sardaukar

Emperor Harkonnen

Well..

If anyone would acctually built scouts for something else but scouting the map in the beginning, ud realise that fremen are pretty much

useless.

But i wouldnt worry about that u fremen lovers, since noone ever takes scouts with there army, nor is one rarely even prepared to counter worm riders, so rock on fremen lovers.

Sards are the best! fremen are good but there biggest advantage is also their dowfall because if u put then with your army the oppenet can't see them. On the other hand sards are visable and make your force look much bigger. Pyhcological warfare is what its called.

Well I see the Fredaykin as more like a sneak attack unit, like pick some units in enemy's battalion when they're moving. I sometimes even send them to a sucide mission by sending them in enemy's base to kill those campers.

As for Sardaukar, I reckon they're more like a support unit

i.e Minotaurus + both type Sard. = kick @$$!!

Both are quite good as base defenders, with Fredaykin been in against vehicle and Elite in against aerial units and Fremen better against infantry and Sardukar good against both vehicle and infantry.

One big difference between Sard and Fremen is that you can't bunch up the Fremens like how you do with other units or you'll find yourself with more causalties, while with the Sards, you can.

Fremen is the best sub-House, no question. Not Sards. Sards are second or third best, depending on your strats. A compelling case can be made to say that Guild is better than Sards. Vice versa for Sards being better than Guild. Sards and Guild are pretty much tied between usefulness.

Nothing competes with Fremen for the best sub-House title.

IX can be far better than fremen. Usually i put scouts around the entrances with turrets to counter bombs, but a cool way to still get bombs to the base is, u get like 8 or more/less bombs near there base, preferably a dark corner somewhere and transport bombs in 1 by 1 with adv. carryall and then boom!!! it'll hit em like a muthafu*a

Sards have some of the most usefull units in the game. Escpecially when Ordos. You need that extra anti-air edge, trust me. Fremen have their place, true, but they take too long to produce, have no psychological factor (well not on me at any rate) and are too easy to kill. If you're fremen and your opponent has chosen to litter the sand with scouts you're more or less boned up at *ss. Oh sure you can try the tedious process of trying to kill them all but that woudl be like... Hmmm, that would be liek trying to track down Fremen o nthe sand and we all know how impossible THAT is.

With Sards you get it all, Infantry Rock capable artilery units that are also a sniper and turret all rolled into one. Plus, while more expensive than a Feyd, they don't take as long to make, meaning that you'll have about 2-3 Sards onto the field before one Feyd is done training. Now... My math is Fuzzy... One Feyd against 2 Regular Sards... Hmmmm... Who would win?

Sards are the best. Sardauker rush with 20+ is a disaster if you're entire army isn't at your base.

Personally, the Fedaykin's sonic weapons are a con, not a pro. You can't mass them like you can with Elites. That, and you need Fedaykins in order to fight tanks, regular fremen won't stand up too long against a decent force of buzzsaws supporting an army. The concept of an invisible army is great, but it takes too long to destroy the base. Either make Fedaykin NOT hurt your troops, or make Fremen Warriors do more damage to vehicles and buildings, and you'd make Sards/Fremen more balanced.

Errr, sardaukar take longer to build than fremen. Plus while my math may be even fuzzier, 1 fremen warrior will own infinite amounts of sardaukar. Sardaukar Rush? A sardaukar elite takes as long to build as a minotaurus! Can't mass feyds? Feyds aren't damaged at all by sonic weaponry due to their armour which is classed in the rules as "earplugs". Feydakins are very useful for targetting the enemy conyard early-game. Sards and fremen *are* perfectly balanced, but I just prefer sards (although I use both as feyds are uber-effective against laser tanks).

They don't do much damage, and as they have very short range, they're unlikely to hit other units in a crossfire. Plus feyds aren't designed to be used as support units, they're sneak-attack units for gaining the upper hand in a battlem and at this they excel, with their worm-riding and invisibility.

They don't do much damage, and as they have very short range, they're unlikely to hit other units in a crossfire

Speaking from experience,fremen feds will not do much damage to another fremen unit but if there is a unit of other sorts blocking the target when the sonic wave thingy is fired,that unit will take normal damage.

such silliness in this thread

Sards don't build faster than Fremen! LOL Sards build like Molasses pours.

to Exo: you're 100% wrong that having scouts everywhere will help your Sards to kill Fremen. I don't care if you *DO* have scouts everywhere on the map, I *GUARANTEE* that my Warriors will still utterly masscare your Sards in a few seconds.

Exo also said that Sards are necessary for Ordos AA: no, they are not. they come in handy, yes. but AA troopers can perform the same function and an Ordos can be just as effective without Sards

to Apollyon: what you said it not exactly correct. one Warrior will not own an infinite amount of Sards. if the Warrior or group of Warriors is sigificantly out-numbered by Sards, then the Warrior or Warriors *will* in fact die when the Sards automatically move forward and counter after the Warrior or Warriors fire. on a 1:1 or almost 1:1 basis, the Sards are toast. but if the ratio is ridiculously in favor of the Sards, then those Warriors are gonna die no matter what.

You can fire and run away pretty much so as to make your warrior unkillable by sards due to their superior range. Obviously it doesn't matter anyway because any idiot will have more than just sards in one place and is bound to have something do dispose of warriors unless they suck.

Fremen Feds have crap range so the NEED to get close to their target to take it out. So if you have 3 or more Minos/Kobras and have a scout go out for you and keep its range within limit of the artillery, you lose 1 scout but kill off a load of fremen. As for Hark, pay for 5 buzzsaws and run past em.

As for sards, use them to support an assault. They have the range, the armor, the speed, and the power to help out in WINNING the war.

You can fire and run away pretty much so as to make your warrior unkillable by sards due to their superior range.

no, you can not. this will not work with one Warrior vs. many Sards. in this situation it is impossible to keep your Warrior alive unless the enemy Sards have GUARD mode set to OFF.

to Warlord: only morons send in tons of Fremen at the same time without sending out small reconaissance packs to those areas first. if your scouts killed a few of my Fremen, then i would stop sending Fremen there until i first killed your scouts. but I'd still like to see you get close enough to me to kill my Fremen before that happens. good luck, you'd need it. point is, like with any unit, if Fremen are being countered at particular area, then a good player will stop wasting them and save them until he can put them to good use. that does not mean that Fremen are any less good. Fremen own.

Sards are just as easy to take down as Fremen unless you're talking about the very early game. I'd like to see what the heck your Sards are gonna do to me if I'm able to build unhindered for 15 minutes. they'd do absolutely NOTHING at that point in time. but if you had Fremen, they could still be put to good use.