GMail sharing thread

DasHogg

Is there a "timeout" like on Hotmail where you need to access your account regularly within 30 days or it is locked ?

As far as I know there is no timeout.

It's much better than hotmail. Less crap and I find it easier to use and it seems faster. :)

got mine last april, sent 49 invites, and promptly forgot about it. checked it last month, had 50 again. since then, its been going back to 50 every week. is it a bug or something, or is the same happening to you fellas?

heard gmail's going public this april (though not from a very reliable source)

1. Make 50 hotmail accouts, send them invites, then get 50 gmail accounts....no, thats wrong, then you would have moreinvites then you started with...

2. Make a thread on a board you visit and hand them out free...no, been done before...

You could go with option 1 and close the accounts when you finished, I guess you wouldnt get the invites back  ;)

Gmail is now offering over 2 gb of space and counting (www.gmail.com) for free.

Storage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs. From Gmail, you can expect more.

Hotmail plus offers 2 gb, although you have to pay $30/year for it.

Gonna have to convert my friend who has hotmail and has not gotten the 250mb space yet. Stupid hotmial.

First it was the search engine wars, now the email wars. I love competition. :)