Nema Fakei and all english language freaks: A question for you!

lowzeewee

On MSN messenger, Spectral Paladin and I were having a conversation and we ended up debating whether this sentence below is correct or not based on the syntax, which in this case is "aware".

"I am not aware of the answer to your question". I had asked him a question on internet ports and he did not know the answer to it, so he posted the above message. So.........IS IT CORRECT?

Personally I think it is incorrect.

Should be

"I ain't bleedin aware of the answer to your friggin question matey"

or for all you txters

"I ant bldn ware o da answr 2 ur frgn q mate"

Apollyon or whatever, now you're cleary speaking against yourself. When Lowzeewee asked if it is correct to use-this-and-this statement, he clearly meant written English. You asked us to define "correct", and that's a sign of IAPP.  :-X

I thought that was completed a month or two back ? Hmmm, I am getting confused.

Seriously, I would have expected this thread to trigger Nema's sensors, and have it come here and start using its big words...

Could this mean I can start saying "shure" and not expect ret...retr..any comback ?  :P

Syntactically, the sentence is correct, with the exception of a full stop. Pragmatically speaking, it breaks none of Grice's maxims. Although the word 'aware' is perhaps not ideal, semantically, it suffices well enough, though the sentence is clumsy.

As to my absence, I have been performing my annual diagnostics and intend to be fully operational in a few weeks. Apologies for the inconvenience; normal service will be restored as soon as feasible.