Ukraine Revolution

Davidu

I would just like to know who has control of the armed forces, If the current presedent so desired he could remove the Russian presence with ease due to the strength of the Ukrainian armed forces, they number in the upwards of 500,000 according to my research. such a force could hold out against the russians at least until some symphethetic countries sent some assistance.

That IS if worse came to worse. 

Well, I saw on the tele that they might decide to restart the allections...But I don't think taht Russia has something to say...We, Romania shoud declare war 'cause of the Bistroe Channel.<>Anyway, it's sad that the Reds are still trying to win :O

Uh, who are the "Reds"? Yushchenko's political colour is orange, and Yanukovych's colour is blue. As for Putin, call him the White Tsar. ;)

...Any way I think that there's a true reason for this mix...My opinion is OIL!

I know it sounds weird but i think it's oil. The Ukranian Gov. wants to shut down the pipes. And my guess is that the Americans will try to do something about it...Sou overall it's capitalism that's killing us not the Reds or Ex-Reds. ???

Us? Where are you from anyway, cause I doubt you're from Antarctica like your profile says...at least that would be extremely strange.

If Russia wanted to take over Ukraine militarily it could easily do so, but the point is, the best way to take over a country is through what was mentioned before as a puppet government. Then you can just control the country as a colony, stripping it of its resources while not worrying about providing for its citizens.

I talked with a guy from my collage the other day, he's a romanian from Ukariane, and he said that the tanks have been seen in Kiev. I haven't heard anything else on TV, lately, apart from the thing that there will be new elections.