Mountain War!!!

AWACS

"Don't involve myself..." Emperor Sorcere peered down at the message. "Well, if you say so... Scribe! Have a negotiation party ready, just in case Nilog loses."

"You would switch sides, majesty?"

"Don't be silly. But if my ally dies then I am honour-bound to avenge him. And I rather like the idea of using the Chosen... Speaking of which, has our diplomat returned from the Yeti lines?"

"No, majesty."

"Hmmm... How go things in Switzerland?"

"The twin peaks of Deedune and Beraber support Tiers IronIce and Glacachite well, majesty."

"No volcanoes?"

"No, majesty. But there is a deep magma stream that can be utalised instead."

"Phew! Have them construct Gobbots, I want those mountains to be utterly impregnable."

"Yes, majesty."

"And send a message to all factions (that's EVERYONE), offering support against the Yetis. If they've killed my diplomat they'll be sorry..."

The yeti spys smiled at the amount of diplomats running out of the mountain tops of britain. They snuk up on a scottish man, early 30's. They ambushed him around the area of Fort William. The ambush went welll and to plan. Another Scottish diplomat. They put it in the bag with the rest. They ran quickly to the spy center of Carlise and sent a plane with them on.

As the Yeti high command sat by their dinner table, with another sack from scotland, they looked at the re-defence of Bucharest after it had been captured by their hated enemy. The order was given to fire the Icicle Missile. The feared weapon of the yetis. The missile shot towards romania and struck the city centre of Bucharest. The missile exploded on impact, sending huge beams of ice into the ground. Seconds later, huge towers of ice covered the city, freezing anything in its path to -271.C contaminating the area to a new antartica.

In case you hadn't noticed, all of Britain is now mountains. Even the bits that were water before. There is no such thing as Fort William anymore, nor any other place. Everything was buried. The only survivors came from the ship that landed. The natives are little better than savages now.

Scotland is mine, and therefore there would be no diplomats there, and everything South of what was Northern Ireland is Clanner's. Feel free to send out spies though, there's nothing around that isn't in Tier Freezerock or Nilog's palace. I take it the Yeti's captured my diplomat then? Very well...

Chosen diplomat McFarline looked down at the treaty he had been ordered to deliver. It was difficult inside the dark sack, with at least three other chosen as well as savage natives. The scrap of paper seemed hopelessly inadequate. Reaching into his robes, McFarline produced his only weapon, a small lead box. Seeing their most senior Chosen prepare, the others followed suit. Outside, they could hear the Yeti's feasting. They opened their boxes.

Four tiny nulear blasts ruptured and vaporised the bag, spreading instant death via radiation in a radius of twenty feet. The cancer deaths of course, would be higher. The Chosen had done their work.

Have a look at my first post, nect to "Chosen." :)

- Sir, the old capital has been... er... frozen...

- What? That's impossible!

- Take a look sir.

- ... yes... any survivors?

- No sir. The few that retruned to the city after the first attack were frozen with the rest.

- Damn! Is the Napalm ready?

- Just 5000 liters sir.

- Good enough! I want the new weapond to be installed on the tamks, in artillary shells, inside defensive grenades. What about the volonteer army? Is it ready?

- Yes sir, we've trained them as well as possible. They now match pur own troops.

- Good! Send them into Northern Greece, let them accomodate for a few days and them send them to clean Greece of the Yetis. Use the Napalm to destroy the ice bridge!

- Sir yes sir!

In Ukraine battles were still beign fought, the front line oscilating between the two armies. Now the Clan's territory contained Poland, Hungary, Serbia and Monte Negro, and a small part of Albania. The Clan needed no army to keep those territories toghether as the civilians knew what expected them if the Yetis came. So, they they joined the Empire.

IMAGE: "I SEE A YETI!"[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

The HHRLD launched. It exploded right behind the group of men, sending them forward.

Some men ran as reinforcements for the quickly dwindling number down the hill, firing at the soldier who had survived the blast or were away from it when it happened. The tde quickly turned. Soon there were barely any soldiers left.

The commander yelled to them,"Surrender or be killed!"

Nilog looked out at the desolate barrenness that was the land of Ire Land. His land. He controled so much now.

It was time to deploy the Ragnarok system in what was formerly North America.

Nidhogg would be deployed near Washington D.C.

The Fimbulwinter wovles would be in New York.

The Valkyries would take Boston.

And his forces would surround them and destroy any survivors.

He looked at the patch in his hand. A patch taken of a prisoner who had tried to detonate a nuclear device inside Mt. Valhala.

A patch that read, "USAF Special President Protection Forces. Andrews Air Force base."

He closed his fist and looked at the prsioner running away.

He would give that man about fifty seconds before Anjelia got to him.

He watched and waited and forty-nine seconds later the mans head fell off his body.

Nilog grinned, he was right.

Message to Nilog:

Sir, it seems from your movements (as well as the numerous spies I have placed in Mt Valhala) that the old lands of America are your next target. Perhaps I might suggest an alternative? The Balkans are rising up to defend against the Yetis, their success hinges on tiny chances. My own army is based in old Switzerland, but I fear it may not be large enough. I believe that we might attack together, as diplomacy has clearly failed. They already have scouts and spies running about my land and evidence points to them moving quickly into yours and closer to Mt Valhala. It is time we removed a threat.

Regards, the Viscount Sorcere (son of the Emperor).

P.S. I located the spy you sent into my service. I wonder how many others there are? :) Do you want him back?

The remaining soldier then shouted "I or any of my commrads will never surrender." On his line he lobbed a grenade at the incoming troops, taking out a couple and firing the remaining bullets of his gun tanking out another. He was then quickly eliminated by the remaining enemy troops.

Before the ememy could react, the remaining pyro maniacs boarded a speeder, collected a wounded enemy soldier and sped off into the distance.

"Damn we were beaten at the hands of a fool, not to worry though. We have one of them as prisoner. Medics!, patch up this piece of scum!"

Nilog sent a message to the Sorcere Emperor.

My ally,

I ask that you join me for a banquet here at Mt. Valhala. It should prove educational for us both and we have much to discuss.

Sincerely,

Nilog, Leader of the Valhalans

"A banquet?" The Emperor looked at the message in his hands. 'Well, it would be a nice change. And I've never visited Mt Valhala before... Could there be an alterior motive? ... ... Not that I can think of... What if it's from someone else trying to trick me? ... ... No, he has a very distinctive language. We shall go then? Yes, we shall go.'

As the Emperor looked up from making his decision, he was startled to see someone standing directly in front of him. He wore a black cloak, trimmed with fur. He was so pale as to look like ice.

"I don't suppose I shall be allowed to visit dear Nilog?" The Viscount Sorcere sneered sarcastically. The Emperor tightened his grip on the throne. But at his side, an aide whispered,

"It may be benificial, majesty. He needs outer experience..." The aide faded back into the shadows. The Emperor paused...

Message to Mt Valhala;

Nilog,

I would be delighted to attend any celebration you may be planning, even if it is for business. My son has expressed a desire to attend also; if you have no objections, I believe it might do him some good. I shall await the date and time with eagerness.

Regards, Emperor Sorcere.

Sorry I didn't post for so long.

The representative from clan Kodiak and the staff of clan Vrancean sat around a table. The Vrancean were anticipating a constructive discussion.

Then, John Kodiak the diplomat, smashed his fist on the table.

"The ore's ours! We found it, we claimed it, we mine it!"

The Vrancean sat there silent for a second, then they started to present more and more arguments as of why the Vrancean had as much right on the ore patch as the Kodiaks did. John tried yelling at them for a few times more but didn't help and gave up. His brother, the clan leader, warned him that he was not allowed to anger the Vranceans because the Kodiaks weren't ready for war. John didn't think there was such a thing as "not ready for war" but decided it was best to do as his brother told him because he was smarter than John. Eventually he made his final offer. The ore patch, locateded in the middle of Slovakia, was to be shared 50 / 50 by the two clans and the defense was to be handled by forces from both clans.

At the same time Kodiak forces pull out to occupy the unclaimed lands around mount Khalis. Kodiak territory now covers the Czechian homeland, western, middle and south Germany and Austria.

With the captured troop of the Ghartha clan. They returned to the HQ of the pyro maniacs for questioning.....

"Why did you intercept the convoy?"

Captured soldier"I was following orders"

"who is issuing these orders?"

Captured soldier"I don't know..."

Then, before they could stop him, he took a cyanide pill from his belt and swallowed.

"Damn you" said the officer as the enemy troop died in his arms.

Forget sending a diplomat, send a communication to the yeti clan, encrypt it fully.

[hide]We would like to seek an alliance and are willing to share resources[/hide]

((OCC - I don' care if anyone reads it, but I thought it would be more authentic this way ;)))

The Vrancean began to exploit the ore along side with the Kodiak. This cooperation could evolve into an alliance, who knows?

On the eastern Front the fighting raged on, the Leader demanded that the ice on the rivers should be broken, and the birdges should become fortresses, so the only passages could be protected from the Yetis.

The Volonteer Army led by the Vrancean Officers adavnced in Greece, making good progress, but they couldn't pass into Pelopones. So the Corinth Istmus became the most southern point of the Vrancean territory.

Once again this part of Europe became a wall in the way of the invaders.

The diplomat aproached the Leader's office. The man was sorrounded by many officers that were arguing over the plans, were bringing in reports, etc. The Leader himself seemed very tired. He needed a rest, but the Yetis were still fighing, were still a thread.

- Yes, of course I agree with this proposal! We need aid if we want to push the Yetis up north to the Volga and even further to the Urals. Some help would be apreciated in Greece too. This way, Europe will be free of the Yetis.

IMAGE: DEFENDING THE PERIMETER[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

No, he shouldn't do anything wrong. He has no compunction to misbehave. I do however suggest that he is watched closely, he'll look for any excuse to cause political trouble. If I'm killed by one of your weapons you can bet it won't have any fingerprints on it. He thinks he's so smart. The smarter thing to do would be to put somebody elses on... Just watch him and we'll be fine.

Nilog sat down at the end of the huge banquet table. The huge cavern was lit by flaming green, yellow, blue, red, purple and orange flames.

In front of him was a roasted Carern Deer (imagine a deer the size of a small elephant).

Nilog glanced at Viscount Sorcere and smiled. He doubted that the young prince would do anything with Anjelia watching over him.

He looked back at his honored guest and began to speak.

"For generations my people have followed the old Norse traditions. We hadnt originally lived in this mountain. We came here when we had found something. Let me show you."

Nilog got up and walked towards the stairs. The Sorcere Emperor followed, and so did Anjelia.

Free from the gaze of that wretched woman, the Viscount Sorcere watched his father follow Nilog. He supressed an urge to let loose the earwigs he had collected onto the table. All in time... Instead, he took careful note of the positioning of the many guards around the hall. If this went to plan he'd have to make a quick getaway...

The Emperor wondered to himself. What could possibly have been attractive enough to drag them all the way from Norway? And why didn't we find it ? ? ?' He walked on.