Emperor Players are Creepily worse than WarCraft 3 players - why?

Navaros

I don't understand this.

Generally speaking, the average Emperor player these days sucks. To say he sucks it an understatement. He is in fact, unbelievably bad at Emperor. At present, I'd bet at least 85% of those who play Emperor fall into this exact boat.

With WarCraft 3, almost everyone who plays does so at a level which can be reasonably referred to as "average". They build somewhat sensibly ---- heck, at least they BUILD THINGS (unlike many "average" Emperor players) --- and do their best to use their units. Yes, in WarCraft 3 you get some people who play so terribly that it's shocking - but in WarCraft 3 that number is probably around 5% of all BNET players as opposed to 85% with all WOL players.

What causes this? Are Westwood game players just inherently less competent?! This huge discrepancy makes no sense to me at all, but it certainly is verifiable fact.

So post your ideas/philosophies about why WarCraft 3 players in general are ludicrously better then Emperor players.

first off, it's more like 60% rather than 85%.

now the reason u don't see a huge different in skill levels at WC3 is because it is a relatively new game and there hasnt been enough time for people to master the game and still have tons of noobs also. how long has WC3 been out, 6 months? Noone should have mastered the game yet so everyone is just still learning. there aren't a lot of elite players so it makes the noobs look not so bad.

i got one word for you

hotkeys!

wc3 has hotkeys and emperor doenst...well

and the fact that a bunch of koreans play wc3 and the average korean worships Blizzard.

maybe technocrat is right and Blizzard should be shut down.

i dunno :-

WTF you talking about willis there are level 45 players in WC3 and the reason of lack of n00bsi s the fairly decent ladder system and matching system.

Emp has players that've been playing 1-2 full years. when u get a whole bunch of noobs(because emp only costs like 10 bucks now) it makes all those noobs look horrible because we've always had a relatively small community and everyone tought eachother basically and for a long time everyone knew eachother and knew how to play. Now most players left to new games and we've been flooded with 10 dolla noobs.

The reason there isnt a lot of suckass noobs in WC3 is NOT because of the ladder system(why would that make a difference). Playing on a ladder doesnt teach you to not be a noob. And the matching system just means u match with ppl your own skill level, that doesnt mean there still arent a million noobs just cause you dont get matched with them(cause hopefully youre not a noob-only noobs get matched with noobs)

And why the hell did you call me Willis or whatever you called Willis.

i think that's a good point

War3 costs like $60 so most people who buy it have a vested interest in being somewhat decent at playing on BNET because they wouldn't buy it unless they were very interested in the game seeing as the price is really high.

Whereas with $10 dolla n00bs (I like that phrase - LOL) any and everyone buys Emp - even those who have no real interest in RTS and who are utterly incompetent when it comes to RTS games. That is a good explanation for the discrepancy here and probably one of the main factors that causes it.

I think it's time for Emperor to be taken off the market, permanently. It's already been disgraced so tragically by the invasion of never-ending n00bs, best to stop that trend before it gets worse and worse.

I agree, Nav. Emp should be taken off the market if skill-less long-time players like you can legitimately say that 85% of the Emperor players now playing are worse than you. The bigger question is, why haven't you left yet?

actually MicroSoft is much more likely to buy Blizzard than EA and both are evil tyrannical corporate whoremongers who will torture and murder what is left of the RTS industry until only crappy, buggy, soon-abandoned RTS games remain ::)

Ok, every Emp Player go back Dune right now. ----- Status report 99.9 percent people are oldbies. .1 percent are newbies. Less like (you arhok). Ok this is how it is, the newbs in your dimension can't evan play. The newbs in our dimension - people like you. (Sorry for offensiveness.) :)

to the guys flaming me:

I could beat over 95% of the Emp population when it *wasn't* a n00b-fest like it is now, and I've certainly beat the first guy flaming me every time i ever played him 1vs1 ROFL

as for bryorama if I remember you right, you are the Hark guy who likes to rush a base from the back door... if that's you, then I know I've certainly beaten you in QM as much as you've beaten me so I don't know what you're talking about calling *me* a n00b 'cause you're certainly no better than me

seems like GZAkiller has answered the Q best so I thank him for doing that and I wish all you flamers Ie: Taqwall, bryorama and even ken13526236 would stop spamming my threads with nonsense in the future.