FED2K chess tournament[ Players pls check!]

lowzeewee

OK So we got 9 people now, format will be like this with 9 people->3 groups of 3 people and champion of each group plays the other champions and the one who wins both games[that means the other 2 can't win both as they lost at least once] is champion

1-Lowzeewee

2-Dust Scout

3-EWS

4-Acriku

5-Nema Fakei

6-Dunenewt

7-Rookie

8-Sardaukar Elite

9-Khan

10-Cyborg

OK round robin once to reduce the number to 5 and then we'll just have a mini-league between the 5 and the best person wins or do you guys want ladder?

1-Lowzeewee

2-Dust Scout

3-EWS

4-Acriku

5-Nema Fakei

6-Dunenewt

7-Rookie

8-Sardaukar Elite

9-Khan

10-Cyborg

11-Dust Scout

12-Caid Ivik

13-Sentinel

14-Gunwounds

15-ExSPlug

16-?

Do you guys want elimination rounds or ladder? If its ladder, I need someone to help me organize it...

@Everyone: It appeared that I repeated Dust Scout twice so there are 15 people now but I guess I'll just start. ::)

@S. Paladin: Alright, you take the final spot. :)

Registration for Cup officially ended now. You can still register for the league[you can call it ladder] though.

Yeah ok you guys can use MSN's chess too.

I guess we can have both a league and "cup" but I guess I'll start with the FED2K Chess Challenge Cup first. 3 people in a group, and you know what do do...best person proceeds. Just play each other once.

I'm interested in playing, but really if we could get some program, or something, that would obviate the need to list the moves.

And since registration ended, I'd have to wait my turn for the next go-around, I suppose.

if its not gonna be real-time chess then i withdraw....

whats the point of playing chess when your opponent has several days to think about his move and maybe even ask friends and relatives about his next move.

totally absurd.

@Gunwounds and everyone: It's online and real-time. You guys decide which ONLINE REAL-TIME GAMESITE you wanna use, MSN or www.aapeli.com/pelit/shakki or whatever and then play on it. On the latter, if you wanna use it, you can PM me about it. IT IS NOT LISTING MOVES. ::)

@Nema, Wolfwiz: If you got no time for it, I guess Wolfwiz can take your place then...

@Bryorama: At first I didn't know you were Bryorama and after PM-ing you, I thought I sent the PM to the wrong person, lol. I cut a sheet of paper into 16 equal size pieces and wrote you guys' names on it, crushed them up and then placed them all in a box and I shake them each time before I draw the lots all the way till I got to the 12th name, then the remaining 3 had to play each other.

A good suggestion from Spectral Paladin->"perhaps the best 3 runner-up could qualify for the next round so that there will be 8 and knock-out quarter finals can be played"

I have decided to be more flexible. You can have a best-of-[insert odd number] round to decide the winner too or a first-to-[insert number]-wins round as well.

Spectral Paladin and I agreed on a first-to-2-wins game and he won it by getting 2 wins straight from the start. So I have lost 1 and he won 1. We both have to play Bryorama[sentinel] next.

Well, the problem is that I'm not sure I have the time, either, and I'd hate to take the place of another intersted player. I think I'd have to wait a little before seeing what I can and cannot participate in.