Underrated games

Procyon

Vampire: The Masquerade, Redemption

Hitman Code Name 47, it really didnt hit off that well.

4d Boxing! lol

Darklands, probably the greatest PC rts. If you guys knew it, you would udnerstand how truly amazing it is.

Also there was this one freelance type game where you are sort of a merc working on various missions in space. It is extremely expansive and you can travel from planet to planets, many of them. Vanguard showed it to me and I loved it.

There are many others, I cant think of em all, its early over here.lol I will post more later.

Zork is still extremely popular (it is a cult classic, after all), but it runs in it's own circles.  It's held out quite well, considering it's been around since the late seventies.

TMA:  The "freelancegame space trading sim" was called Frontier:  Elite 2, and it's one of my favourites, too.  Oldie fans will recognize it as the first of two full-fledged sequels to Elite, another cult classic, and one of the most sophisticated games of it's time.  Frontier is my favourite of the series.

I think another very underrated game was Imperium Galactica. It had many flaws, especially when compared to Master of Orion II, which it had competed. However, we must say it was the best Hungary had produced since deer wurst... Also I must mention Blood II. I really don't see a reason why so many preferred Unreal before it.

Blood 2?  Really?  it had some sweet weapons, but the levels were for shite.  Especially the levels you reviseited four or five times (i.e. the subway).

Unreal was an amazing game.  The level design was spectacular, the weapons and enemies were interesting, and the music was eerie and atmospheric (it's some of the best game music I've ever heard).  The undertones of the environment - hints of Nali opression, and so on -  was really neat.

Is based on sci-fi or fantasy? Can you send me a page of that game?

Yes Darklands was a very good game that could never end.

1/2 decent graphics and sound, great story (if any) and very good character buildup. The cities are lots of fun to explore. (and there are dozens.)

The main website for it went down a while ago, thus nowhere to download it that I know of. But I got it on CD somewhere. (It is freeware.)

http://www.darklands.net/

http://www.ultimatedarklands.com/index.php

As you guys well know who know about darklands, the site to purchace the game is down, and it has been out so long as to be practically non existant, is there a place to download it? I am not a pirater of any sort, but I really want this game back, as well as other old favorites.

Also I have a question for you about Frontier Elite II, Ill IM you about it.

As for Darklands, I thought you could download it from the site that is now down when it was up, not buying it. I recently got the game again and am intruiged by all the different things you can do in the game. If only someone would make a game that has a mix of BAK and Darklands.

The ultimatedarklands.com site is shutting down Friday, March 26, 2004. I hope someone hosts the file again soon!

I love the art for it, I got the art viewer for it. :P

"Lords of the Realm"

Oldest game ever. It was great. Manage a whole bunch of things. Then when you go to battle over territories, you get to fight with the army you produces. Online looked nice also. But I was like 8 years old when I played it. (I'm 12 now.)

Blood 2?  Really?  it had some sweet weapons, but the levels were for shite.  Especially the levels you reviseited four or five times (i.e. the subway).

Unreal was an amazing game.  The level design was spectacular, the weapons and enemies were interesting, and the music was eerie and atmospheric (it's some of the best game music I've ever heard).  The undertones of the environment - hints of Nali opression, and so on -  was really neat.

Blood is a game to play not for esthetical feelings, you know. Unless you are very weird one... Very likely game was Requiem. Angel with rocket launcher, I'm sure you all know it. But who played it?

However I think it had much better atmosphere and playability than Unreal. Altough that's true about Unreal, it had very good level designers. Especially its datadisc. These made UT, of course. However, I don't know whether it is good to have such beautiful levels. In Hall of Giants you are astouned by the grace of map and you can't concentrate on aiming  ;D

• 1 month later...

• [+]Abuse
    [+]Battlezone (to my knowledge, the first RTS/FPS hybrid}
    [+]Syndicate Wars
    [+]Total Annihilation
    [+]Marathon series (Marathon, Marathon 2: Durandal, and Marathon Infinity)
    [+]Ground Control
    [+]Terranova: Strike Force Centauri (imagine Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon gone sci-fi... this, though, came out before either of those!)

oh goodness, one of the most underrated games out there that I totally forgot about was Nomad. It is considered by many people and websites as a huge underated game too, go to underdogs they totally agree.

My goodness for its time, it is so expansive, and the fully three dimensional graphics which are beautifully done for their time are amazing. The whole freelancing style of it is perfect because it isnt too complicated at all, but not so simple as to be silly, and the story is great too. It is great because there is so much to be      done and so much exploration, which is rare in games these days.