Lol blackhawk down.

"18 Americans were brutally murdered"

"1 thousand somalies lost their lives"

Good old spin.

Haha;

"18 Americans were brutally murdered

one thousand somalies GOT WASTED BABY, YEAH! GO MARINES!"

lol.

Anyway I really want all (or at least most of) those films but theres no way I can afford it all lol. I'm definatly getting Platoon, Das Boot, A Bridge too far, ummm... *checks list* Dr strangelove (lol), Apocolypse now, Full Metal Jacket (seen but hav'nt got) and We were soldiers (is that some kind of documentary)

The rest I've mostly seen, or at least have a bit of, If not then ive never heard of it but I'll probly read some blurb about it or somthing. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The Hunt For Red October - especially the end, very well.

Yes, it is a great one

U-571 and Red October seemed like sub-movie parodies, weren't they?

Why? Do you mean that the Cold War was not a war. It was a special one, that's right, but soldiers died in mission (in the both sides).

Platoon is a good one.

Apocalypse Now is quite good but there are too long moment.

T-Day is a legend one. (I'm not sure about the original title, the french translation is "le jour le plus long").

From the american sub-movies was perfect recently made K-19. But Red October? Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan had better sub-atmosphere... Quality of war movie isn't measured by how many soldiers die on both missions, then average soviet BVV movie would be better. At least in my view. Fact it was in a cold war only helps it - submarine is the best war machine for such ones. Pity that creators couldn't use merit their capital. Fact that Connery played the captain can't save it.

Never bothered to seee U-571, because I read somewhere that it says that the Americans cracked the enigma code while in fact it was the English. I don't mind producers affording themselves some liberty, but that's way out of line.

And Red October was a good movie.

"Good thing it was a fictional story.... "

That's the thing, it wasn't. What happened in the film happened in life, except that America was not involved. The film is very disrespectful of the people who gave their lives to get hold of and crack the enigma code.

"Good thing it was a fictional story.... "

That's the thing, it wasn't. What happened in the film happened in life, except that America was not involved. The film is very disrespectful of the people who gave their lives to get hold of and crack the enigma code.

Because they altered it, that makes it fictional...Historical Fiction if you want to get technical. They put Americans in so it was not real. Americans did not make a fake sub and go steal another and get the code and such....all fiction....it was based off a real thing but not exactally.