.

so i could  put on habbanya erg starport.. who will be owner???

where i must  put the hex offset ? in what part of map file.. because then i need to replace one of hex values with this one.. do a little explaination how to do that

so i could  put on habbanya erg starport.. who will be owner???

where i must  put the hex offset ? in what part of map file.. because then i need to replace one of hex values with this one.. do a little explaination how to do that

Map placed structures and units do not work in practice mode maps.

Now, if you wanted to add an Ordos structure to the campaign, you take the reference DaxxXyrax mentioned (0x1102), and because unsigned 16 bit integers are stored in reverse order you reverse the 11 and 02 to give 02 11. Now you pick a tile, remember each tile in a .map file consists of 4 bytes: 2 for the tileset index, 2 for the special index. So you need to change the 3rd byte to 02 and the fourth byte to 11 for that tile.

Among the tools I will be releasing, a campaign map editor will be included, I've been making a campaign map with the editor already!

well.  there must be something that allow you  to put bulding in skirmish.. it must be some sort of  settings somewhere. 

map files from campagin and skirmish  show no diference, almost same structure . mis files are  different but well

why  _mis files are in  mapss folder??  maybe there was going to be capable to play multiplayer campagin ?  . dune2000 was unfinished before release. many things are  not implemented into game.. 

i saw in  r8 file  with  image conventer a  other colors of crates. each other contained other powerup. we can see only one blue crates.  .........

The only way I can see to get buildings into skirmish is through .mis edits. But as today is the first day I've ever had editing .mis files I know very little about them.

By the way, if people are still using hex editors which take ages to save, I recommend XVI32 (it's freeware), it's lightweight and fast.

i got  hex editor that is implemented into right click menu and properties.. its faster than any it has maybe low  options but atleast its  good for fast edit

i think that dune2000.dat hold more nessecary data because i  replaced  habbanya erg with harkonnen 9 mission map 2. and did  replace _prac.mis with _h9v2.mis notthing happened i start with  standard infantry and mcv

To fully understand a machine, you must understand the place and function of all of its parts. Likewise here, every time you break part of it, you gain understanding. The error messages appear to be particularly helpful.