General Questions about this forum.

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Ok, well, I'm quite new to this forum... or at least I have a few unanswered questions, so I was hoping for some answers.

Q1:

Why do people refer to gob as insanely violent?...

Q2:

Is double/triple posting "illegal"

Q3:

Do you get banned immediately if you don't use @ in cr@p?

A2: Double/triple posting like I am doing right now is "illegal". Edit your post instead. Although if you post in a thread, and no one else replies you can feel free to reply after a 48 hour period or so. Before that editing is preferred and people will be notified that you edited your post as it will have a "new" thing next to it the same as if someone had replied.

A3:

I don't think crap will. But excessive useless swearing will accomplish nothing.

Ahh, so that's how you're catching up Andrew ;)

A1) Gob is a post-hungry yeti who slumbers a lot.

A2) x2/x3 posting is frowned upon (but inevitable).

A3) I have yet to see someone banned immediately (usually it's an ongoing possibility that reaches a boiling point, whenceforth the yeti is awoken and The Dungeon prepares for another visitor...)

As for the swearing. "cr@p" is the same for me as "crap". Just because it is typed differently doesn't make it different. "Fuck" is the same as "f*ck" (though if you have enabled Nema's censor, you will read "dash" instead.)

You can actually use some swearing over here, but if you do it too much, people will like you far less.

Insulting people and personal attacks are a different matter though, and will not be tolerated. When done to the extreme a ban can be immediate, as some members may have experienced.

Hope that answers your question :)

The rules are here:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?action=faq

"Although if you post in a thread, and no one else replies you can feel free to reply after a 48 hour period or so"

Don't do this to bump a topic up the list, double-post when you have something new and significant to add and modifying your post wouldn't be appropriate. News on ongoing Dune II: The Maker project work, for example, would be a good reason to double-post.

"though if you have enabled Nema's censor, you will read "dash" instead"

Some swearwords are censored spellchecked simply because it confuses spammers to find their rant has turned into telling their target they're a considerate person and an intelligent forum member. And because it's amusing. The feature does actually do some spelling work, too.

In general, there's not a problem with swearing, except if you're attacking someone. The other thing that's liable to get you warned or banned is using sexist, racist, etc. language.

Basically GOB runs the forum and is sweet and loveable till someone pisses him off (Naveros) then he rips your arms off and beats you to death.

Theres no need to swear lad, no need at all jut expand that vocabulary.

Why double post just edit your original.

Most people here are reasonably tolerate and it takes verve to piss em off.

They don't call him the Eater of Small Children for nothing..

Double and triple posting are usually standard forum rules. Most forums that actually do make sense frown upon multiple-posts. There is a large majority that doesn't mind bumps and the sort. But this is a small forum (relative to the ones I've seen my friends visit) so threads usually don't get ignored, cutting down the need to do any bumps.

Be nice. Really.