Most over rated games ever

Sneakgab

I found TFC so boring compared with Enemy Territory.

I've played both, and I'd have to say ET was definitely fun as hell. TFC would be my favorite though because of the clans (with Voip which made the game so much more fun) and the conc levels where we'd all jump around using conc grenades over obstacles.

Halo.  Maybe it's because I'm not crazy about multiplay in general; maybe it's because I'm playing it for PC rather than X-Box.  Maybe it's because I already played Doom, like, a zillion years ago.  Nah, maybe that's too harsh.  Doom had some interesting level designs.

I couldn't help but feel like I was stuck in some sort of Groundhog Day time warp while playing this game.  Follow the blue corridor around the bend and OH CRAP A BUNCH OF ALIENS but now they're dead and follow the blue corridor around the bend and OH CRAP A BUNCH OF ALIENS but now they're dead and follow...

The backstory is actually pretty neat; it would have been nice if you experienced some of it in the actual gameplay.

Halo 2 was neat because you got to play as a bad guy in some levels.  But then I got bored of that because it's exactly the same as playing as the good guy.

I get that it was one of the first shooters for the X-Box (Red Faction was a lot more fun, despite it's own shortcomings), you got to drive stuff (which isn't as new a concept as Bungie would have you believe), multiplayer is a lot of fun (I didn't find it to be so), and the graphics were just SPECTACULAR (I play ADOM, so graphics /= a great game); but right from the get-go, I just didn't find it to be as revolutionary - or as fun - as everybody seems to think.

As an afterthought, I find it absolutely hilarious that you can pistol-whip an enemy with a rocket launcher.

• 3 weeks later...

halo gets a lot of attention because it is yet another example (probably the best one since goldeneye/perfect dark)  of how FPS genre can be just as effective and fun to play away from the keyboard/mouse.  It seems to me that when an FPS game is truly great on console, it receives more attention than FPS games that are of equal quality on PC.  Yes, halo is available on PC and XBox, but it is primarily a console game.  Why would you bother w/ halo as a PC gamer when you can play CS?

really?  that's weird for me. I never heard of a PC gamer playing primarily Halo and not counterstrike.  also never heard of a PC halo lan party lol. only XBOX halo lan party. also never seen any halo gamers at the PC internet cafe's but i haven't been to one in six months (nor did i ever go that often).  so maybe it's just where i live. lol.

I'm basing my comments on my own opinions (quite a dumb statement to say).

To rephrase my idea, Halo may be more fun on a console than on PC, but that's not the reason why people would play CS over Halo. The proper reason, I'd say, is that people simply find PC CS more fun than PC Halo. Think about the number of people out there who don't own a console.

WHAAA?  RTS?  wow, that's crazy.  Where did you hear that?  i'm curious now.  It definitely has potential w/ the flood, the covenant and the human factions.  I could see that working.  that might explain the PC/XBOX dual release, beyond the fact that it's Microsoft.  RTS I never really enjoyed them as much on consoles, although it's been a while since I played any on console.

To be fair, Halo for PC came out a long time after it came out for Xbox, and therefore was not in demand by that time. A few extras, but most people already had their share of it on Xbox. And in the long run, I got bored of Halo 1/2/3. Halo 3 lasted about a month for me before I stopped playing.

yea, I played some of the beta and I wasn't too thrilled with a lot of the new weapons that were added in the game.  The graphics were nice and pretty, but i guess it just felt like the same old Halo 2 gameplay with some minor tweeks.  Is this what the finished version is like as well?  I had a blast playing Halo2 on live, but I guess I was ready for something new with no. 3.

• 4 weeks later...

What was good about 1/2 that 3 doesn't have? (btw, I don't have the game)

newness quality. At least to me. By the time it got to the third one, the bush is pummeled and beaten with a couple new ornaments to hang from it. Don't get me wrong, games like swords/shotguns on Midship were awesome. But you can do that on Halo 2  :-