what hardware are you going to buy in 2005...?

veK

Pricewatch, or Newegg for starters.

...are both about $100-$200 more.  And I don't use retailer tech support anyways.  Remember, to me: Value for money>fluff features, and "customer support" is the biggest fluff feature ever.  (Perhaps next to 1394 ports.  WTF are 1394 ports for?)

WTF are 1394 ports for?

That for:

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IEEE_1394.html

actually they aren't used very often but they are extremely good. I use one firewire port for an external harddrive in a icybox case. it's connected to the notebook via usb2.0 and to my gaming pc via firewire. transfer rates are so much higher than with usb 2.0... it's a pity not more devices were developped for firewire instead of the usb standard...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

btw: my new hardware for 2005 is complete now (I hope so... still 6 months to go)

yesterday my docking station for the notebook arrived. and the 200gb hdd came, too

so I could finally use the icy box (for external hdd) - maybe I'll have to get another 200gb hdd soon as the one that arrived yesterday already is filled with 120gb  ;D

here's an up to date picture: www.planetvek.de/pics/pc/desktop.jpg

the blue thning is the bix for the 200gb hdd... looks really cool  :)

Odd, it doesn't say the response time for that monitor. (eg. 25ms)

it should be written by the detailed informations...

it has 16ms response time - was a very very good value by the time this monitor came out on the market. nowadays you also have got 12ms and 8ms... but 16ms is enough for even playing very fast games like quake3:cpma oder painkiller.

it's a really great monitor... every corner has the same brightness (on my notebook the tft is just crap: it's much brighter in the lower quarter and it also depends on which angle you are looking on it) - at the dell monitor I can look from which angle I want and always have a good picture.

2 friends of mine got this one too...

nice setup.. and the computer desk is a nice design too... nice clean look.

I work there, too most of the time... sometimes I also work at my main client's office but 90% at home so i t has to be cleaned up :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought

asus sli delux

AMD 64 3000 

1 gig of memory

a sli ready 256mb 6800 GPU

a decent case

windows xp pro 64x

winows xp home

2 80gb sata hard drives

1 40gb ide hard drive

Adobe Photo shop

a DVD writer

and I think I am forgeting something...... 

My parents gave me a $1300 limit, and if I remember right, all of that cost about $1200.  I was going to get a amd 3200 but they were out of them so I went down to a 3000 so that I wouldn't exceed my limit.  I will buy a secong GPU with my own money, and in a few months I will upgrade the cup to a dual core cpu. 

I will buy a network adapter, internet security, and E:BfD all for under $100 today or tommorw. 

What do you think?