Battlefield 2

Acriku

BF2 news:

---------

As mostly everyone has already figured out by now, EA/Gamespy global stat servers are having issues. For some reason they are not recording the stat updates very quickly. Some people claim to receive their points/awards after about 24 hours, but others still have them missing.

There has been no word yet from EA concerning this.

The EA Germany site has released some more information regarding the upcoming BF2: Euro Force booster pack. Although it's written in German, here at BFNation we've managed to extract the following details:

* The boost pack will be released on February 23rd - whether this only applies to Germany is not clear

* When you buy Euro Force, you don't buy a physical product, merely a code. With this code you are then able to download the game with the EA Downloader

* It looks like you'll need a GameSpy username to use the downloader

* The download will be approximately 350MB in size

actually..... Special forces was the same way.... you had the option to download it.  Scar downloaded it.  However, i went to EB Games Store and bought a physical copy of BF Special Forces. 

I am quite sure there will be a EuroForce Physical copy available in stores as well as a download on EA.  I personally will always get the physical copy becuz its easier to resell and its easier to reinstall.... (no need to re-download it).

well you guys it out now.

The new patch as speaking, here is what it does:

BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Dolphin Diving is no longer possible

- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time

- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed

- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed

- Helicopters now carry 8 missiles rather than 14

- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range

- Damage decreased from M134

- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced

- AA missile lock has been improved

- All support kit weapons have been adjusted

- All Sniper rifles have been adjusted

- Sa80 has been adjusted

- G3A3 has been adjusted

- Reload while sprinting has been enabled

- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

- SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed

- Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.

- Server search filters now work properly

- Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives

- Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased

- Flash bang effect radius decreased

- Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits

- Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.

- Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.

- Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.

- Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter

- The LAV25 no longer shoots through penetrable materials.

- Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).

- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.

- Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.

- Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.

- Decreased Flashbang count from 4 to 3

- Replaced the existing Czech Flag with the correct one in the front end

EXPANSION OF RANKS

- Ranks have now been expanded to allow for players to rank up to General

NEW FEATURE

VISIBLE UAV

- The UAV that is placed by Commanders will now include a visual element. An actual UAV will appear within the UAV detection radius and circle the area. Players will be able to shoot it down, bringing the UAV detection to a premature end. The Commander will be able to continue placing UAVs once the timer resets, as per current design.

KNOWN ISSUE

ATI CROSSFIRE CARDS

- Crossfire cards with 256 Megs of memory, running in CrossFire mode will run out of memory at very high resolution settings. On very high resolutions, such as 1920x1440 with 6x antialiasing. In CrossFire mode the ATI drivers are more restrictive about where resources are allocated, and as a result run out of memory sooner than with a single board. This running out of memory causes the device context creation to fail. The result is that the game just sits in a loop with a black screen. If you experience a context creation failure change your resolution to a lower setting (e.g. 1024x768 or even lower).

Here is where to get it (one of the places)

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=files&op=file&q=1373

Cybopache

had 4 kills with knife on Karkand yesterday, dived to stuck another one and as the blade is to penetrate the uniform BANG....Kicked from the server due to high ping...lol I was not the one with highest ping.I think there was a admin angry for beeing stabbed 3times lol (and I had  a pretty nice score too )

Well, lets find out ! Time to download the patch. I will install it and will either way be reinstalling BF2 unless it somehow fixes my sound issue (unlikely !). So I dont mind if there is a bug in the patch as I will reinstall and can live without it.

Will servers now require it ? Do I just leave on my check mark (tick) for "Find Same Version Only" when looking for games ?

well I did reinstall the game,patched it with the 1.12 patch.Then did I patch it with the small new patch(app.80mb)and woala,it is fixed.

I have left the mark as it was ,Like yours and it run fine for now. ::)

I think there is some ppl glad they added the new ranks,ppl with way over points got their grades.I played a major and a couple 1st Lt .yesterday.

IIll try to get on tonight tho,,so look me up on xfire soldiers.

Cybo commander

I haven't played much this past week, but I just dloaded the full patch last night,played a few games. I say it makes a huge difference in gameplay, it's nice to finally play it without a crapload of Bunny-hoppers jumping all around. And by that I mean I actually did not see one person do it. Also played a bit of sniper last night and noticed a big difference in the accuracy. Hard to explain but now I think you know when a M-95 hits your ass. (Which is the way it always should have been).  ;)

This patch also has a nice progress bar showing what is being patched and not just a little window saying patching please wait. Great patch I think, nice improvement to a more realistic environment and gameplay.

You must've had some bad team setups or something. For one the AA turrets kick ass on all aircraft, I downed many aircraft last night on Wake Island just sitting in one for a while trying it out. Could also actually see clearly with sniper rifle from across the two islands and pick off both infantry and a few heles that hovered. Karkand is no longer a bunny-fest when there are a pile of inf. fighting.  ;) it's amazing how many people relied on that crap to get a kill. So it really has made my game a bit better. That and chunking this wireless laser mouse I was trying out right out the door. I swear every game I played with it, I barely even managed to get a  kill.

Perhaps. I think I should upgrade my video card too. Can't stand having difficulty entering even buildings... But yeah. It must be bad team setups. But without my friend (yeah I rely a lot on him), I almost always have the highest deaths, and manage about 4-6 points each game by healing and reviving people. Sigh.

Scar, I told you, those mice (I use one, optical, not laser, laser is a new type) are not as accurate in small delicate movements, the type you in sniping for example. They are goo when making big movements, in fact they are very good. But try to use finese and boom, game over.

Roller ball is much better for that.

Good news, sounds fixed following my reinstall. I reinstalled cos my game went whacko when I installed the patch, now its allll running sweet, good fast (really fast) sound, patched to the teeth, I am ready to go !

Now if only I could find the time to actually play !  ::)

Well, that next patch fix is mainly for fixing a bug that causes a certain map crash with that new patch. Really nothing major.

Heres something else though I find funny as hell. I've noticed alot of servers are introducing new rules such as No PKM's. Now I just unlocked that gun, I thought it was hilarious because playing the support kit is suppose to be somewhat of a powerhouse kit in a squad. As far as the new patch goes, I think it's pretty simple...If you relied on the stupid, unrealistic crap, then you will hate it, if not then you will love the improvements...I know I do.  ;)

sheesh ? Whats wrong with PKMs ? I think I just got that unlock too, love the fact I can shoot for ages (I need to, I cant hit the floor with my foot !).

They starting to make stupid rules. Sensible rules are ok, but stupid ones I find stupid :P

well this is it !

IM logging in right now at BF2 to get a game and what do i see :O :'( :'( :'(

I`m de gradeded to Privat :O :'( :'( :'(

I`ve just reached staff sergeant yeaterday and got 3 awards( basic explosive,gold medal and combat action) and for what????

My 108 hr. playing for NOTHING. I`m speech less. I think I`ll burn the dvd-rom and get me another game to play in.Well I dunno what to do.I have to start all over again.

Cybo toilet washer