Sup with generals

god2ghz

hmm well IMO the EA has only produced two good games, battlefield and SSX , althoug EA makes good sport games, but besides that EA can kiss my hairy harkonnen ass because I'm solely blizzards bitch now.

err wait ! :-[

I'm playing Generals a lot now, frequently with other Emperor players, including my M3T4L clanmates. However, Generals IS still a rather buggy game, despite the patches. I think EA will get it right eventually, but EA should be totally ashamed of the poor quality they allow to hit the shelves. A game that had a big multiplayer test, a huge advertising campaign, and an equally huge C&C fanbase should have come out with no problems, or at least very minor ones that could be fixed in just ONE patch. That said, Generals is a helluva lot of fun, even though the gameplay is slower than Emperor. I'm currently looking at other RTS possibilities as well, including Empires: Dawn of the Modern World (I think that's it's name), Blitzkrieg, and even the Warcraft III expansion. In other words, although I like Generals and still play Emperor occasionally, I'm really just biding my time and waiting for a truly excellent, well-supported RTS to come out. It's on the horizon, but it hasn't reared its beautiful Generals-killing head yet.

Westwood had employed quite a few quality testers as I remembered in the Tiberian Sun Behind-THe-Scenes handbook I got when buying the platinum box pack that came with a pewter light infantry figurine.[i got NOD]

DId EA do that?

No.

Did EA just want quick cash without even testing out their products?

Yes.

Is EA greedy?

Yes

I'm really just biding my time and waiting for a truly excellent, well-supported RTS to come out.

Try 'Cossacks'...sure it doesn't have the best graphix around, but what really matters in an RTS is game play. In 'Cossacks' you can have over 1,000 units on the screen at once and it still runs fine. But if you don't like the time peroid between 1500-1800 then don't get it, but it is a truly great game. It's one of the few RTS games that actually have more strategy than mass and kill.

Another reccomended game would be Kohan, but the online community is small. This game too is a real thinking RTS.

Both of the games are quiet well supported by their producers too.

Generals is just another half-baked crappy buggy POS released by EA.

Generals will be permanently abandoned by EA within the next few months. You think the bugs will be corrected before then? To that all I can say is: get real. Dream on. LOL Ain't gonna happen. Didn't happen with Emperor, didn't happen with Renegade, ain't ever gonna happen with any EA game. EA is in the business of abandoning games, not fixing bugs.

Anyhow Generals sucks. I boycott EA so I'll never touch it, but it's particularly hilarious that the reviews say many of the units do not even bother to fire back at the enemy while the enemy is shooting them to death. So unless you watch every one of your units at every point on the map - at all times, simultaneously - then you lose units that you never should have lost. Gee, ain't that fun. :( The bugs in Generals are even worse than Emperor, and on top of that, all professional Critics are unanimous in condemning the horribly-crappy "GameSpy{Ware}" interface that you must use to play online.

Generals is just another half-baked crappy buggy POS released by EA.

Generals will be permanently abandoned by EA within the next few months. You think the bugs will be corrected before then? To that all I can say is: get real. Dream on. LOL Ain't gonna happen. Didn't happen with Emperor, didn't happen with Renegade, ain't ever gonna happen with any EA game. EA is in the business of abandoning games, not fixing bugs.

Anyhow Generals sucks. I boycott EA so I'll never touch it, but it's particularly hilarious that the reviews say many of the units do not even bother to fire back at the enemy while the enemy is shooting them to death. So unless you watch every one of your units at every point on the map - at all times, simultaneously - then you lose units that you never should have lost. Gee, ain't that fun. :( The bugs in Generals are even worse than Emperor, and on top of that, all professional Critics are unanimous in condemning the horribly-crappy "GameSpy{Ware}" interface that you must use to play online.

The first time I support what Nav say ;D

Now that Westwood is gone,the future of Structures/Aircraft/Vechicles/Infantry/Special Unit RTS is now gone :'(

Cough, cough!

Don't forget that it's Blizzard who always get the Game of the Year with their rts games...

IMO, Blizzard makes the best rts games nowadays and have done it since Dune2 came out.( Although Command and Conquer 1 and Red Alert 1 were great games! )

Don't forget that it's Blizzard who always get the Game of the Year with their rts games...

Actually, WW has been awarded two Game of the Year awards, RA1 and RA2, whereas Blizz has gotten only 1, StarCraft, which they curiously have no intention of following up.

Besides, Vivendi is going bankrupt and systematically selling off all their subsidiaries. You know who will buy Blizz if they sell it. *cough*EA*cough*

I agree, but Starcraft gets really boring after a while.

Not to mention horrible graphics!

Do you mean that Starcraft has horrible graphics? :O

Actually, WW has been awarded two Game of the Year awards, RA1 and RA2, whereas Blizz has gotten only 1, StarCraft, which they curiously have no intention of following up.

Haven't Blizzard achieved something for their Wacraft(1/2) games?

Warcraft III will, ofcourse, get one.

Besides, Vivendi is going bankrupt and systematically selling off all their subsidiaries. You know who will buy Blizz if they sell it. *cough*EA*cough*

Yes, this is sad.

However, I hope that Blizzard survives. It would be a day of grief and mourning when/if Blizzard would be sold to EA(company that preferes quantity of games above quality. The opposite of Blizzard)

Well, game of the year differs per magazine or site so you we can't say anything about that. But anyway, Westwood and Blizzard both have very good RTS games. I like both of them even though it's often so that westwood loyalists tend to hate blizzard games and vica versa.

Overall i think Starcraft is the Best game ever though.