The Future of Dune Revealed?

Mahdi

In the transcript of the recent sci-fi.com chat with Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert a few new revelations about the future of Dune on film, paper, and even on your computer is revealed!

Concerning the film franchise, Brain says that he believes an animated version of Dune will be along some time, it's merely a matter of when, and also says that the next time we see Dune on TV, it will probably be God-Emperor, as it's the logical choice. However, Anderson also says that they are considering other major film projects based on Dune, which is why we haven't heard anything about the regular TV series for awhile now. They've put it on the backburner until those projects get cleared up. Finally, Brian claims that there will be no Chapterhouse miniseries until he and Kevin finish Dune 7, and 8, because those books will be necessary for such a production.

On to the printed future of Dune, the two authors are now in talks with major comic book companies to create graphic novels based on the Legends of Dune trilogy, and Dune 7 will be two books.

Last, but definitely not least to the denizens of this site, Brian Herbert confirms that new Dune computer games are being worked on as of this moment, but due to some complications he can't say anything more.

Wow, new miniseries, new animated series, new books and games, all confirmed in one single chat. You can read the transcript yourself right here.

P.S. A warning to fan fiction writers: The Herbert partnership ain't very happy with you. ;)

:)

All I can say is I'm a very happy person.

Very happy.

I can't see why they cant make the heretics and chapterhouse mini's before dune 7, unless they plan on putting all 3 books into one miniseries 4 hours long. >:(

:) Me so happy.

[hide]sorry for any spam[/hide]

Lots of stuff for Dune people to speculate now.

"BrianHerbert: We're in discussions over which direction to go with that

BrianHerbert: Beyond that I can't say more

BrianHerbert: As long as fans aren't profiting off fan fic we haven't objected

BrianHerbert: But our attorney's have told us we could if the need arose"

Meaning if they decide to object to fan fiction, yer gonna get a visit from an army of lawyers;)

Great, Brian Herbert and his X-File writer are gonna give us more fan fiction!! ::)

In fact, they will produce some as long as it sells.

The only thing they would succeed into making me buy would be FRANK Herbert's notes.

Really, they simply put off stuff as long as it is bought. It's like Britney Spears who didn't have a thing to say into her songs but was simply signing what there would be a demand for...

Hmm...Mahdi's friend Mr Anderson and Brian don't like the Setara War, or God Emperor's Dune? They better tell fanfiction.net not to post Dune fics then, because people do. Oh well, I haven't written Dune fanfic in a while (lost mine I was writing on paper).

BrianHerbert: I haven't followed it.

BrianHerbert: But our attorney's have told us we could if the need arose

This is interesting news considering that we here at Fed2k have been discussing some of the same things.

P.S. A warning to fan fiction writers: The Herbert partnership ain't very happy with you;)

:- It was only a matter of time before that would be said but it will probaly be like all other great sci-fic series that have hugh following the fans will know how to deal with the sitution. The fans make it what it is and I do not know of anyone here who profits off the fan fiction writing besides being know as a Dune Fanatic.

In the transcript of the recent sci-fi.com chat with Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert a few new revelations about the future of Dune on film, paper, and even on your computer is revealed!

Concerning the film franchise, Brain says that he believes an animated version of Dune will be along some time, it's merely a matter of when, and also says that the next time we see Dune on TV, it will probably be God-Emperor, as it's the logical choice.

Sounds awesome that God Emporer might be next. I imagine it will be very hard to pull off due to the lack of action in the book accompared to books 1, 2, and 3. They had better be careful.

"BrianHerbert: We're in discussions over which direction to go with that

BrianHerbert: Beyond that I can't say more

BrianHerbert: But our attorney's have told us we could if the need arose"

Meaning if they decide to object to fan fiction, yer gonna get a visit from an army of lawyers;)

How arrogant! They lost all my respect now. They can't write good stories themselves. And now they think they can stop all fan-fiction if they want.

I agree on that with Nema.

To Brian Herbert and KJA:

Don't blame fan-fiction. They are not raping Dune as you are doing!

Sorry, this just makes me mad...