Sup with generals

god2ghz

Hmm...so? They posted that they will be fixing the Floating Templar bug last August and they never have. ;)

huh? oh. what about the black border bug ehhh???;)

Well, at least they never said they would fix it and never did. ;)

Besides, how many of the 5 people who still play Emperor use that? ;)

Erm, you quoted the wrong post. :P

Anyways...It gives you MORE control to make it so you can control LESS? Are you on something? ::)

@Scytale: Some of your awards contradict the ones I got from the EA site... GameSpot and GameSpy, for instance. Now, which company is lying... ;)

i was talkin about the spam thing, you spammed that group cap thing even more ofthen than lowzee, and yes it gives you more control over individual units, it makes it a lot easier to use spells on your units, or select the wounded ones out of them, and because the numbers are rarely over hundred in any of the blizzard games, it is not realy a problem.

...and yes it gives you more control over individual units, it makes it a lot easier to use spells on your units, or select the wounded ones out of them, and because the numbers are rarely over hundred in any of the blizzard games, it is not realy a problem.

Exactly, Flameweaver!

In C&C games, you have no simple way of selecting the most wounded and get him to safety. You have groups to split your army into, and you can't buy enough creatures to fill all the groups anyway(atleast not in WCIII where I usually only have 1-2 groups full). It gives you the ultimate control of your army!

Now, I fail to see your point...I still divide my different types of units into different groups, there's nothing stopping you from doing that. But if you have 20 tanks, you don't have to have 2 groups with only a few tanks in one, they can all be in one!

I honestly fail to see your point...Are you trying to tell me that a lack of a group cap makes it so you CAN'T put your units in multiple groups Are you on drugs or what? ::)

I am not on drugs. Are you?

Now, I fail to see your point...I still divide my different types of units into different groups, there's nothing stopping you from doing that. But if you have 20 tanks, you don't have to have 2 groups with only a few tanks in one, they can all be in one!

Blizzard's games are more filled with tactics than the C&C games are. This might be the reason why you don't understand it ;)...

To only have 8 or 12 people in a group in Blizzard's games is not a setback, since you often only move 8-12 people at a time during battle.

You trying to say you NEVER build more than say, 12 Marines or Zerglings at once? You must lose a lot. ::)

wanna try a game?

anyway, ofcourse i do. but i use hotkeys from 1 ranging to 0, this means you can group up to 120 units, now how often do you have an army of 120 units or more?

If you do, you must be a big noob, as only newbies build up such a large force without fighting

To only have 8 or 12 people in a group in Blizzard's games is not a setback, since you often only move 8-12 people at a time during battle.

You trying to say you NEVER build more than say, 12 Marines or Zerglings at once? You must lose a lot. ::)

I actaully win 9 out of 10 games(statistics. I often loose against those better than me and I often win against those worse than me).

There is a difference between the words build and move, Dukeleto. In battle, I move my army in a way they defend eachother(especially as terran). I move one group, while the other groups defend, then move one group...

I always key my units. And if any group numbers are free, I key buildings for production while in battle.

ok.

I have my 9 out of 10 wins rating because I use to play my friends in starcraft and warcraft III (over lan

[hide]because my starcraft version was cracked until half a year ago so I couldn't play online...[/hide]). They are worthy opponents, though.

wanna try a game?

anyway, ofcourse i do. but i use hotkeys from 1 ranging to 0, this means you can group up to 120 units, now how often do you have an army of 120 units or more?

If you do, you must be a big noob, as only newbies build up such a large force without fighting

OK, here is my point: Would it not be SLIGHTLY easier to move those 120 Zerglings around if they were all in one or two groups? ::)

Hehe, If he has a comsat station, burrowing them won't do much good. ;)

Here's what I don't understand...why on Earth would you need to micro Zerglings?? Or anything but spell casters for that matter, as most places where you fight are in such close quarters... :-

Here's what I don't understand...why on Earth would you need to micro Zerglings?? Or anything but spell casters for that matter, as most places where you fight are in such close quarters... :-

1. i did not say burrow all zerglings, but only the wounded ones so you can comsat them, send a force but there are still zerglings around the fight.

2. I never build so many zerglings, but why would i micro them? for one, attacking from different sides, and luring an enemy into a trap... i've done it before. Send 12 zerglings running from 12 or so zealots, and then suddenly 50 more zerglings unburrow or move in from all sides, surround the zealots and make quick work of them

hmm...I prefer just grinding over my enemy with Tanks...so much more gratifying. ;D

I almost see your point, but I still don't think the group cap is nescessary; If you want to put only 12 units in a group, fine. But you shouldn't be constrained to only 12. How about at least a higher cap, like 20 or something? Can we agree on that?... 8)

1. Why should the enemy use his comsat station to make the 5 zerglings visible instead of just keep attacking the 20 others ???

2. What kind of doof would only produce zerglings?

Always remember to have a few creatures with heavy armor and much hp.

hmm...I prefer just grinding over my enemy with Tanks...so much more gratifying.

I almost see your point, but I still don't think the group cap is nescessary; If you want to put only 12 units in a group, fine. But you shouldn't be constrained to only 12. How about at least a higher cap, like 20 or something? Can we agree on that?...

How small do you really want each creature's picture to be?

In Warcraft III they're just perfect.

However, they could add a second group system where you could click a button to make a group accepting an unlimited number of creatures, and not represent them in pictures(would maybe work if you were about to rush an enemy base, but there's normally no point in having many creatures in one group).

Do you agree with this then, Dukeleto? :)

hmm...I prefer just grinding over my enemy with Tanks...so much more gratifying. ;D

I almost see your point, but I still don't think the group cap is nescessary; If you want to put only 12 units in a group, fine. But you shouldn't be constrained to only 12. How about at least a higher cap, like 20 or something? Can we agree on that?... 8)

that is possible yes, 10 men on 1 row. Not impossible at the least. If you don't find the group cap useful, i can understand. But some however, like me do prefer the group cap system that blizzard uses.

I like the grouping system like in AOE2/Galactic BattleGrounds. As you select more units, the pictures get smaller to compensate.

I did like WC3's "subgroup" system, that was a good idea. But it was still irritating if you had like 13 footmen or something. :-

In certain use map setting games of starcraft for example

Diplomacy or ww1

a nation would have a speical unit

say you are playing as russia in diplomacy

your speical unit is elite rines you can built as many of them as you want as they dont effect the sup limit(most i ever had was 412 of them and had 108 sup used(on other units)

:)