Poll: Thoughts on the Dune Novels

Gobalopper

Which series of Dune novels is your favourite?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which series of Dune novels is your favourite?

• Classic Dune novels
    • Prelude to Dune Trilogy (Atreides, Harkonnen, Corrino)
    • Legends of Dune Trilogy (Butlerian Jihad, Machine Crusade, Battle of Corrin)
    • Dune Encyclopedia
    • I've never read any of them...

Oh sure blame me, it is really Mahdi's fault. :)

[20:09] Gobalopper: maybe a poll on peoples thoughts on the prequel novels?

[20:10] Mahdi: or maybe which they prefer: The House Trilogy, The Legends of Dune trilogy, the originals, or the DE?

Pff, like we haven't already had a dozen polls on the new prequel novels.

Don't go blaming it all on me now, I said I didn't have any idea for a poll, and was just altering the one you put foreward, so that it wasn't just the same one we've had a hundred times already.

You HAVE to respect the original dune novels. but I say the prelude series 2nd, they were realy well written. Never read the encyclopedia, want it badly even though it's officially obsolete. I hated the butlerin jihad, it was a long hard slog to get through that one and it was predictable. But the machine crusade is really amazing... chock full o' action and plot.

As for the new books being fan fiction, while brian herbert took some liberties with it, there still based on frank herberts own personal notes.

No, that is a mis-understanding. His books weren't based on the notes of Frank Herbert.

Frank Herbert had made 1300 pages of notes for Dune 7, and it was rumored that Brian Herbert would use them for his Dune 7, but later in an interview we found out that he would only use those notes to "color" his own book...

Yes, maybe the poll could have been split up. The first three novels and the last three. There are more people who think that the second half is better then the first then that there are people who think the Preludes are better then the original books