you can ally with ai

AMIgaBot

I FOUND SECOND THING... LOOK AT PRAC.MIS FLE AND O6V2.MIS .. SEE DIFFERENCE???  THE CAMPAGIN HAS MORE DATA THAN SKIRMISH..... that why we cant use anything in it... dune2000.dat is holding the secret also dune2000.cfg  is doing same but  there is  no manuver fields.. .. another thing.. usse program tsearch.  search for same stuff like in hex editor.  tsearch is finding memory adressess. if we could handle these, we could manipulate some stuff..i use tsearch to  have sniper rifle in alien vs predator 2.. i am having in alien drone  a sniper rifle. i just  use claws to throw shells. also i can send grenades via tail..  if we could know how and when change memory values.  we could see how game react.    but its veryy very complicated. ..

about houses i think that is possible to become mercenary.. because ai is building base and one other thing

in 8player game each player is house but tthey are sattached to main.

i mean

player 1 atreides

player 2 ordos

player 3 harkonnen

player 4 fremen

player 5 mercenary

player 6 smuggler

player 7 empero

player 8 sandworm

but  there is  jerky problem.  the last 8th player cant be  sandworm house.  ebcause sandworm has  special flag for it. i think player 9 or something , and its named house other. qquestion is. that i tried edit  sandworm and put him other behaviors and  added mcv ability.  he was not going off sand anyway, he was just eating  tanks harvs.. but the imagge was  totally funny, quad merged with mcv ..

also game will crash if you try to take worm in tibed to be buildable..  if you change behavior it will crash game.

there must be some way to  convert the sandworm into vechicle but i need scientists  to help with it..  also sandworm has  his own waypoints.  because i observed him few times and he ws going from 1 location to 2nd.. 

also  worm detect stealth raiders :D

That's the events, which I'm fairly sure don't contain the trigger data. Since that event data seems to be the last big amount of data in the mission files I guess AMIgaBot is right about them being before the diplomacy settings.

well i  have found events  they are split in mission file.. for test i taken o7v1.mis  , after carryal deliver reinforcements  mercenary is taking away units.  i have editing something  where was

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF or something. and on top there was numbers 01 04 06.  there is pair of 7 or 8  these FF FF stuff. each one has its number.    your number is 6. if you replace 6 on top of your FF FF things,  your abse is under ai control.

i was editing further things.  sometihing on top of file  before  ai diplomacy. also  between carryal and events and between carryals and diplomacy... events are split in mission file in three parts

1. active

2. passive

3. unassigned

ofcourse 1 is 0 2 is 1 3 is 2

i have found that there is five  events types two more are unknown .

active - ai is moving units ,attacking , protecting its own base, making harvester if destroyed,  use staport and airstrike (ig atreides) or missile (harkonnen)

passive

enemy is defending its own base,  attacks are rarely and they are erratic also other functions are like previous

unassigned

ai is harvesting spice it rebuild base but dont use other stuff dont replace harvester, wont produce tanks, if ai has barracks he will create only 2 infantry and 1 trooper.

hex editor was not giving me exac understtanding but when i began edit memory while play. i was close to find core.  i found something that appear that can be called team work

you run game dune2000.exe

dune2000.exe is executing dune2000.dat

the dat file load the game details menus  buttons etc. but lets ttake closer look.  dune2000.dat has an ability to  unzip the r8/r16 files  into memory. because game wont  do it in  visiblity, i mean  when u run game u wont see  images inside  r8 files because they are not unzipped that way. also  dune2000.dat is loading settings from  bin files . the bin files contain unit/structures  details like power  production/drain strenght of units/buldings  also repair data, crates frequenter (thing that ccreate crate on map for random time, it conrol amount of crates like  skirmish.uil file but more adwanced. )

i still dont know  some things . why modifications to  text.uib cause game to completily crash.

also forgot about again dune2000.cfg file!!!  the westwood wanted develop  ability to play with 8 players. there was 8 colors, but due to network code weakness they had to cease,  settings to be able to get 8 people stay in game, they removed 2 colors, and  the two additional ai.  we can have them back but not the colors. colors can be changed by  dune2000.cfg hacking  . i hacked it  easily so i am fremen color (yes grey atreides is looking very realistic)  the last color was  clean white.

i know that there is way to convert units from cnc sole survivor or cnc red alert 1 into dune2000.  but you mus do  changes both  to dune2000.dat  data.r8 and data.r16 file  into ui_gfx folder put images of the unit. also implement units into bin files. exacly to templates.bin ..  this is possible  only with knowing dune2000 source code.  this means that source code is  floating around in internet.... you can disassemble game but that is not the all.  you must have tools that were used to develop dune2000 .  i think you can extract only header files. but not cpp .. 

i had the proof of converting units into dune2000  long ago. i had buy game after release.  noone know that dune2000 was  physically released ....in my city there was guy who had the game.  we used to play over lan.  (we were living in one bulding, but he was on  2nd condignation i was on 3.  we just run cable from window , he knew whole details of game.  one thing was impossible .  for those years dune2000 was hard to beat for newbies. he was newbie but how he could beat game in two hours .. thrre was no trainers or any cheats. he knew all missions, all.  he also was  awaiting for moment when campagin will be playable  online, but this never happened because  westwood never finished this ....... althrought there is one playable mission  with bases.  .. i saw o his computer , the game menus had additional button in center of options  it was cooperative mode . he could also toggle stealth raider cloak on or off.  he had microphone support too. he had one map file for multiplayer where each player start with base built up events were ocassionally set so evryone had reinforcements.  it was modified version of imperial basin.. . i saw all these stuff...  ,  soon he was gone he  left poland  and hes  living on great britain.  i have no more informations .. 

also you can see remainings of  the hidden stuff.  shygiirl had found it too,  some people mention that itt was  cup from  tournament game. it was complete junk,  the missing field near house selection was subhouse.  . it was only changing color scheme and bulding alliegance.  notthing more. you were starting with

2 construction yard, one on large land second on smaller

10 wind traps

3 refinery

1 heavy factory

1 baracks

1 outpost

1 light factory

1 high tech factory

1 starport

1 ix research center

1 repair pad

1 palace

4 silo

the changes u were able to..  the base was staying as it but when u select atreides ,  you get atreides buldings

ordos, ordos buldings

harkonnen harkonnen buldings. as for  emperor you were getting purple harkonnen with emperor palace

fremen has atreides structures but you had  sietch as palace

smuggler has as it was. but brown -  notthing special

mercenary, you have  standard ordos buldings but you get their heavy fatory. also icon is of heavy factory, not the main menu thing

also there was third  diplomacy ,  the mentioined neutral status.

First off, excellent post AMIgaBot.

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF or something. and on top there was numbers 01 04 06.  there is pair of 7 or 8  these FF FF stuff. each one has its number.    your number is 6. if you replace 6 on top of your FF FF things,  your abse is under ai control.

Can you give the hex addresses please for what I need to alter to get the same result?

you run game dune2000.exe

dune2000.exe is executing dune2000.dat

the dat file load the game details menus  buttons etc. but lets ttake closer look.  dune2000.dat has an ability to  unzip the r8/r16 files  into memory. because game wont  do it in  visiblity, i mean  when u run game u wont see   images inside  r8 files because they are not unzipped that way.

Dune2000.exe is a small program which runs to see whether or not the DAT file needs patching, all the game is in the dat file. The R8 and R16 files aren't zip files, they store a series of images and some other data, such as information relating to whether units can move there, how fast they can move, whether you can build on it etc (in the case of the BLOX files) and store some other information like the origin of the image in the case of other images. R16 is a simple 15 bit colour system, for each pixel it stores two bytes, in the format XRRRRRGG GGGBBBBB (where the X ignored), R8 files have one byte per pixel and I believe uses some sort of palette (unsure about the palette part).

i still dont know  some things . why modifications to  text.uib cause game to completily crash.

What srt of modifications? I would assume as long as you make sure the lengths are updated and that no keys are removed it should be fine. Just make sure the string lengths are updated (very important)

this means that source code is  floating around in internet.... you can disassemble game but that is not the all.  you must have tools that were used to develop dune2000 .  i think you can extract only header files. but not cpp ..  

How does that mean the source code is floating around? It isn't. The source code along with the tools are at EA, this has been stated by more than one Westwood developer. If we can get some data relating to headers that would be very helpful for format cracking. The tools aren't so much an issue, if we know how it's loaded in we can make tools.

i had the proof of converting units into dune2000  long ago. i had buy game after release.  noone know that dune2000 was  physically released ....in my city there was guy who had the game.  we used to play over lan.  (we were living in one bulding, but he was on  2nd condignation i was on 3.  we just run cable from window , he knew whole details of game.  one thing was impossible .  for those years dune2000 was hard to beat for newbies. he was newbie but how he could beat game in two hours .. thrre was no trainers or any cheats. he knew all missions, all.  he also was  awaiting for moment when campagin will be playable  online, but this never happened because   westwood never finished this ....... althrought there is one playable mission  with bases.  .. i saw o his computer , the game menus had additional button in center of options  it was cooperative mode . he could also toggle stealth raider cloak on or off.  he had microphone support too. he had one map file for multiplayer where each player start with base built up events were ocassionally set so evryone had reinforcements.  it was modified version of imperial basin.. . i saw all these stuff...  ,   soon he was gone he  left poland  and hes  living on great britain.  i have no more informations ..  

Interesting information, I'll have to ask about this. Where did he get this version of Dune 2000 from?

dunno..  but  the idea was great.  the stuf is not here anymore. but i saw it on my own eyes. in multiplayer.. friend was capable to play campagin in multiplayer. howewer i dont know how he done this but this means that  something must have been leaked. . he was master at these stuff. i will look in my home store to find the old computer.  he installed on my comp that version of game.  it was on 2gb hard drive . i have in store over 20 hard drives. not sure if it still works but i try to get it .

it was for me very amazing to play atreides mission 8 in multiplayer.  the map was for 3 players

1 was the down ordos , second was harkonnen on right and third was atreides on top also second ordos base was removed smuggler base too. more fantastic was ability to play missions on standard game missions.

o wait. i remember one more thing. he has a program to switch  gameplay modes.  he was replacing settings in  dat file.  he inverted  some strings and  data.  because  skirmish is still campagin but ai ,, events , triggers  are disabled. that why we cant do it right now. but my friend was able to evade this and play missions online. .. for skirmish we have free up ai.  in campagin we have tasked ai.  (ai is set to triggers and events, if u destroy produktion buldings ai wont sell other buldings... that is it!!)

if i find ever screenshot of program i will publicate it. i will look to find old hard drive.  i belive that there might be  programs that he used to.  ..he knew someone from westwood team. ...

o and one more thing  .  the ms dev program (microsoft developer or something) was used mainly for  dune2k missions , ai scripting.  dune2000 dat contain only few percents of clean game code.  fulll source code is not easy to get. i wish to buy it from ea but they wont sell it

i was editing further things.  sometihing on top of file  before  ai diplomacy. also  between carryal and events and between carryals and diplomacy... events are split in mission file in three parts

1. active

2. passive

3. unassigned

ofcourse 1 is 0 2 is 1 3 is 2

Have you got the exact addresses I need to edit to do this please? Where in the file is it exactly?

the changes u were able to..  the base was staying as it but when u select atreides ,  you get atreides buldings

ordos, ordos buldings

harkonnen harkonnen buldings. as for  emperor you were getting purple harkonnen with emperor palace

fremen has atreides structures but you had  sietch as palace

smuggler has as it was. but brown -  notthing special

mercenary, you have  standard ordos buldings but you get their heavy fatory. also icon is of heavy factory, not the main menu thing

you played as subhouse? and how do you know that the 8th color is white?

mvi .  you can go with editing memory only this works since  editing files is doing the same thing but i can do this  for  selected units.  . i  have done to ordos mission 8 same stuff. ai astreides get reinforcements of infantry but they stay in place.  its hard to explain by searching  what adress you are actually on since  prog gives me over million adresses . if i could have  superfast computers to search it could be great but i must be effective..

the unit conditions are  hard to find with hex because they are  same as events split between. you can fuck up easy.

white is unplayable anymore but i  used to have it years ago. it was good experiment. the guy had evrything about dune2000. canrt get him anymore but today i will  launch a hard drive to see if the stuff are in ..

playing subhouse is just for fun not real gameplay...

MAN IT WAS 10 - YEARS AGO!

my friend had  secondary  icon .. it was where the black hole shygirl4 found...he just clicked the fourth icon  tthere was text : fremen mercneary emperor smuggler . selecting this stuff was letting have already built in small bases of subhouse.

smugglers were having large  base t. in normal campagin they ahve 2 wind traps refinery few silo. on some missions they have  factories and barrrack but no refinery.. in reality it was  good base it has evrything except ix research and palace.  theeey were not buildable...

the builded bases were removed because they were  too easy and were distortion .

sub houses .. well i cant be subhouse now because  i dont have that nessecary tool.  it cant be done ever by editing mis files. .. they were hard coded ever harder that my memory editing isnt giving exac  effect.

i can build once mercenary heavy factory as standard ordos but second time i build normal heavy factory

also the game had an glitch and it was not going to be really done by disabling rebuild ability of emperor palace.

well some people say that dune2000 was released in 1997 some in 1998 or 1999  but noone know that  it wwas done  faster.  game was released for selling about 1998/1999  its a little difference because dune2k  was  really unfinished..westwood was working on it long time, people  were awaiting for it, soon they forced ww to drop it ..  many things were not implemented. i saw these things on my friend. he could also upgrade outpost to get modified outpost.  and the Moutpost was disabled to . .. so  there was no any programs to modify dune2000 in 1999 year but  he  could do evrything i remember that  he was not running any programs while game.  he was owning special functions  in-game.  it was so cool looking  he could decloak its own fremen/stealth raider.

cheats with bulding on white sand

1. use funreal plain map  with 1 ai credits 7000 tech level 7 unit count 10

worms off crates on

2. launch game

3. build huge base.  put around concrete .  click to build starport. when its reeady go to edge fo your concrete. click starport icon but not move on map.  hti alt tab,  return to game and in same time  keep clicking.. it should be faw away. .. it can be done  in any place with memory editing because alt tab stuff limit you opnly about 10 squares  from your base. so u cant build on top left when u are bbottom middle.

reverse engineering should solve problem.  ..  without cpp files  we are just  blind.

i have attempted to disassemble dat file but i got  very frustration when  20gb of free space was gone from my 500gb hitachi .. i was  extracting stuff from  bin files and one of the extracted data was junk but  4gb others were  500 - 700mb files.

i used other disassembler and i just got notthing interresing. it was same stuff like in dat mis where ai jobs are presnt

Reverse engineering will not give us the original cpp files, I've disassembled and decompiled the DUNE2000.dat, I'm currently looking through both but the results I've found so far have been rather limited.

Not a lot, the trouble with decompiled code is there's no comments, no original names, and the code is very different to the original code. Looks like the internal codename of the game was July2000, heh, least they had a sense of humour ;)

The game mechanics are there, ever try reading thousands of functions which are named like B000000344A5, and have random variable names? Reverse engineering something is a long process, it doesn't have instant results.