what hardware are you going to buy in 2005...?

veK

I found an even better computer for my parents: My Gateway. :P

After I sell it to them (for about $1100 - not a bad price, really), I hope to be getting this:

Dell Inspiron 9300 -

Sonoma/Alviso Pentium-M 750 (1.86GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)

2GB Dual-Channel DDR533 RAM (buying aftermarket - Dell's RAM is a rip off)

100GB 5400RPM Hard drive

GeForce Go6800 256MB PCI-E 16x (I'll be overclocking this to Ultra levels, of course)

17" WSXGA+ TFT Ultrabright Glossy LCD

Glorious... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I might be getting a wad of cash to upgrade my comp before I go to Uni as I won't be getting a laptop.

This is what I've got planned:

AMD (Venice) Athlon 64 3500+ 939pin 512Kb L2 Cache 90nm Retail Boxed Processor With 3 Year Warranty and Fan Included. 88107

I might be getting a wad of cash to upgrade my comp before I go to Uni as I won't be getting a laptop.

I would recommend people going to my university and taking Business Administration to get a laptop by the start of 3rd year university. It makes life so much easier. A definite must if the person was traveling to school. I was in a group of 6 for one class and we had to borrow a laptop several times in order to do group projects.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice stuff nya...

but I would go for some decent ocz ram instead of corsair. corsair is very good, but ocz is often a little faster. the good ocz ram wins most of the tests and is excellent for overclocking. you can also raise the voltage and up to a given level above the normal voltage and still keep ocz lifetime guarantee - with very good rma services...

I was very happy with my ocz too and would never buy anything else again.

go check out a good kit @ www.ocztechnology.com

nice stuff nya...

but I would go for some decent ocz ram instead of corsair. corsair is very good, but ocz is often a little faster. the good ocz ram wins most of the tests and is excellent for overclocking. you can also raise the voltage and up to a given level above the normal voltage and still keep ocz lifetime guarantee - with very good rma services...

I was very happy with my ocz too and would never buy anything else again.

go check out a good kit @ www.ocztechnology.com

True, but this type of Corsair has been tested recently on Tomshradware and was tested as a good overclocking memory, hence why I choose it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

maybe I'll switch notebooks soon. dunno yet but might be possible.

just bought a new headset, a new mobile phone with a new contract including a 3g umts flatrate and it seems like I'll be getting a new keyboard...

• 3 weeks later...

so... when I'm back home later, I'm gonna pick up my new keyboard at the neighbour.

yesterday I also ordered the new sony vaio tx1xp subnotebook... very stylish. I'll make some photos and put them onto my page as soon as everything is set up and I have some time (very busy till mid of december)...

here you go, some nice pictures and a good review. this notebook kicks ass:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?head=36&page=4430

• 3 weeks later...

you know what is funny?

by the time I started this thread I had some plans for new hardware. now it's november and I almost spend triple the money I once planned ang changed my hardware so much...

now I got my brandnew business notebook. this is the most sexiest thing I have ever seen (women not included in the the term "thing"  ;) )

tomorrow I'll make some photos and put them online