Good indicators for the end of EBFD

Xano

Many of you dont like to think this game will be dead (D-E-A-D) in a short time but the truth is it will. I think these are good indicators of the end...

First, the online community is much smaller, only the old players play and though there are a few new ones, they just stick around for a couple of months... so there are only the same ones that also post in here. You almost post more than you play! Even those grow up and find very little time to play here and walk away.

Second, No one plays this game in single player no more because its not a recent game; the people that played, with curiosity, this game single player and then jumped to multiplayer have gone long ago.

Third, there are no more clans and also players to make clan wars.

Fourth, there isnt much competition anymore to the ladder make any sense...players dont play against each other in deathmatch under ladder rules. Even the number of games played nowadays are few each month.

Fifth, many old players think they own the online games and think they are something like God emperors (elites) and even if new ones come they must submit to their stupidity (like calling noobs...kicking them from the server...) so these will walk away without even trying the multiplayer game.

Sixth, look at the downloads...if you see the fan made maps and their downloads you see that its going down from year to year... even though lately the maps kick ass, and they are the best, not crap like the first years with lots of bugs and stupid maps. Even the map makers are rare now. What does that tell you? that there arent new players that play single skirmish battles for fun instead of going multyplayer (because they dont stand a chance with elites...) so if these dont have curiosity in playing new maps who do you expect to came and play? aliens?! lol

Seventh, even the old players that made mods dont have no more time or patience to came with something new.

Was the game doomed from the start with little publicity or what? Whatever was the reason for such a good game to come down, it will be completely down in a year and a half or two years. So play it cause the end is near.

hey...you are the 356th guy who think emp will die...hehe...

here is 1 indicator for it wont die soon:

we all dont play this game for competition or skirmishgames or coz its so trendy...no, we play it, coz we like the gamestyle, we like the comunity, we like to talk and we just have fun.

gunny said something a few months ago....emp is like going in a bar and meet some friends at night...thats all....

if u look for competition, go and play something else, but dont waste this board with such boring threads wich we have read so often now

uhhhhhh... hahahaha  ;D bad boy, now you think you own the message board? I cant express myself? Who you think you are? God emperor of Dune?! hahahaha Where do you play superst'a?!? Bayern? lolol

I really like this game, its a shame to see it die. I just want to express myself, you always answer that way when you see a repeated post?! you must have lots af work!  ??? Do you get paid? lololol

gunny said something a few months ago....emp is like going in a bar and meet some friends at night...thats all....

Well...all bars eventually close...eheheheh  ;)

Maybe it's just me, but it's usually the ones that totally suck at this game, and don't understand how to play it that well that cry it's dead or dying. Other than that, the only reason to even post a thread such as this is a feeble attempt at attention. Maybe if you learned how to play the game and become good at it, as well as enjoying the other players basic comradery, you might like it alot more.

Well Xano, I think your wrong as well, and not all that well thought out either. Do you play online?

Many of you dont like to think this game will be dead (D-E-A-D) in a short time but the truth is it will. I think these are good indicators of the end...

First, the online community is much smaller, only the old players play and though there are a few new ones, they just stick around for a couple of months... so there are only the same ones that also post in here. You almost post more than you play! Even those grow up and find very little time to play here and walk away.

Have you looked at Ra's server webpage? when I started, (around april of 04) there was about 12 regular players. The only one of those that seems to have completly dissapeared is Appolyon. If you look at Ra's page you will see that there are 124 of us now. Is that a lot by online gaming standards? NO. But is that the most since I have joined this website? Yes, by far. Now what's the reason for that? Well several things.

First we recognise the importance  of this website in the community. And many of us have put our money where our mouths are to see that Dune2k stays alive.

Second , the work Ra1024 has single handedly done to improve the online game. And there are those of us who would be willing to help fund his "R&D" work, should he ever need it. So long as there is a SERVER there will be games. Guns has said he would be willing to put a box in his 'Puter room for that pourpose, as would I.

Third, the time and effort Guns, and Nunu, and others, took to make learning how to get online easy and accessable here in the forums. Also Ra once again with empbot.

Second, No one plays this game in single player no more because its not a recent game; the people that played, with curiosity, this game single player and then jumped to multiplayer have gone long ago.

As to your second point, perhaps some of the Elites don't play single player, because it isn't that much of a challenge, but I do. Emp is a fun way to pass the time when I am on the road. and I know many others who play single as well.

Third, there are no more clans and also players to make clan wars.

Who gives a shit about Clans?

Fourth, there isnt much competition anymore to the ladder make any sense...players dont play against each other in deathmatch under ladder rules. Even the number of games played nowadays are few each month.

Once again, who gives a shit about this? The game has evolved into something different from the typical online experience, as Guns has said and Kalony mentioned above, so why use that as one of the bases of your assesment?

Fifth, many old players think they own the online games and think they are something like God emperors (elites) and even if new ones come they must submit to their stupidity (like calling noobs...kicking them from the server...) so these will walk away without even trying the multiplayer game.

Well , wrong again, and to illustrate my point, Do you play online? If so what is your nik? Unless you can answer yes and give us your nik then your not qualified to make that assertion. Yes it's true, and well documented that Guns and some others occasionaly like to play games with there "Elite" buddies. So what? The situation that you assert simply does not exist. If you WERE to go online and ask around you would quickly find out that I am certianly not "Elite" LOL. The fact is, most would say I'm "fair" at best. Do I get kicked from games? NO. the truth is we have a really cool community here. If I stumble into a Elite game and ask to watch, so I can learn something, they will usually say no problem. Sometimes they insist that I play and just put me on the weaker team to make it a 4 vs 3 or whatever. And I couldn't list all the players who after a few games will ask ME if I would like to hang around for a little training.  Very cool indeed! And in all the time I have been playing online I have NEVER kicked anyone from one of my hosts.

Sixth, look at the downloads...if you see the fan made maps and their downloads you see that its going down from year to year... even though lately the maps kick ass, and they are the best, not crap like the first years with lots of bugs and stupid maps. Even the map makers are rare now. What does that tell you? that there arent new players that play single skirmish battles for fun instead of going multyplayer (because they dont stand a chance with elites...) so if these dont have curiosity in playing new maps who do you expect to came and play? aliens?! lol

When was the last time YOU tried to download a map, I have them ALL. As to the downloads lately, you are right, the maps are very good but the downloads are broken, I haven't been able to download maps for quite a while.

Seventh, even the old players that made mods dont have no more time or patience to came with something new.

Probably true, but who cares? The game has evolved, as I have said above. All a mod means to me is an "out of sync" message when I would try to play online.

Was the game doomed from the start with little publicity or what? Whatever was the reason for such a good game to come down, it will be completely down in a year and a half or two years. So play it cause the end is near.

Once again, Look to my comment above about the server. Like Scar first said long ago, IF I ONLY HAD A NICKLE .............

Ohh, and Xano, just like you, Kalony has the right to express himself, even if his opinion is that you are full of crap.

You must have studied very much to notice that emperor is dying and will be dead soon.

But the question is... who cares when the game is dead?

If the game is dead you don't play anymore, otherwise it would be alive if you played.

And if you don't play the game anymore, you don't give a shit if it is dead or alive...

Probably true, but who cares? The game has evolved, as I have said above. All a mod means to me is an "out of sync" message when I would try to play online.

The only point where I disagree with you. If all players in an online game have the mod then there is no problem. I 've suggested in other threads that mods could be used to increase the fun. And now with ra's server it should be easier than ever, since I think he could force the download when someone joins the server like wol & patching (no need to bother about telling people to get it). Problem is everyone seems happy with the game as it is and wouldn't like to change anything (I still don't get this, is it possible that people are satisfied with absolutely everyhing? O well).

Just clarified that a bit, mod does not mean out of sync.

Well, yeah Spectral, I did realise that, about the out of sync. If Ra could do what you suggest, that would be cool, just so long as it would re-set the next time you play a "Regular" game. Although, come to think of it, I can just imagine what it would be like for me to see the screen with a whole bunch of new units to deal with, LOL. My brains would probably melt and run out of my ears trying to stay alive while I figure out whats what. You good gamers would probably have no trouble, lol.

Well, yeah Spectral, I did realise that, about the out of sync. If Ra could do what you suggest, that would be cool, just so long as it would re-set the next time you play a "Regular" game. Although, come to think of it, I can just imagine what it would be like for me to see the screen with a whole bunch of new units to deal with, LOL. My brains would probably melt and run out of my ears trying to stay alive while I figure out whats what. You good gamers would probably have no trouble, lol.

hehehe thats some funny shit

Well a mod doesn't have to be about new units, there are many other interesting possibilites. But anyway, I think I 'm going off topic.

They just dont want to admit it..thats all..Its like a guy owns a Ford and he says FORD is the best ...He forgot to mention the Lambos Porches and such...

I'm aware of other games, I play many other games, but Emp. always gives the best all around good competitive games that I like. And if it's so dead then why can I jump online most anytime of the day or night now and have hours of good games? Not smashing noobs to oblivion, but really good competitive, long games with really good players. Of my slew of games I have on my shelf here, both new and old this is the only one that never gets boring...and I would gladly give up any others I have to keep this one. I think the only thing dead here is maybe that you can't progress any further in this game to really give a good player a competitive workout. When you can actually do that you will understand what I mean. It's not a put-down, it's just the truth. Put it this way, if you can't win against someone say medeocre, then yea the game would be boring for the mostpart just getting beat all the time. But saying the game is dead because your mad due not being able to win alot of games with players that are left here playing is silly. If it's that dead of a game well, Move along please, i'll get over it.

Yes, the online community is smaller then it was when the game was more popular

Yeah! I knew I would create mayhem with my statements  :D

Mission acomplished!

You are fanactics!!! lololol  ;D

Like someone said...I must really suck on multiplayer to be so frustrated and write this post  :)

Say this and the world makes sense again!!! lol

Ok, then I must admit I miss some data about the game here but...I only gave my point of view. Seems like I just touched an itchy issue with my words...eheheh

I saw posts similar to this one but all were vague so I started a new one and added all elements to make my statement. Thats all! Dont kill me  ;)

anyone know how many emperors dead threads theres been? and the date range? sounds like a job for super NUNN.  ;)

Emperor is still one of the very few games i play online but then again i don't get online gaming time very often these day. ;)

this game will never die point blank, ive played it for four years now and i still come back, so anyone who thinks it will die, just go back under your rock and leave us alone, this is not for competetion gaming, this is for friends all over the world to get together and have some fun enough said,

this game will never die point blank, ive played it for four years now and i still come back, so anyone who thinks it will die, just go back under your rock and leave us alone, this is not for competetion gaming, this is for friends all over the world to get together and have some fun enough said,

do you come back as  mordus  or you are using a desguise  lol. some here  think they know what ure new nick is