Iran

How is Canada evil? (signature) If the explanation is long maybe a new thread.

the "kids in the hall show", canadian bacon, terence and philip, colored money (other than green), the use of "eh?", being landlocked to U.S. without paying tribute and the existence of the hyphenated word "french-canadian"

I disagree with everything except terrance and philip.

We were discussing how poor Quebec is in a class last night (one of my group members is from Quebec). They can not afford to clear the sidewalks from snow. PEI has gotten lots of snow lately and people are complaining about it not getting cleaned fast enough. But it has to do with unions and employees/capital.

And get voted in for a second term, I don't think so...

Do you have to be smart in order for people to vote for you?

Don't be so naive, they've got the capability, and many leading Iranian goverment officials have mentioned it.

Sweden has also the power to develop nuclear weapons, if we wanted to. They've mentioned that they are going to use it in peaceful purposes, that they can develop missiles and so on. I'm not saying that every country that had nuclear programs have peace in mind, but to assume that everybody that "we don't like" is developing weapons, simply because of that, isn't proof enough for me to go into war.

I have a lot of respect for Israel, and just think of what's in it as well.

Well, as I said, Israel has far more and better weapons to withstand Palestine, they defeated six nations a while back, and so on. Besides this they have one of the best security agencies worldwide. I don't think Iran poses any bigger threat to them, really.

The Israeli's got nukes as a last resort, only to be used if their whole country was overrun by enemy forces.

Yes, but they don't "just" have nuclear weapons. They have a big army too, and as I said, one of the best security and intelligence agencies.

Do you know what kind of people run the Iranian military?

I do indeed. But who is pushing them? What was the reason North Korea started to get hostile and all?

We were discussing how poor Quebec is in a class last night (one of my group members is from Quebec). They can not afford to clear the sidewalks from snow. PEI has gotten lots of snow lately and people are complaining about it not getting cleaned fast enough. But it has to do with unions and employees/capital.

That's not about poverty, but laziness  ;D

That's not about poverty, but laziness ;D

Actually it is about Quebec being so poor. :)

Not laziness. I remember driving through Montreal and seeing bags full of garbage along th esides of the road. Must have been cleaning it up. Which is normal for any province.

Quebec is poor? ???

Do you have an idea of the price of clearing all sidewalks from snow instead of having the population puting the snow in the street and on the property? I don't, but with the number of these added sidewalk snow-clearing little machines it demands for an entire city, I would not be surprised if it would justify puting the money elsewhere except for main areas.

EDIT: And this thread is about... Iran? The costs of taking all the sand out of the way is even worst :)

All bush and his crappy party just want money nothing else just money a lot like the harkonne they know nothing of humanity just profit, greed and power

Well, of course. They basically invented it...

Nah, Harkonnens are the USSR, it's pretty obvious.

If you remember the Butlerian Jihad, the Harkonnens were once like the Atreides.

it would be chaos to invade iran. Iran has an army strong enough to take on americas and it has recovered from the iran-iraq war.

As I've said before, if Iraq is a problem, what would a country with three times the population of Iraq be (i.e. Iran)?

errr, the iranian army is nothing to fool with, but then again any army isnt. They are not as strong as you like to portray them universal. They have a lackluster army at best, and they depend largely on old russian technology. All the american arms and weaponry has fallen out of disrepair and their army isnt the largest. In fact Iraq had a larger army and tank force than Iran for a long time.

Dont get me wrong, I think that Iran is probably one of the most subtle and sophisticated of all the middle eastern governments, and their army is nothing to trifle with, and I dont mean to downplay them.

exactly leo. The army of Iraq was at a time actually extremely powerful, and it was a stalemate.

I dont know that much about the war though, so I speak from a point of ignorance, but I have to ask a question. Is it true that the war had religious overtones as well? Like the iranians wanted to institute a government in iraq that was not as secular. Is this true?  Also, could somebody give me an overview of what the war was all about? it would be a big help. :)

Iraq had a powerful army even when the US attacked. The US army simply has too much a big advantage and it ran a brilliant war campaign (Well, until they got to Bagdhad, from there they are not doing such a good job) that left the Iraqi army incapable of fighting.

-Shiroko

To have a large army is one thing, another is organization, logistics, state of equipment, psychological situation etc., Iraq already fought a war with them and had no foreign support for their army in ten years since them. In hi-tech warfare, upkeep of modern equipment is a main thing, all countries which can afford it, better have smaller, but technologically as modern as possible armies. This applies to all areas: infantry, armored units, aircraft, navy, intelligence. Iraqi army was obsolete already in 1991, now it was even worse...