Quiting Smoking....

exatreide

Hey, I decided to quit smoking, I have been going cold turkey for about two days...but its hard...I want a smoke sooooooooo bad but I havnt yet.

I was wondering what your guys methods of quiting smoking are?

I mean im quiting Tobacco btw.

Not asking for a lecture....I know its bad thats why im quiting smoking tobacco.

Shove your mouth full of pens, straws and other chewables.

I've had many friends say they were going cold turkey, but now I never believe them as they have said that for a couple years now, and usually only lasts a week at the most.

My method to quit smoking, is to just plain quit, as it is pointless unless you want to make conversation with another smoker that is smoking. (but that is why you try to shun your smoking friends when they are smoking. ;) ) And now that all public places on PEI are smoke free, people have to smoke outside the bars, 15 feet or so, (which is in the middle of the street ;D) Much cleaner air than before, so I'm told, and your clothes won't stink like smoke in the morning.

Gob.....thats just sick.... :)

But Ex, I havent ever smoked anything and am not planning on ever smoking so I would not know from first hand experence......But..

Just be strong, Everytime you have an urge to have a smoke go and have a snack.....

Also maybe try those patches and gum's, perhaps they might work.....

Just work through it, you will be fine....

January the 1st the European government allmost makes me stop cold-turkey. No more smoking in the trains and no more smoking at work. This means no cigarette for 12 hours a day :O. The horror.

I've been smoking for 9 years now and had 3 stop attempts. The only thing I'm sure of: You have to want it. Stopping for your girlfriend, because your low on money or because you can't smoke anymore is not the way. If the situation changes you can go back to your old situation.

Oh and another thing: Your physical addiction is gone in 2 weeks, after that your body doesn't need nicotine anymore. The mental addiction, now thats another thing..

hah i never smoked... and i'm not planning to do that. Advice? I have no idea, but yeah hold on as if it is your last chance to save your life.

My mother smokes too, and she tried to stop too. Didn't work completely as she smokes still.. but less now.

Having an aunt die of Cancer (most likely due to smoking) has stopped another aunt from continuing to smoke. And yet another aunt has recently gotten cancer (most likely due to smoking). So if you want people to see you die of cancer at a somewhat early age(40-50), smoke. If you want to decrease the chances of getting cancer Don't smoke.

Watching people die of cancer is horrible. :'(

Did you know that light cigarettes are no better than regular cigarettes?

I don't know where they got that info from. But thats what some guy in elementary school told us, although I'm sure it was to just keep kids from smoking.

I also did hear about that 1 smoke takes so much time off your life.

I havnt touched them or even looked towards them in a couple days, I have been to busy, Tommoro I might slip though...Going to a party at a friends house, Lots of people who smoke there...I wont smoke though I dont plan on staying that long just long enough to get my 20oz of Vanila Vodka that Delmis owes me and then im out.

mmmmmm tobacco.....So......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NO BAD! errrrrrgggg

I understand that coating your fingers with that sour apple stuff (same stuff you coat things you don't want your pets to chew on with), helps ;) They don't go in your mouth, but the smell might just be enough to overpower that lovely tobacco smell, to which I personally have become addicted ;)