Sup with generals

god2ghz

Yes Cyborg, I DO MEAN it has horrible graphics.

Look at it, then look at Empy. Look at it,then look at Empy.

Then look at Generals!

OMFG emp was made in 2001 and starcraft in 1998 heem THREE YEAR DIFFERENCE!!!! OMFG sc had great graphics for its time.

Graphic wise, Starcraft is actually still good.

Why?

Because it has very, very detailed sprite animations instead of realtime-rendered polygon 3D.

There were more details in Starcraft than in Emperor, but as 3D gives a depth vision, Emperor had kind of better graphics.

Remember the difference between the release of the two games...

Warcraft II had extreme graphics when it came out. Even better than Red Alert II... That's something to think about ;)

Now that Westwood is gone,the future of Structures/Aircraft/Vechicles/Infantry/Special Unit RTS is now gone :'(

Cough, cough!

Don't forget that it's Blizzard who always get the Game of the Year with their rts games...

IMO, Blizzard makes the best rts games nowadays and have done it since Dune2 came out.( Although Command and Conquer 1 and Red Alert 1 were great games! )

But......I prefer RTS games with good graphics and a good storyline and just one resource type and........

StarCraft's graphics suck mainly because they're locked at that hideus 640x480 resolution. My eyes! :O

Haven't Blizzard achieved something for their Wacraft(1/2) games?

Warcraft III will, ofcourse, get one.

Nope, niether WC1 or 2 won anything like that, and since WC3 was released last summer, it's too late for it to win GOTY, awards for 2002 have already been given out. (It didn't win, BTW.)

WC3 graphics are pretty good, but the camera controls are downright awful. >:(

Yes, but none have the WC games have won from any of them...at least none of the American ones. :-

Well, Gamespot awarded warcraft 3 as best game of 2002 i think, or at least best RTS game. And i know more magazines that awarded wc3 to best RTS game of the year, and some even as best game of the year. But i think that it doesn't deserve the title best game of the year though.

Starcraft had good graphix for its time and yes they are outdated now... WHO CARES? Animations are still great, and infantry looks a lot better than in Generals :) (this is strange, i love the graphix in Generals, but the infantry look plain bad)

PC Magazine: Civ3

PCGamer: BattleField 1942

GameSpy: BattleField 1942

PC World Magazine: Not sure, JKII I think. :-

*pukes*

Battlefield?!

Not the best game in my opinion.

But as Flameweaver said, it got quite many rts game of the year prizes :)

*ADDED*

But didn't Unreal Tournament 2003 get any prizes? It would astound me if it idn't get/will get(as it came quite late) something!

before I upgraded my computer, I didn't think it was so fun.

But the new upgrade gave me sweet fps counts!

That made it one of my favourite games!

(upgrade your computer and see the difference, Flameweaver...)

before I upgraded my computer, I didn't think it was so fun.

But the new upgrade gave me sweet fps counts!

That made it one of my favourite games!

(upgrade your computer and see the difference, Flameweaver...)

my comp can play it well enough, my geforce 4 ti4200 can maintain a more than decent frame rate. It just don't like the style. And i'm more of a fan to realistic shooters or ones with a good background like Aliens versus predator

It was not that my old equipment couldn't handle it...

I had an AMD 1200MHz with a Radeon 9700 PRO card. But of some very strange reason, after a few months, it stated lagging :'(.

It doesn't lag anymore now.