The funnies moments when playing Emperor: Battle for Dune

henry

1.When my n00b ally was massing scouts because he thought they were cheap AND HAD WEAPONS,I kept telling him to build a factory and then minos instead of scouts but he stubbornly refused so I brought a small group of minos and forced fire on the rally point and I saw about 50 scouts spinning in the air... :O And guess what,he knew how to get 3 barracks to increase production to the max but only built scouts...what a jackass... ;D

2.I was playing lionsmark when he kept moving his MCV away to another rock when he got attacked...even if I used only 1 sand bike to strike him...and finally he ran into his ally's base and I sent all the guild tanks[suprisingly he didnt ask me to take guild off] in the middle of the already-crammed up base and destroyed him and his ally inside out and in the end he was left with his entire army but no base.lol. :D

in the end he was left with his entire army but no base.lol. :D

that is not funny. i can't count the number of games i've won with just my army after i lost my base. and i'm talking real games vs. elite players, not like the newbie-sett games that you play vs. morons

not like the newbie-sett games that you play vs. morons
What the topic asks is *funniest moments" and not asking if you did the exact same thing against an elite or a better player.It doesn't matter whether they are morons,morons normally produce more funny moments than elite players.Read carefully.You have eyes right?If you have your glasses by your side,put them on.They can help your vision when you need them.And you need them. ;)

If that is not funny,so be it.You didn't have to add that moronic sentence...

Another funny moment was when I purposely nuked my ally's troop mass because he was a *n00b* and I told him that he should go and attack the enemy together with me but he stubbornly *sat in his base* and *built walls around his conyard* so I told him that an enemy was going to nuke him[the enemies were atr and ord ;)]after i launched the nuke and he believed me.It was quite fun to see all the troops spinning in the air. :P

Edit:And he even moved his units onto the green toxic splotch to *cover it*... :O

I was playing with my friend yesterday. Ordos VS Atr, on broken plain.

It went on normally until my friend fired a Hawk Strik on a narrow valley, making all my units run like crazy. It was a huge army of Laser Tanks(I'd say 50-60 of them). At the same time I was about to fire my Chaos Lighting Strike on his army of Mino, but by mistake I fired it upon my hoard of Laser Tanks. Next thing I see is a whole load of fireworks as all my Laser Tanks ran into the Lighting area by the effect of Hawk Strike.

ok i have a truly funny moment for you

the other day i was in a 2vs2 game with the latest addition to The Quitting Newbie List, mahdi228.

neither me nor my ally went anywhere near him for the whole game. he decided to rush me just outside my base, so my ally and me crushed his rush.

he then said something like: "why do you guys rush? what is the fun in not building enough units" or something like that.

we obviously were like: "wtf, you rushed *US*! we didn't rush you!"

then he says: "i was just protecting my harvesters!" even tho neither of us had went anywhere even remotely close to his harvesters at any point before he attacked

he then proceeded to swear at us and flame us for a few minutes before quitting the game after promising not to

not only was this guy a lying quitting newbie, he was also a drug-addict! LOL [attachment archived by Gobalopper]

ok i have a truly funny moment for you

the other day i was in a 2vs2 game with the latest addition to The Quitting Newbie List, mahdi228.

neither me nor my ally went anywhere near him for the whole game. he decided to rush me just outside my base, so my ally and me crushed his rush.

he then said something like: "why do you guys rush? what is the fun in not building enough units" or something like that.

we obviously were like: "wtf, you rushed *US*! we didn't rush you!"

then he says: "i was just protecting my harvesters!" even tho neither of us had went anywhere even remotely close to his harvesters at any point before he attacked

he then proceeded to swear at us and flame us for a few minutes before quitting the game after promising not to

not only was this guy a lying quitting newbie, he was also a drug-addict! LOL

1)In that screenshot you are rushing him.Note:If he quit under 3 mins after you rush him,isn't it allowed under *your* rules?

2)"before qutting the game after promising not to"--->Where is the screenie proof of the promising.

3)How do you know he is a drug addict.

My funniest game was when I played against scy(his name here at the forum. I don't remember his game nick).

I was building units as usual, and so was he.

The game was already lagging this early.

But suddenly, he parked like 6 or 8 projector tanks in the exit of his base and started duplicating my tanks(I was ordos).

I warned him about lag if he made too many duplicates, but he just rejected the warning.

The projector tanks grew in number and produced more clones.

His army of great firepower and about no hp marched toward me, and, frankly, I was a bit afraid.

I warned him again of the lag, and said that his modem had more than enough to do already.

He built more and more of the projector tanks, and I had much trouble just fighting the clones back.

The game was lagging very much.

He had so many clones that he just commanded them to move to my base exit, so when I attacked them with chemical troopers, the response came very late because he was busy in his base.

But the clones were too many. They almost filled up 1/4 of the map, and came closer to my base every second.

I lost my army, and I lost most of my base.

But then, suddenly, when I was just watching my last buildings go away and spreading my units to make him chase them, he lagged out, and I got a clan win :P

He really is a much better player than me, so I was extremely delighted to "win" for once... :D

id say one of the funniest moments i saw in dune was when my brother was playing some Korean guy who spoke little english, he was also a newbie. So my brother went along with whatever the guy said and also spoke broken english and said, "you sing Korean song?" (this was all leading up to a devastating Ix infiltrator attack on his base) and the guy says yes i sing korean song, and my brother says sing korean song, and the guy doesnt know whats going on, so after a while he says ok and my brother says sing korean song, and the guy starts and at that moment my brother blew up his whole base excluding a few windtraps and maybe an outpost an the guy says im singing a song now... and i forget what happend after that.. i think made a craptackular rush

k i got another hilarious moment for you all

i was playing a 2vs2 against one of the newest additions to The Quitting Newbie List, sard10048

about 2 minutes into the game, i had a scout deep inside his base. then i noticed that there was a crate in the top-righthand corner of the map just outside of his base. so ran my scout all the way the heck out (if he was even half-decent that scout would never have got out) and picked up the crate. it was an MCV.

so i told my ally, then ran the MCV right back into his base and deployed. here you can see his reaction: calling us cheaters

he then said: "there should be no rushing for 10 mins" and quit after promising not to.

to get the full effect of the hilarity of this quitting lying newbie, you must view the attached screenshot[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I played wit a guy (Ordos) who didn't actually build a single

unit during tha game. I tried to help him (in 5 languages) but

he didn't respond. All he did was building loads of gas turrets

and the pop-up ones. I don't want to criticise this "tactic" very much

but they have a limited range and you jus can't win with building turrets.

Unless you're a ...

My funniest moment in playing Emp was my 4th multi-player session with Minxed Missle. We were both harvesting fast and building hard , trying not to ride Zero. I was Ordos(Sard and IX subs), she was Atry(Fremen and Ix subs), we were still both relatively new at the game, and rather chatty. So you can forgive the both of us for only having 1 factory out by the 20-minute-mark. I had a scout in her base, tucked neatly away in a crevice near her deployed MCV (you know, those little 1-2 square wide niches? Yeah, those are SO exploitable for hiding your scouts in a good place.). And I coudl see that she was building Sand Bikes... Lots of them. ... Lots and LOTS of them. I chose not say anything, pumping out AA troopers and Laser Tanks; Peppering my base with Pop-Ups I just grinned silently readying for her push (we were both major turtlers back then).

45-minutes and se lets loose her hounds, so to speak. 50 Scouts bikes mixed in with about 15 Mongeese, with (according to her) about 75 more in qeue with 3 factories behind her. I already knew anbout the factories, and I made a note as to what they were pumping out and then... I brought down my hammer.

The first wave(40 of them, having opted for a squad of Chem Troopers to deal with any infantry rush{as opposed to using Dust Scouts}) of Laser Tanks smashed against her swarm of Bikes with predictable, blowey-uppey results. Intending to let them kill any and all Bikes they might encounter, preferring to then send in the clowns and deal with the Mongeese with AA Troopers and a singular death squad of Sardies (10:5 ratio Regular dominance).

It was in the middle of the carnage that the worm came...

I jsut laughed my ass off as it effortlessly took out 30-45 units on it's first pass before everything on the sand forgot what it was shooting at to point their collective guns at the worm. It took only one volley of laser, missle, and autocannon fire before it went away, but it left a huge gash in the melee. Which quickly went back to what it was doing.

I just about fell out of my seat laughing because it managed to eat most of her fielded Mongeese. ;D

ok... Nav... i really dont' see anthing funny about that.. but whatever you say... and btw: you said it was 2 minutes into the game on the second story when he quit... so according to your rules as mentioned before doesn't that "invalidate the game" because you technically rushed him and he quit under 3 minutes which should invalidate the game on your rules ...

probably the funniest moment on emp for me was probably when i watched nav play.... lol ok j/k

the funniest moment was a long time ago when i was a newb (although to nav's apparent "standards" i still am one, and that includes everyone i think) and it was a non spice map.. probably draconis... and i was with ppl worse than i am... i mean true beginners, just opened the box. so i decided to engie them

i assume they were completely oblivious or in another room because when i engied them i guess they did not see anything because there response after i stole all their major buildings was "$%#@ how did you do that?!?!"

my funniest moment

once i was playing a son and his dad it was a 3 player ffa so him and his dad bs me good thing they are n00bs anyway im killing the dad and his son is sitting there saying dad i will avenge u !!! saying plz dont kill my dad plzz lol so i leave him with a his con yard anyways i go and destory his son hes saying its ok son we can still win even tho i had about 30 minos comming towards him and a shit lota guild so i go in and kill his son leave him with a con yard so they deside to undeply there mcvs so i take my carryalls and pick them both up lol i thought it was funny and shows my emp skill lol 2vs1 and ownt them !

i cant beat that, but once i tricked some noob, he was playing harkonen. It was 3 man ffa on fishers the other guy quit, so it was be and the noob, i scouted the whole area and saw his starport, i snuck my scout to the middle of the starport and told him, "hey you see those devs you ordered", he didnt respond for awhile untill the frigate came, and i said "you see that frigate, it ripped you off" and naturaly the frigate left without leaving anything then he said "WTF howd you do that" and i said i sent a message to the guild and told them not to leave anything when they get to your base, he asked how and i said rebuild your starport select it and press a, he ordered more stuff and i did the same trick, i forgot how it ends but i beat him