what are you cooking ?

spicy

what are u eating today? or cocking ?

Lets see, what will I be cocking today?

So nobody wanted to poke fun at this or am I just a bad person? ;D

I'll probably be cooking bacon later today followed by burnt toast.  I'm not gonna burn the toast intentionally but somehow it always happens.

Chicken rice porridge for dinner. Basically taking the chicken rice and adding water and boiling it until it turns into some pastey thing, though the grains are still visible. Sort of like oats, but it's rice and not wheat. The rice was originally made with chicken oil, so it's rather fragrant. Throw in slices of chicken, some "char siew" (roast pork with some red dye to make it look more appetising), some cucumber. *burp*

We have lots of those "char siew" buns here. It's quite popular, along with other types of buns of a similar nature. Instead of "char siew", they could be filled with some assorted vegetables (turnip, for instance) or lotus paste. The lotus paste bun makes a great snack!

Singapore, after all, has a Chinese majority.

Chicken rice porridge for dinner. Basically taking the chicken rice and adding water and boiling it until it turns into some pastey thing, though the grains are still visible. Sort of like oats, but it's rice and not wheat. The rice was originally made with chicken oil, so it's rather fragrant. Throw in slices of chicken, some "char siew" (roast pork with some red dye to make it look more appetising), some cucumber. *burp*

We have lots of those "char siew" buns here. It's quite popular, along with other types of buns of a similar nature. Instead of "char siew", they could be filled with some assorted vegetables (turnip, for instance) or lotus paste. The lotus paste bun makes a great snack!

nice post man . i enjoyed ure taste . i love rice and i love chickens ..

i give members  a rest today from my middle east food recipes (bones and stuff lol ) and i leave u with

gunner lovely post about food from the far east.. hit us more gunner i might try one

of ure meals if i can find the content i love the idea .. yummy spicy

Also sushi is expensive because it tastes so nice.

Umm, by "char siew" buns do you choa su boa's? Remember you can refer to them as pork buns, since chou su boa means Pork bun in chinese... I think... Have you tasted it?

Seriously $picy where do you get these "facts"/ideas about japan and the far east?

I'll throw in a recipe I guess wtf. Her goes, now this is for what I call the ultimate homemade breakfast burrito's>>>>>>>

First about a pound or so of Jimmy Dean sausage unfrozen. I cook that until its done then I drain all the fatty juices...put back on the stove and I mix a large can of semi-spicy salsa, an entire pound or so bag of shredded cheeses, Mushrooms I like with mine.( sometimes I will mix different cheeses with it). then I add to this around a dozen small eggs after blending them up real good. Then I just let it all get back up to cooking temp again and I would say around 5 minutes later also after blending it all well as it's cooking.When that is all done I use the largest burrito wraps I can buy with alot of Sour Cream to go inside as well as onions and some finely diced celery. I then wrap them up as large as I can make them. Oh man, I'm drooling now for the groceries to make those. God I could eat those around the clock If I could. Sometimes for a dinner type of one of those I will dice in a long way with boneless chicken or tenderized, slivers of good steak.Throw a nice slice of yellow bananna peppers on each with more cheese topping, put some sour cream and salsa in small containers for dipping. Man those things rule.

tv

It's all lies!  :(

I'll throw in a recipe I guess wtf. Her goes, now this is for what I call the ultimate homemade breakfast burrito's>>>>>>>

First about a pound or so of Jimmy Dean sausage unfrozen. I cook that until its done then I drain all the fatty juices...put back on the stove and I mix a large can of semi-spicy salsa, an entire pound or so bag of shredded cheeses, Mushrooms I like with mine.( sometimes I will mix different cheeses with it). then I add to this around a dozen small eggs after blending them up real good. Then I just let it all get back up to cooking temp again and I would say around 5 minutes later also after blending it all well as it's cooking.When that is all done I use the largest burrito wraps I can buy with alot of Sour Cream to go inside as well as onions and some finely diced celery. I then wrap them up as large as I can make them. Oh man, I'm drooling now for the groceries to make those. God I could eat those around the clock If I could. Sometimes for a dinner type of one of those I will dice in a long way with boneless chicken or tenderized, slivers of good steak.Throw a nice slice of yellow bananna peppers on each with more cheese topping, put some sour cream and salsa in small containers for dipping. Man those things rule.

Drain those fatty juices! No fat = good food, it sounds really nice.

tv

scar damn that really sound like a hard work to do in the morning but hell its worth it ..

do they look like that ?

No it doesen't look like that it is a very large(well mine are when I make them lol). It is very rich the way I make them. Like a huge oversized burrito  that has eggs, good grease free sausage, melted cheese some salsa mix and I like to put bananna hot peppers diced up in mine. Pretty much a balanced breakfast all rolled up with some sour cream( again I put a ton on mine). Sometimes ill add some diced green bell peppers also. They are very good trust me...and fast to make believe it or not. Very, very filling.

The only hard part of making it all is having to drain the grease from the sausage before adding the rest of the ingredients.

Kids tear those up in the morning like there is no tommorrow.

best food in my opinion is pizza hot, the pan pizza super supreme or pepperoni with extra cheese

and extra pepperoni i could eat that everyday for the rest of my life but its too expensive

here 1 large pizza cost 10 dollars ...

so i cant eat it a lot and i have to eat my mums vegetables  :'(

I just had fried rice with salted fish. It's pretty simple fare actually - fried rice, some pieces of egg, peas, corn, carrot (you know), spring onions... and of course pieces of salted fish. Very savoury. To top it off, chili padi sambal (ie chili "sauce" with a bit of dried prawn. The chili comes from the chili padi, which is a type of small chili that is much spicier than normal chili). Classic.

Yeah, we usually call them "char shao" (in Mandarin) here, but many refer to them as "char siew" (in Cantonese, a dialect). Mandarin for bun is "bao", so we call them "char shao/siew bao" here. Yes, they are roast pork buns, so we're probably talking about the same thing.

Yeah, I've eaten them. There are good buns and there are the not-so-good buns. It's quite a staple for people who, say, head over to a "dim sum" (sort of Chinese fingerfood. It's supposed to mean "touching the heart (lightly)") restaurant for breakfast or lunch.

The bun I had was nice, I eat mine from a chinese (old) "couple" (they are married) and they own a chinese shop.

once I nearly had to eat this disgusting "meat"... it was cow intestine! disgusting! ew! Gross!, along with some bad tasting rice.

Have you people ever eaten paella? well don't, in paella things ever taste like chicken... and sometimes even snot... but maybe that's just the paella I eat?

Paella? Nope, not heard of that.

Yes, Chinese cuisine is notorious for featuring a lot of internal organs. There are dishes that involve pig intestines, kidneys, liver, belly, heart...

... chicken feet...

... and like in your case, cow stuff. I remember a dish which had beef, cow organs, beef balls, with 'mee hoon' (rice vermicilli) in soup. It's quite a popular dish, though I don't particularly fancy it. Organs don't particularly stick well with me.

Paella? Nope, not heard of that.

Yes, Chinese cuisine is notorious for featuring a lot of internal organs. There are dishes that involve pig intestines, kidneys, liver, belly, heart...

... chicken feet...

... and like in your case, cow stuff. I remember a dish which had beef, cow organs, beef balls, with 'mee hoon' (rice vermicilli) in soup. It's quite a popular dish, though I don't particularly fancy it. Organs don't particularly stick well with me.

*Vomit* *Vomit* *Vomit*

My father usually makes horrid things like that... very... wrong...

yes beef balls .. lol  we barbecue that on coal with liver and meat ...

taste great ..

that remind me to something funny about middle east kitchen ..

well nothing here from the caw go to waste . and i mean nothing ..

only the eyes maybe ...

i start naming things :

_ the head .. we eat the brain and the tong and the meat from the head..

this is all called head meat meal

- tail and balls  and bones from the legs and feet and eaten ..

_ all internal parts and even vowels and stomach are used to make sausage..

only things left uneaten is skin and eyes i guess .. weird isnt it ?

well but not to worry what i might feed u today i just had a simple

negresco  at lunch . i hop i dont need to explain what that is lol ..

but hell i had loads of it .. am stuffed ... i just cant stop eating

when it comes to pizza or pasta ...

post-4974-12833239595615_thumb.gif

Do your means tend towards being unhealthy? They seem extremely meaty... (referring to meals for all posters here)

there is nothing unhealthy with fresh and tasty meat ... but my usual meals are made

from some meat cooked with different kinds of vegetables and and eaten with boiled rice..

more like the stew thing u know .. so its not meaty at all.. but when it comes to meat

meals well i guess people here dosnt like to throw anything  from the caw ..

7 Billion Pizza's are eaten a year (or something like that).

yes beef balls .. lol  we barbecue that on coal with liver and meat ...

taste great ..

that remind me to something funny about middle east kitchen ..

well nothing here from the caw go to waste . and i mean nothing ..

only the eyes maybe ...

i start naming things :

_ the head .. we eat the brain and the tong and the meat from the head..

this is all called head meat meal

- tail and balls  and bones from the legs and feet and eaten ..

_ all internal parts and even vowels and stomach are used to make sausage..

only things left uneaten is skin and eyes i guess .. weird isnt it ?

*Vomit* *Vomit* *Vomit*

... *Vomit*, when you first had eaten that (right before you ate it) what did you think?

Do your means tend towards being unhealthy? They seem extremely meaty... (referring to meals for all posters here)

No, I usually eat balanced meals, and I nearly eat salad with everything I eat.

Chicken schnitzel and salad (lettuce, cucumber and onions (raw)) tastes really nice in a bread roll.

Also raw button mushrooms taste nice.

Hot Chocolate Fudge cake and Toffee ice cream...yum.

That does sound "yum".