Which Dune novel did you like the best?

chanilewalia

(laughs)Worm on the front.Are those underroos left over from the 80's. Yeah there is a comic book version of the Lynch movie from 85. It's three parts a guy I know showed it to me the other day I had never knew it was around until then. He has kept it excellant condition just thought i would mention it to you guys.

ok back on humans still being alive. They probably would have still lived. As for Leto II thinking they would become exstinct maybe so. I can envision a war between the Guild, Ix, Tlielaxu, and Bene Gesserit. Can't you?

Yes but if the Guild lost, somehow, there would be NO stellar travel AT ALL! That would suck for everyone, seeing as many houses have to travel to different planets. Also the Tleilaxu would just regenerate their army so pretty much they have a big advantage. Also since their big project on whether regenerated flesh (like Duncan) could remember things from his original body was a success, they could create a huge army of anyone who would fight for the Tleilaxu. Just some thoughts :)

• 1 month later...

I've read most of the novels (just started Chapterhouse) and I have to say that my favourite is Heretics of Dune. I mean I really like the Tleilaxu and their more explained in this book, plus the transformation of Miles Teg (pity he had to die though  :'( although he's reborn as a Ghola, YAY!  :)) I also really enjoyed the rest of them, in fact I don't think any came across as bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The best one in my oppinion is God, Emperoro of Dune. The omnipresence of Leto II begins in the fist part of the saga. And the effects of His Golden path are still their in Chapterhouse. It is my oppinion that without his vision, influance, ie. his Golden Path none of the events in the other books would have been real. ( so to speek ).

And about the two new books; they are nice, a good source of background information and real nice to read, not the real work however. But still good works. I am waiting for house Corrino !

God Emperor paves the way for the next two books really.  Like gryphon said the golden path is still mentioned later on and we find out events that happened directly after his death in Heretics and Chapterhouse.  I like Chapterhouse because it is an inside look at the Bene Gesserit and  Tleilaxu.  Anyhow if this tells you how much I love Chapterhouse; I'm writing a fanfic set directly after what the Sisterhood has dubbed "The Sheeana Incident."

I was wondering, what do you think of the new books House Atreides and House Horkonnen ? Are they of the same grandure and scoop as the origional 6 or are they somehow different. Not nessecairy less that the first 6, but still ...... different. It is my opionnion that the story itself unfaulds to fast. Events are following eatchother to quickly and a little bit more details could have been used in the two story's. Don't get me wrong, I don't say that the are bad ore that the writing is crap, no not at all. But just as I mentioned before, that they are somehow different.

• 1 month later...

The Best novel in my opinion is DUNE ;D. But I still haven't read Dune Messiah, and I'm still only halway thrugh Chapterhouse: Dune. It's the hardest of them all. But three new ones aren't  so bad either. Hell if one wright Dune on a book I would buy and no matter how bad it was, I guess I would like it's Dune damn it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well personal i dont like the prequls as much as the the originals. Personly i like god emperor. My fav part is when he goes crazy and atacks all the face dancers. personaly i would have just tossed a water ballon at him  :P. BTW i am still reading chapter house. good only on page 45. still need to read haratics.