Battlefield 2

Acriku

there is somthing i dont understand about the helicopter maybe gun can tell us since he say his good at it.....its about shooting the pilot missels..those missels are supposed to be air to ground

missels but somehaw i cant aim them down unless i pitch down the front of the plane which will make it move forward in unwanted speedy move....or the other way which i saw players doing it is to decend to ground level to have a direct shot...which is not very realstic a heli pilot should be able to stand still at high  and aim those missles downward without having to pitch the front of the plane or to make a dive attack...am i missing somthing?

you have to do a dive attack.. you can decreasse this speed of your dive tho by making sure you are stationary before diving.  You dont want to dive if you are already going full speed (300mph) in a chopper.  SLow the chopper down... acquire target and slowly dive and fire.

Also the missiles are great for shooting enemy helicopters in teh air.  So they are air to ground and air to air missiles as well.

In addition... the missiles fire slightly below the targeting reticle...so put the oject below the reticle for accuracy.

Hehe I like the knife and the pistol,tho  !

Here is something  very funny , I like to attack with the padders,shocking one.Hehe thats funny I think.I  think I have 5 kills with the schocking padders.Being Commander is cool I think,and especially if you have some good squads to lead around.

Cybo commander

I've been commander for a decent amount of time, and I'd have to say that it is fun. I usually end up being engineer/commander because nobody takes their time to repair your stuff, so I end up doing it anyway and also my commander stuff. It's stressful though when you mark a place for artillery and your guys are attracted to that very spot all at once like a magnet. I try to yell over the team chat, but nobody listens (I've been warning them in advance, which seems to work most of the time). Often times I'll find myself going at odds with the other commander over side bases (like in ghost town) where extra artillery is found. You get double points if you win the match, too  ;D

Also the missiles are great for shooting enemy helicopters in the air.  So they are air to ground and air to air missiles as well.

Yep, The other thing I like is air to air attacks with those missiles are like a sniper head-shot, a 1 hit kill.

i loved the the knifing the sniper story, so funny ,i love finding snipers who dont know you r there you can almost whip out a picnic and enjoy it while thinking how best to kill him, i had a funny knife kill once. it was a total fluke i was planting c4 a guy came up for the kill on me , i freaked i got such a fight he was there, i threw c4 at him by mistake and then instead of my rifle i switched to my knife stabbing away like i was double tapping my rifle. somehow i was still there he was dead and i needed a medic pack quick, its moments like that that make the game so good.... so what server you guys play on ? im in New Zealand , but im sure i can get a low enough ping to play on more distance servers , if anyone want to check out any nz servers try the Xtra Ranked servers but i hope to catch up with you guys online sometime

yea soldier of fortune 2 lets you throw the knives.  Probably the only thing BF2 is missing.. but then again BF2 has tons more stuff that SF2 doesnt have.

Another thing I would like to see is the gore realism that SOF had. I remember in that game, things like when a guy was shot say in the foot, he would start hopping around and yelling for a bit holding his foot. Or hit in the arm and he would hold it and scream. I know it would really mess up the rating BF2 has already, but damn that would add to the realism alot I think. It wasen't so much all the blood, but rather the real responses to being shot anywhere on the body. Anyone who has ever played Soldier of Fortune knows what I mean.  ;)

Hey everyone, thanks to ergin, I can now play bf 2 on his comp when ever I'm allowed heh. I am now a coperal with and have a new unlock but havn't decided which gun to get yet so I'm real exited ;D

I already have the PKM which really is a fabulous gun, kind of feels like a lighter version of the apc gun turret as it fires the same slow rate as the apc IMO. Its a slow heavy gun which packs a punch from short and medium range and I killed 7 ppl with it in the prone position and thas to show how good it is unlike these guns which only have 30 bullets or less, considering 100 bullets in one gun and that helps to know I can happily mow down anyone without worrying for ammo.

So I just wanna say a big thankyou to ergin for letting me use his comp for a great game of bf 2.

p.s. scar. that time I played in the server we were in. I had to log out coz I had to do something, and I couldn't come back to that server cos I lost the ip for it. In case u where wondering heh. 8)

p.s. scar. that time I played in the server we were in. I had to log out coz I had to do something, and I couldn't come back to that server cos I lost the ip for it. In case u where wondering heh. 8)

No biggie. I was playing Commander that game anyway. On the unlock, I'm not gonna tell you what or which to go with, but I will say that the Spec-Ops unlock is very nice..the g36c. In my opinion anyway it's just a damn nice all around weapon, in semi or auto  mode with a nice fast rate of fire.

I've taken out snipers with it at long ranges also. All the G36-series guns kick ass I think anyway. Very low recoil,accurate,light (except the G3 assault). I have them all except the next G36-Support unlock.

Btw. Yesterday I picked up a dead guys kit to see what it was and it happened to be the new AT-kit French made weapon.  What a piece of crap!! took like 15 hits to a guy to actually kill him. I'm not trying to bash France here in anyway, but in a game about modern warfare...I just have issues I guess about unlocking a "French-made weapon." :P  Now that i've actually tried it out some..I am totally correct....it kinda blows (the weapon that is).

Must be modified, because I'm pretty sure the standard french AT kit propels a standard-issue white cloth, not rounds. ;)

Speaking of unlocks, I'm pretty pissed that I've unlocked two new weapons after becoming a gunny, and I can't use them! I've yet to use my medic gun (g36e) and the assault gun (f2000) I can only get on the team that already had it. I was hoping I could have the f2000 while playing insurgent, etc. Damn unlocks.

Thanks dude, and you're right... It's going to be a while lol. I added you gunner.

I saw some guys on a server the other day that were officers, and one was a lt. colonel! I can't believe people can get there that quickly.

yeah  I got the gunnery too yesterday ! ::)

Acriku,with the new patch 1.20 EA added some new ranks, right!

And according to the points needed to get the  qualified ramks some ppl had way over the recuired points.E.G

Top 10 Players

361,327 - BlaZiN.uk

353,018 - {TA}FireStorm

321,716 - -=RD=-Volx

305,775 - [N)@(M]Kain

298,194 - ECR.RC

297,454 - nemesis_madmax

296,317 - IKULITeflonSean

290,619 - Inc|LoKi

280,722 - Mr.Bonus

280,036 - <Wkl>Anubis

, some of these ppl have over 1200 hr of playing.This list shows the highest points ,not whos the best tho ::)

and here it is what we are up against.

'Master Sergeant

Requirements:

Score: 20,000

Unlock Available

First Sergeant

Requirements:

Score: 20,000

Awards: Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge

Master Gunnery Sergeant

Requirements:

Score: 50,000

Unlock Available

Sergeant Major

Requirements:

Score: 50,000

Awards: Basic Armor Badge, Basic Transport Badge, Basic Helicopter Badge, Basic Aviator Badge, Basic Air Defense Badge, Basic Ground Defense Badge

Sergeant Major of the Corps

Requirements:

Notes: This rank is only awarded to one player at a time. It can not be earned in game via points/awards.

2nd Lieutenant

Requirements:

Score: 60,000

1st Lieutenant

Requirements:

Score: 75,000

Captain

Requirements:

Score: 90,000

Major

Requirements:

Score: 115,000

Lieutenant Colonel

Requirements:

Score: 125,000

Colonel

Requirements:

Score: 150,000

Brigadier General

Requirements:

Score: 180,000

Awards: Expert Armor Badge, Expert Transport Badge, Expert Helicopter Badge, Expert Aviator Badge, Expert Air Defense Badge, Expert Ground Defense Badge

Major General

Requirements:

Score: 180,000

Awards: Expert Knife Combat Badge, Expert Pistol Combat Badge, Expert Assault Combat Badge, Expert Anti-tank Combat Badge, Expert Sniper Combat Badge, Expert Spec Ops Combat Badge, Expert Support Combat Badge, Expert Engineer Combat Badge, Expert Medic Combat Badge

Lieutenant General

Requirements:

Score: 200,000

General

Requirements:

Score: 200,000

Notes: Highest rank of the month

so many of them got the ranks  cause to earned points.

cybo commander