10 flamerthrower infantry

4 flametanks

4 assault tanks

4 missle tanks

4 invike catapults

4 gunships

2 ADP's

ill tell ya how I would do it wit Ordos:

take 3 EITS and get them ready to go in (dont bother with just plain sabetours) then make at least 3 deviators and back them up with 5 lasertanks, 5 apc's, 5 kobras, and 10 aa troopers, and 5 mortor (dont make so many of them cause theyll kill ur own units. send them in guns a blazin and watch a big war. concentrate on all mainy but the devastators, have deviators go in and devaite the devastors toward the most centered part. then KABOOM! blow up the devastors and watch the fireworks. while doing this send in ur EITS and blow them up. so watever u want wit the sabetours. you should still have forces left so just nuke em with ur remaining units or a bakup force. ;D

First, who would use Devestators defensively? This is not a realistic hoard of troops, but I will say how to destroy it anyway.

Note: I have not tried this

First, you get a few scouts to take the fire of the tanks. You may add in a few elite sards as well. I don't think that they will die unless they get shot by inkvine. In that case they can move. While the tanks are reloading and the inkvines are going for the scouts, send in a bunch group of buzz, assault, and sards, NOT TO ATTACK, but to take fire. You get some missile tanks to destroy the ADPs, then enemy missile tanks. You stay out of the range of the devestators.

While that is going on, use some fremen to snipe off the infantry.

You retreat with this hoard, regroup your units, then do this again. This time, attack the inkvines.

Repeat until the entire hoard is gone.

Actually, this probably won't work. Does anyone think it will? If I have the chance, I will try to test it.

10+ kobra's, 3 deviators, 8 lasertanks, 10 troopers.

Constantly get closer with the kobra's untill you can just fire on the group, let them come to you, take out the assault tanks with the lasertanks and let the kobra's take out the infantry and some other tanks, as for the devastators, deviate them while he's not paying attention to them, protect your aa troopers and use them carefully if he's attacking with those adp's/gunships.

btw. this one is IMO more cost effective then the other ones.

u can just train 10feds and 3niabtanks and 2airdrones!

first use the airdrones to clean the air, then use niabtanks to hit and run, and make sure they are 3 feds near to niabtanks to crush the missiletanks, if u succed to crush the flametanks u can use worms!!they will thank u alot.

u can just train 10feds and 3niabtanks and 2airdrones!

first use the airdrones to clean the air, then use niabtanks to hit and run, and make sure they are 3 feds near to niabtanks to crush the missiletanks, if u succed to crush the flametanks u can use worms!!they will thank u alot.

Remember the devestators?

Absurd obviousness alert...

Such a collection is indeed formidable (see also: Mino horde & gunship fleet); it occurs to me that the best solution to the problem it poses is a proactive one. That is, deny the Harkonnen player the time/funds to amass it.

dont forget i mentioned the deviation thing in my first post. my next plan is:

20 troopers

10 flame infantry

3 flame tanks

5 assalt

8 buzzsaws

5 missletanks

7 gunships

2 adp

3 invike

notice i didnt choose devastators, theyre good but once ur forces are wiped out u cant catch up to there units thanx to the devas slow speed, even a mino can hit and run a deva!

dont forget i mentioned the deviation thing in my first post. my next plan is:

20 troopers

10 flame infantry

3 flame tanks

5 assalt

8 buzzsaws

5 missletanks

7 gunships

2 adp

3 invike

notice i didnt choose devastators, theyre good but once ur forces are wiped out u cant catch up to there units thanx to the devas slow speed, even a mino can hit and run a deva!

You should never be moving devestators without an Advanced Carryall. You could use them if you had Advanced Carryalls.

Also, what do you plan to do with these units in order to kill the hoard?

And, here is a similar thread to this one. You can still post replies to it; it is not very old.

How would you kill:

7 devastators

10 troopers

10 flamerthrower infantry

4 flametanks

4 assault tanks

4 missle tanks

4 invike catapults

4 gunships

2 ADP's

ill tell ya how I would do it wit Ordos:

take 3 EITS and get them ready to go in (dont bother with just plain sabetours) then make at least 3 deviators and back them up with 5 lasertanks, 5 apc's, 5 kobras, and 10 aa troopers, and 5 mortor (dont make so many of them cause theyll kill ur own units. send them in guns a blazin and watch a big war. concentrate on all mainy but the devastators, have deviators go in and devaite the devastors toward the most centered part. then KABOOM! blow up the devastors and watch the fireworks. while doing this send in ur EITS and blow them up. so watever u want wit the sabetours. you should still have forces left so just nuke em with ur remaining units or a bakup force. ;D

How I do it with Atr and fremen

Get many minos and mongooses,fremen fedaykin and 2 air drones to finish the ADP[but u need to wait for a while before u bring 1 down,shouldn't be that difficult ;)] and last but not least,the crucial kindjal!

so? you hit them head on with 2 or 3 worms, most likely you'll kill most of the hoard before the flamers can kill the worms, then just finish up on the flamers with a few simple units

excactly how hard is it to kill a worm rider. cant be that hard cn it, not from my experiences. my next plan is:

40 sards

30 sard elites

yup, that mite do the trick..... 8)

simplest way to do it is with minos and elites with a few feyds here and there

But, you have to take out the missile tanks and inkvines with feyds before you attack with the other things. The inkvines will get your infantry and the missile tanks will get your minos.