Mountain War!!!

AWACS

Meanwhile the mineral recources on mount Khalis were nearly depleted. The clan leader, William Kodiak, picked a newly located site of iron deposits about 22 miles from mount Khalis, but there was a problem. The mineral site was well in striking range of the Vrancean clan (Davidus clan). Nevertheless count William sent a small force to claim the site and start construction.

"Sir, this order of yours might provoke the Vrancean to attack." said an advisor.

"I don't think they dare mess with us, and I won't attempt to avoid a fight if they want one."

"But they probably don't even know it's a mineral site, and they might think we're setting up a staging point for an attack. I reccomend you send a representative to explain our intentions and establish diplomatic ties."

Count Kodiak found the advisor very annoying, but he couldn't deny that he was right.

"All right, just let there be no misunderstanding: we found the site first and we're keeping it."

"Yes sir. But..."

"Now what?" Kodiak started to get tired.

"We don't have any diplomats sir."

"Nobody around here...?"

"I'm afraid not sir. We never engaged in serious diplomacy with any faction before."

"Very well, send my brother John then. He's as qualified as anybody else here, and they won't dare to harm him."

Therefore John Kodiak, the brother to the count was sent in an unarmed hovercraft to meet with the Vrancean clan.

Um, I think you'll find that the Yetis are in fact several hundred miles East and South of us actually...

Mount Invess had transformed. She had started the hour as a luxurious palace, now she was a seething fortress. Men and women ran from one post to another, relaying instructions and passing weapons. Gobbot hurlers were rolled out in force and Tier Freezerock was sealed off from the rest of the mountain.

Then there was silence. The activity stopped, everything was ready. Nineteen Gobbots stood ready, their magma missiles ready to be fired. Twelve more were in backup inside the tunnels. The rest of the army held still inside. The best attack was, after all, in defence. And the natives possessed no way to detonate nuclear bombs without blowing themselves up.

Then the first wave struck. A mass of people, suicidally rushing up the steep slopes of the mountain, the Gobbots fired, and the people were crushed and burned under splattering and rolling lava globules. The retreat was instant.

Even they aren't that stupid... The Emperor Sorcere thought to himself. Then he realised his flaw.

"Scour the castle!" He shouted, but it was too late. Hundreds of men and women in rags threw themselves out of their hiding places below the castle. With the Gobbots still re-loading, the Emperor had no choice but to send the army out.

"Unleash the Sharders." He ordered, "But keep the army inside except for Gobbot-defence and firing from the battlements." Then there was a muffled 'WHUMP' as the first nuclear device went off. In moments, Tier Freezerock was battling. Nobody could spare a thought for the Valhalan leader as he was rushed back to his own command post under shelter of the wisely-built tunnel. And only the Emperor thought of his mysterious companion.

- Sir! An unidentified vehicle is aproaching our borderlands.

- Let me see. Stop it at the entrance and ask what it wants. If it is hostile destroy it without hesitation.

- Yes sir!

Afer a while a messenger came:

- Sir, it is a rude diplomat from clan Kodiak,

- So?

- He said something about diplomatic ties, ore deposits...

- Ore?

- Some of our mountains might contain ore.

- Oh, yes, I see. Tell them that if they find any ore on our land we'll exploit it toghether. That's the deal. And bring the man here, for Pete's sake!

The Captain eyed them carefully, then motioned.Sharpshooters lined the hill top, the Scorpion Tank aimed at the convoy,ready to fire, and 2 additional Humvees drove up to join the party, while men searched. The Captain coked an eyebrow at the diplomat, and said,"Remember, if any armed forces arrive here or are foun, we WILL eliminate you.Understand?"

in Copenhagen, Denmark people heard a strange whirring sound and looked up to see huge blimps disgorging men. The men of the 5th Valhalan Vikings were securing area after area and withen the hour Copenhagen had become a part of he empire of the Valhalans.

when Nilog got the news he sent a message off immeadiately to inform his ally, the Sorcere Emperor. and then he set off looking for maryia.

The yetis spread their reign of fire throughtout the land,as the greecians fell, the needle towers rose. The now ice-filled mountains of greece were occupied by Yetis. The screams of civillians rang around the mountain tops

- Sir, we've detected some strange things happening far south.

- What exactely?

- Some giant man-like creatures landed in Greece and started to slaughter the population.

- Are there any refugees?

- Yes sir, the're arriving right now. Lots of them.

- Then make room for them, they'll merge with us... we'll use them as our own. Understood?

- Sir, Yes, Sir!

Suddenly a shout from a watcher broke the search.

"Captain! Armed forces approachin from the North!"

The Captains eyes narrowed.

"Blow em to hell."The Scorpion Tank and Humvees attacked the approaching forces while his men mercilessly executed the convoy.The Captain himself raised a pistol to the diplomats head, and whispered, "See ya in hell."

!!!BLAM!!!

"Hmmm..." The Emperor Sorcere pondered. It had been a long night, and his eyes were rimmed with lines. They were also smarting from the smoke given off by the many fires that were still burning around Mount Invess and even in Tier Freezerock. Fortunately, there had only been two nuclear blasts, one of them his own, and the Fortress was largely unharmed. The attackers had been obliterated, with the exception of a small number of prisoners, held even now in the dungeons. But the Emperor still pondered.

He held in his hand a message from Nilog, his only ally. It spoke of the capture of the old country of Denmark; and of the Yeti threat spreading like wildfire across the other side of old Europe. The Emperor had always been cautious, that was how he had retained his position.

"Let us examine this... instance." He spoke to his scripe, who nodded obediently. "Send a Chosen diplomat to their leader. He is to travel alone, and in the best camouflage we have." The Emperor paused for a second. "Make sure it's only a medium-class. I don't want to waste a good one. And ask Nilog to look into Norway, I hear there are some interesting creatures up there."

"The trolls, majesty?"

"The trolls."

That night, a Chosen diplomat set out on his long journey; a message was sent to Nilog of the Valhalans, and an army that the Sorcere had been building up for generations flooded out of Tier Freezerock for several hours, heading East and South towards Europe.

Nilog read the message that the Sorcere Emperor had sent him.

"Norway. Fine. Send the 27th Guardian Battle Group to Norway. And fortify Denmark. I want that country so frotified not even a fly could get through. Send Julina to oversee the defenses. Send Maryia to Norway but keep Anjelia here."

Before the week was out the nation of Norway had been invaded by the Valhalans. However, they had been stopped by creatures known as trolls. Maryia was in the control room of the lead Battleboat when the leader of one the Viking units ran in.

"Ma'am. The trolls have us stopped cold. We wont get anywhere."

"Leave that to me." Maryia walked out of the room.

The next day the troll leader's head was found on a spike.

Within the week eighty percent of the troll forces had surrendered and been absorbed into the Valhalan armies.

Maryia sent a message to Nilog.

My liege,

The trolls are surrendering in droves. They cannot stand before our onslaught but the Norweigens are setting up a defensive perimeter approximately twenty miles putside of Olso. I ask your permission to utilise the weapon.

You know which one I speak of.

Nilog read Maryia's message.

"NO! Under no circumstances is that weapon to be used! Instead let me take a different approach, one I learned fighting for control of the Mountain from the Ire Land Natives."

Days later...

In the Norweigan defense camp outside of Olso a trooper leaned on his rebuilt rifle and lit a cigarette. Puffing it he looked up at the sky and stared at the stars. Suddenly he felt the ground shake and saw a lumbering, twenty foot monster come over the hill in front of him. The thing turned one of its cannons towards him and he felt his body get ripped apart by thousands of .45 cal rounds.

The camp lasted all of two minute once the rest of the Lokis had come.

The 1st Valhalan Elite Guard had arrived, the only Valhalan unit with one hundred Loki Mechs (see following post).

Nilog looked outside of his specially built mech and laughed. These people had sought to stop him. He would stop them!

occ: heres some Valhalan info.

1 combat group is: 2 Loki Mechs, 100 Viking Gunners, 20 Berserkrs

1 combat team is: 3 combat groups

1 battle team is: 4 combat teams

1 battle group is: 5 battle teams

the Valhalan Elite Guard is: 100 Loki Mechs, 3,500 Viking Gunners, 2,500 Berserkrs (they guard the Valhalan leader)

they are deployed only with the leader (aka: not very often)

btw, Loki Mech lasers are powered by gems and each gem gives the laser different power.

ruby: anti-personnel

sapphire: anti-vehicle

diamond: anti-building

starstone: anti-everything (pretty much but only one Loki has its lasers powered by that and that Loki is nicknamed Odin because the leader drives it)

Thats all.

As Nilog watched a large tank rolled over a nearby hill. He activated his binocular cameras and identified the tanks weapons and then let out a low whistle. The tank had three 120mm guns, two scatter missile launchers and four .50 cal miniguns. Nilog smiled. Finally he would have a near equal on the battlefield.

The driver of the Norwegian tank drove over the hill and looked out at the Mechs decimating the camp. He grimly armed his weapons and continued forward. He laughed to himself, today he would kill the invaders! Today he would destroy them utterly! Today he would-

He never finished that thought because one of Odin's lasers intersected the tank and melted right through it like a hot knife through butter. The laser played over the tank, setting off ammo all over and melting everything together. By the time the laser had been turned off all that was left of the tank was a puddle of metal.

Inside the tank Nilog laughed.

If this was the best they could do he would control Norway very quickly.

And the Elite Guard moved on.

Less than three days later Olso looked like a fortress, surrounded by a twenty foot diamond/titainium wall and bristling with laser turrents.

The Valhalans were unchallenged in Norway.

As the diplomat was shot, a cry errupted from the convoy bullets fired out of the vehicles into the enemy. The speeders arrived and deployed their infantry cargo while the flame tank sped ahead with its trusty tracks giving maximum traction on the snowy ground.

The Sorcere army reached Old Switzerland that night. With no natives and no other forces, they quickly took the mountains and valleys, beginning to dig in and fortify.

And the Chosen dilomat reached the Yeti leader, bearing a message of negotiation. . .

While the Yetis spread across Europe, the Vrancean have consolidated their position in South-eastern europe. A part of Ukraine, Bulgaria, a part of Serbia, and the North of Greece was in their hands, as well as their Romanian homeland. They were preparing fo battle, they knew thy'd have to fight the Yetis.

And there was no answer from Clan Kodiak. Were they taking a decision?

The yetis danced over their romanian victory. As a show of their power they burned the whole city of Bucharest to the floor. The borders of thier empire were bolstered by the new slave shipment.

Shocked from the yeti blast, the Vrancean rallied their scaterred troops. In the face of danger the Balkans united: bulgarians, greeks, macedoneans, serbians, albanians, but even polish and hungarian troops joined the battle. The reply was harsh, and the wrath of the Clan could be seen as they took no prisoners. The Yetis were driven back in the Ukrainian steppa, far from the Dnpier. The Moutain Troopers unleashed their ammo to aveange heir brethren slaughtered in Bucharest. The snipers semt more skillful as ever: no bullet missed the target. The Mobile Artillary kept decimating the yetis...

- Is the formulae ready? Asked the Leader.

- In a moment Sir!

- I want it to enter production ASAP! I'll burn the yetis down with Napalm! And I want the Dnpier fortified! All factories shall work at full capacity! A long and hard capaign awaits us.

The Leader looked out the Campaign Tent's window, seeing the artillary shells fired upon the yetis. The cannons could be heard from afar.

The Valhalans rolled through Norway and Sweden like they were nothing.

Greenland and Iceland lasted all of ten days each.

Germany fell after four weeks.

And then the Valhalans stopped. Their conquered territories became fortresses. A huge wall surrounded their empire. But why had they stopped?

It was because Nilog had gotten sick of conquest. He had taken so much so quickly that he was scared he would never be able to hold it.

He was wondering what to do when a technician came in from his R&D corp. They presented him with a way to totally change his military.

He took it.

(occ: im changing my units.

ill keep the Air units and the Loki Mechs but im changing the troops because they seem too...pathetic.

from now on the Viking Gunner and the Berserkr are going to be the Surtur Mech (similar to an Elemental but with two miniguns) and the Thor Mech (similar to the dreadnought from warhammer 40k but this one just has two twin-linked lasercannons and is piloted by a guy who can get out if he wants). just fyi)

While all this was happening...

In Northern Greenland a force that Nilog had dreaded for years awoke. It checked its weapons, armed its troops and set out to take over Mt. Valhala.

Small air transports were used to ferry over troops from Greenland to an area near Mt. Valhala. In the dead of night troops swarmed up the hilltops surrounding Mt. Valhala. Mutilator Tanks (that tank the Norweigan guy had in one of my early posts) stationed themselves on the hilltops. Artillery pieces were set up. Weapons were armed and loaded.

Mt. Valhala was under siege for the second time in its history but the same force as the first time.

The Valhalan Rebels, commanded by none other than Nilog's brother, Jrog.

The next morning...

Nilog looked out over the force surrounding his home and tried to figure out how to beat them. Almost all of his forces were away defending the front. All he had was 90 Surtur Mechs, 100 Thor Mechs and 20 Loki Mechs, not including Odin who was getting an overhaul. Those were his forces. The enemy forces were 2,000 Rebel Viking Gunners, 1,500 Rebel Berserkrs and 400 Rebel Mutilator Tanks. In terms of numbers and strength he was done for.

But he had a single ace still left.

Nilog turned to his aide, "Send a message to the Sorcere Emperor not to involve himself with this. This is a mtter of honor between two groups of Valhalans. Besides, now is a perfect time to test the weapon."

Nilog smiled. Yes, it was a perfect time to test it out.

The men from the convoy grouped up with the new men from HQ and took up positions behinds some rocks, while the flame tank charged after the humvees and parts of the convoy sped off into the distance.

"Where the hell is that god damn sniper, we need him over here now!"

"I'm here sir, what shall I do?"

Jrog looked at Mt. Valhala in the distance and laughed. Finally that mountain would be his! As it should have been! As was his birthright! He ordered his forces to move forward and commence pounding the mountain.

Unnoticed by the approaching rebels a metal door slid open in the side of the mountain. As soon as sunlight flooded thorugh the door a creature opened its eyes, flexed its massive wings, tucked its head down to avoid getting its antlers caught, and flew out of the hole faster than a bullet from a gun.

Inside the mountain Nilog laughed. The weapon had been activated and the army approaching him would be destroyed. It was a slight pity that he would be unable to see the look on his brother's face when death flew down on him but oh well. Thats life.