Why does europe love soccer so darn much?

TMA_1

Unless you are of African breed,you outh to know that they can seem a lot older than they are as white people does too 8).Look at Wayne Roonie,does he looks like an 18 I think? He looks as he did when he was 14 and 16 years old ! ::)Of course there can be some false papers but I don`t think so and it does`nt really matter anyway! Does it?

Cybo

Wayne Rooney looks 18. Yes, it is important, he is overaged and has an advantage in those youth competitions but since now he is competiting in the MLS as a full professional at...errm...14 and he can't stand a change. Like Arsene Wenger said, if he is 14, his skills are remarkable, but if he is older and plays like this, he is just a player of average abilities. Maybe that's why he bluffed about his age.

Hehe of course wayne looks 18 but he did it 2-3 years ago too  ::)

And this american if hes 18 he still plays with the U19 team,up to 19 year old lads right?

So the only way to prove his talent is to come to a club in any top leauge,and show the mercandise,right ?  8)

Cybo

Hehe of course wayne looks 18 but he did it 2-3 years ago too  ::)

And this american if hes 18 he still plays with the U19 team,up to 19 year old lads right?

So the only way to prove his talent is to come to a club in any top leauge,and show the mercandise,right ?  8)

Cybo

Wait, he is...errm..."15" now. :D

Well, but age compared with skill is important.

Ahh the ultimate question of the Americans.

But, yes, it's fanatically popular everywhere, not just Europe. And I honestly doubt you would be able to be told why it's loved so much without going to an important game - if you had a good national team ad a good legue then america would love it too I bet.

we do have a good national team.... if im not mistaken they did really well in the last world cup? (at least i think it was the last) 2 years ago about this month...

but nobody in the US even knew we had a team... i didn't know... I only found out we were in the world cup because i was visiting Europe that summer.

Still, I dont quite see the resemblance between our "football" ,probably the most liked in the country compared to basketball and baseball, and your football. We dont exactly have a song to chant... the most we have is the wave, which is usually just started by a bunch of drunk college kids that are bored because the team sucks and wont get any touchdowns...(at least this is what happens in my home town where we dont have a proffesional league) sure in the professional leagues there are the occasional "cheese heads" but they that support isnt even close to the support of teams in soccer (football) i'm watching a soccer game right now (germany vs. netherlands) nobody in america would ever be able to get everyone on one fan side to wear orange and bring wissles and blowhorns and all that jazz... and nobody could get our fans to do like the german side and have a chant for everything (olay everytime they make a completed pass, and that viking thing? is that what it is?)

that and i cant ever remember any riots at major sporting attractions in our country other than maybe a stadium's last game and everyone rushes to the field to grab a piece of it for whatever reason.

we do have a good national team.... if im not mistaken they did really well in the last world cup? (at least i think it was the last) 2 years ago about this month...

No, they did comparatively well for an unknown side.

Hehe

Well just cos you didn't know about them doesn't mean all America didn't. :P

And remember, they're performance relied a lot on the group they were in, which happened to be a very inexperienced group, if I remember rightly.

Still, I'm not disputing that they did admirably for such new-comers.

no it was all of america... well at least probably around 85% of it... i didnt see a single thing on the news about it, the most about it was probably a little 2 minute insert where the news caster said:

"in other news, apparently the US is (insert place value here) in the world cup... *whisper to co-host* did you know we had a soccer team?... on a more important matter firefighters rescued fido from the well this afternoon..."

America has an easy qualifying group.  The only team who are decent in that area are Mexico, incidently I have no idea how USA beat them in the world cup and i doubt that will happen again.  Canada, Costa and Jamaica are all half decent and the other sides...don't deserve a mention.