2% or 98%

IxianMace

Humans behave weird.

They act all the same, but they don't want to be compared to anyone else. They wan't to be unique

:-

Don't worry IxianMace, there are alot who say they have 2% while they were in the 98%.

I was in the 98% btw.

This is not so special, the results. Because they aren't much countries which start with a 'd'. And not many animals which start with a 'k'

I'm not sure how the test works itself, or why people are supposed to get the combination that the test mentions

Because no matter what number they pick at the start. It all comes back to nine, was I the only one that watched School House Rocks growing up?

... showing my age again aren't I

Take any number no matter how big. Multiply it by 9, add the sum of the remaining product and it all comes back to nine.

• [+]9 x 9 = 81 then 8 + 1 = 9
    [+]3 x 9 = 27 then 2 + 7 = 9
    [+]124 x 9 = 1116 then 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 9
    [+]7253 x 9 = 65277 then 6 + 5 + 2 + 7 + 7 = 27 then 2 + 7 = 9
    [+]798564189 x 9 = 7187077701 then 7 + 1 + 8 + 7 + 0 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 0 + 1 = 45 and you know what the sum of 4 and 5 are ... thats right baby back to 9 ;)

Like I mentioned in my first post (hidden text) no matter what whole number you times against the number 9, it will always come back to 9. Then you just lead them with your story to make them chose the answer (country, animal, color).

*ques music*

" Nine, nine, nine, it all comes back to nine.... " ~The Bill upon Capital Hill

Well what about those who have somethng other than the letter "D" does that mean maybe we added and subtracted wrong. ??? :-[

I understand what your saying about the number nine it's quite clear and have already went through the process myself with the mathematics of the number.

7 x 9 = 63

6 + 3 = 9

9 - 5 = 4

and here i went wrong, i thought of the number five, instead of four so i selected 5 :)

letter 5 is E. Egypt (well i first chose Estland (estonia for english) but that wont work, you'll see why)

T, then i chose Terrier (a dog) (i first had to choose an animal with a D which was to be Donkey)

R, so i chose Raspberries (I first chose nothing as i don't know a fruit that begins with Y. so i went back 2 steps from here :) )

so, my result is: Egypt, Terrier, Raspberries (well i went wrong a couple of times... but that don't count ;)

lol

2% for me

I got a Cat in the Dominican Republic eating a tomato

2% here as well, Denmark was not the country I thought of. My answer is exactly the same as 'newt's, except the Cat in the Dominican Republic is eating a Tangerine. *Snicker, snicker.*

And no, I didn't cheat, nor did I try to "be original". Dominican Republic is simply the best I came up with.

told you they couldn't follow directions :P

just teasing guys, you know that! ;D

but here's what gets me, out of all the infinite numbers only the number nine has this un-canny ability ???

I'm not sure how the test works itself, or why people are supposed to get the combination that the test mentions

Because no matter what number they pick at the start. It all comes back to nine, was I the only one that watched School House Rocks growing up?

... showing my age again aren't I

Take any number no matter how big. Multiply it by 9, add the sum of the remaining product and it all comes back to nine.

• [+]9 x 9 = 81 then 8 + 1 = 9
    [+]3 x 9 = 27 then 2 + 7 = 9
    [+]124 x 9 = 1116 then 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 9
    [+]7253 x 9 = 65277 then 6 + 5 + 2 + 7 + 7 = 27 then 2 + 7 = 9
    [+]798564189 x 9 = 7187077701 then 7 + 1 + 8 + 7 + 0 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 0 + 1 = 45 and you know what the sum of 4 and 5 are ... thats right baby back to 9 ;)

Like I mentioned in my first post (hidden text) no matter what whole number you times against the number 9, it will always come back to 9. Then you just lead them with your story to make them chose the answer (country, animal, color).

*ques music*

" Nine, nine, nine, it all comes back to nine.... " ~The Bill upon Capital Hill

that's how they determine what numbers can be divisible by 9, i remember learning those, the ones i learned were:

divisible by 3: if the sum of the numbers in the number is divisible by 3, then that number is divisible by 3

divisible by 6: if the number is divisible by 2 and 3, then it is divisible by 6]

divisible by 9: if the sum of the numbers in the number is divisible by 9, then that number is divisible by 9

because of the rule about 9 is like that, obviously as dj has pointed out any number divisible by 9, will have the sum of the digits equal to 9, and unless you are horrible at multiplying, then, it would be impossible to end up with a number that the sum of the digits don't add up to 9.