Battlefield 2

Acriku

got 2 unlocks also, I have no clue how or why.

We have a small heads up announcement regarding the next couple of weeks in BF2. Things are rolling along for the patch and the booster pack, and as expected you'll likely see them later this month. The patch will come first, and be well in place in time for the first Booster. That said, we want to inform you of a small oddity you may see in-game while we get the various aspects coordinated.

Short explanation: At some point in the next couple of weeks, you will see an empty in-game window pop-up, just like you received an award. This is just GameSpy detecting now that when the patch comes out you will get another weapon unlock. You should only ever see it once or twice, depending on how high your rank and how many unlocks you

yea i got two free unlocks for no reason as well...strange.

Oh and my system is rocking  BF2 .... i can set the resolution to 1600 x 1200 with AA & Texture filtering with all shadows and lighting and textures, everything set to high....

and i get 85 Frames per second.  So F'n wicked... i can greatly see a difference in lagg and in visibility.  My visibility is amazing ...i can see someone off in the distance on a hill reloading his gun with amazing clarity .......and there is ZERO fog in the sky when i am flying a jet.... so i am able to get better locks and i dont lose targets in the air as much.  Also i notice that i seem to be quicker on the draw vs people.

Anyways i dont see as many people getting on Teamspeak when they play BF2... Get back on Teamspeak and lets get some squads back together!

Scar i know you had to reformat...did you get re-registered?

Thats sick guns, to hear how well its going for you ;).

I am thinking of upping my comp to 2GBs as I am unhappy with the pagefile usage I have when running BF2. Its a good job I dont have any way of buying when playing, cos when it starts to lag, I would empty my bank account to get it working right, its so frustrating. I dont know if I am laggin because of me, or others.

Sometimes my ping is sweet, and still I get lag. Well, I will maybe get another 2 x 512MB Generic ram, seeing as I have some standard (kingston ?) ram already, no point going for high performance stuff. Also feel like getting another 6600GT to help, a la Guns style.

The banding I get when in a helichopter is nasty. Does everyone else get that (guns excluded) ?

Oh, I got gunnery seargent yesterday, went for the support gun. PKM me thinks it was. Nice, average gun. Still love picking up a dead mans F2000N. Man that gun rocks. Havent yet got a Scar-L.

What do you guys use to check FPS ? Is it ingame or you use FRAPs or something ?

Also, just noticed my sigs gone ? Any ideas ?

Thats sick guns, to hear how well its going for you ;).

I am thinking of upping my comp to 2GBs as I am unhappy with the pagefile usage I have when running BF2. Its a good job I dont have any way of buying when playing, cos when it starts to lag, I would empty my bank account to get it working right, its so frustrating. I dont know if I am laggin because of me, or others.

Sometimes my ping is sweet, and still I get lag. Well, I will maybe get another 2 x 512MB Generic ram, seeing as I have some standard (kingston ?) ram already, no point going for high performance stuff. Also feel like getting another 6600GT to help, a la Guns style.

The banding I get when in a helichopter is nasty. Does everyone else get that (guns excluded) ?

Oh, I got gunnery seargent yesterday, went for the support gun. PKM me thinks it was. Nice, average gun. Still love picking up a dead mans F2000N. Man that gun rocks. Havent yet got a Scar-L.

What do you guys use to check FPS ? Is it ingame or you use FRAPs or something ?

Also, just noticed my sigs gone ? Any ideas ?

If by "banding" you mean your screen seems to "tear"... then what you need to do is right click on your desktop... go to settings tab... click advanced... go to your graphics card tab..... go to performance.... and force VERTICAL SYNC to ON  that will make your graphic card render the entire screen in sync so you dont see screen "tearing".

However this takes extra effort for your GPU so you will take a performance hit.

Logged on to play a game with Erjin last night and got 2 unlocks also, I have no clue how or why.

Chose the PKM for support and the Medic G36E that is an awesome and very accurate gun.

I read somewhere that it has to do with the up comin` patch.It wil be like this for 2-3 weeks until the patch is on the battle ground.Has somethimg to do with ,testing out the new patch.( for those lucky enough to get them ( unlocks).

Cybo comander

Anyways i dont see as many people getting on Teamspeak when they play BF2

I've been trying to get onto the teamspeak server all this past week and I've been getting a connection error, is the server down?

The reason why you don't see anyone on teamspeak is because most of us switched over to Xfire a long time ago, its much more convenient and faster.

Edit: nevermind I did manage to get on the server, but no one was playing so I left.

yes i know xfire is cool... but the point of Teamspeak is so i can talk to ya easier.  ;)  Anyways... when you play BF2 just leave TS running.... it uses minimal resources and if i log on and see you down there i will go down there.  Thats the whole point.

With Xfire can i talk to you while you are in game?.... or can i only locate you?

ok what about background cpu usuage?  Scar told me that he thinks it is causing him to lagg by using up resources.  I can say for sure that Teamspeak is minimal.  Actually it doesnt matter i can just run xfire on my second computer like i do my teamspeak.  But then it wouldnt show me in a game becuz iw ould be playing on my other computer.  Hmmmm.

I personally have never had a problem with Xfire lagging me, even when I was playing Bf2 with voice chat on "very high" quality.

Right now without voice chat, windows task manager says that Xfire is using 7,700 kb of memory, for reference, internet explorer is using 17,732 kb with only this page open. The only reason why I think it could have caused scar to lag would be that he had automatic download on, which might have caused some slowdown but by default file transfers turn off while the computer is in use.

Edit: Just think, if you had xfire we could be having this conversation right now with or without voice and you wouldn't have to wait for me to post.

But he would have to put up with your squeaky voice :P

But I spuppose that is a limitation of Teamspeak too.

Sorry for the mix up then, I didnt realise it could handle multiple users in conversation at once.

As for lagging, I dont think it causes me to lag. I usually have either xfire or xfire and teamspeak on with BF2.

Don't worry I finally got rid of that microphone, it squealed since the day I bought it. a few days ago I was adjusting it and the mic fell right off. It looked like twisting it around caused too much tension on the wires and they snapped.

Oh well, it was a cheap five dollar headset, and as the saying goes; "you get what you pay for".

Scar i know you had to reformat...did you get re-registered?

Yea, someone granted me registration rights the other night after I paged FireRaven. Will be playing alot this weekend for sure, I've got some catching up to do and 2 new unlocks to try out some more.

Nothing worse than having to format and re-install everything from scratch, I usually have an image back-up, but didn't have one this time around. Took forever just getting all my BF2 settings the way I had them. I'm using XP home edition now and man it is so much faster n smoother than the XP Pro for some reason. Normally when I would close BF2 out it would take forever to get the desktop back, now it's about a second after I close it out. Pagefile I guess, Erjin was talking about that awhile back. Anyhoo, look for me this weekend ill be there.  ;)

Yea, someone granted me registration rights the other night after I paged FireRaven. Will be playing alot this weekend for sure, I've got some catching up to do and 2 new unlocks to try out some more.

Nothing worse than having to format and re-install everything from scratch, I usually have an image back-up, but didn't have one this time around. Took forever just getting all my BF2 settings the way I had them. I'm using XP home edition now and man it is so much faster n smoother than the XP Pro for some reason. Normally when I would close BF2 out it would take forever to get the desktop back, now it's about a second after I close it out. Pagefile I guess, Erjin was talking about that awhile back. Anyhoo, look for me this weekend ill be there.  ;)

ok this weekend it is then, lock n load.

Haha, either that or just one of the best stat-padders known to the game. Considering i've only attained around 6% completion for Leut. I don't even want to do the math for the higher ones yet. Damn, has anyone ever really looked at some of the top current player stats and the hours some have played? Some of those are just insane. Still though, just nice to see that the game is growing and improving more and more.

I don't care how much of a life you have, if you make it to anywhere high in those ranks (especially a 4star gen), you have an unhealthy habit and should consider help.

hehe... yea people with the lieutenant ranks worry me... i mean for crying out loud... do you see how slow the seargent bar goes?