What would the expansion have been like?

dczx

it's a bunch of irrelevant gobbeldy-gook. Notice that the ending was generic schlock. A hallmark of horrible writing, is any generic piece that can be applied to *anything*, as with the Emperor ending. The eyes have no signifigance at all.

There was never ever any thoughts about an expansion for Emperor, so better not to think about it. If they were gonna expand Emperor, the first thing they'd need to do is fix the thousands of bugs already plaguing the game.

Actually, Arohk, an expansion was planned, E:BFD was just not enough of a success for them to go through with it. Even for awhile after E:BFD had been released there were meetings to discuss and plan the expansion pack, at IG at least. Maybe now that WW is gone Chris or someone else who frequents this board and knows the plot can tell us what the expansion would have been about?

The proposal for a sequel was made, and declined. At this point, it is all owned by EA, and I cannot comment further.

However, with Westwood & IG both gone now, even IF EA wanted to do a sequel, why would they use our old proposal? Our proposal was based upon rev'ing the existing engine & tools to make a sequel product. Now, they would have to find a new developer to make a sequel, and they would certainly want to do the design from scratch, rather than inheirit our design decisions.

Why not let EA-Pacific take a turn at it? Why not use the Generals engine to do another RTS based upon some purchased license for a book, or a movie? A 'Matrix' RTS? A 'Core' RTS? A LOTR RTS? A 'Wheel of Time' RTS? A 'Curse of Lono' RTS? ;)

GI Joe RTS! I wanna play a GI Joe RTS! I have my old collection out in the storage shed, it may very well pay for my kids tuition to college. I'm talking about told GI Joe's originals from the 70's the big ones and small ones. But that doesn't matter, I still want a GI Joe RTS! Yo Joe! Cobra!! I have seen these commercials for the new GI Joe's, and I keep crossing my fingers hoping its a movie or something.

;DGO GO GO GO JOE! G I JOE JOE JOE!!! GO JOE!!! GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO!!!!!! awwwyeeaaah man did I love gijow when i was little I got one and just bought m-16s machine guns ninja, mountian, desert, and utility outfis for him he was awesome it even came with a manual about hte army and a GI Joe honor code which I still abide by ;D ;D ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...
GI Joe RTS! I wanna play a GI Joe RTS!

Then you might be pleased to know that some friends and I have been putting some thought into what one might see in such a title. A thread dedicated to the matter should arise shortly.

I think if there was an expansion, subhouses should have a new building and a new unit to build...

Guild:

Building="Guild Mega Cannon"

Unit="Spice Absorber,when standing on melange its attack sharply rises."

Fremen:

Building="dont know, any ideas"

Unit="how bout some type of fremen riding a yak or speeder bike or sumtin"

Ix:

Building="Ix Mega cannon"

Unit="Ix tractor tank, attracts units toward it when deplyed, and renders it attack-less once in a short range"

Sardukar:

Building="Sardukar Laser hover turret, has stats like a normal turret, but can move slowly anywere any other unit could move"

Unit="Sardukar Trooper, has a missle launcher in one hand and a gun in the other"

Tilaxeau:

Building="Tilaxeau Living turret"

Unit="Tilaxeau face dancer, once it attacks an infantry, it becomes them, then it can deployed it turns bak into a face dancer. if deployed while in face-dancer mode it swithes to attack mode so it can attak enemies."

The proposal for a sequel was made, and declined. At this point, it is all owned by EA, and I cannot comment further.

However, with Westwood & IG both gone now, even IF EA wanted to do a sequel, why would they use our old proposal? Our proposal was based upon rev'ing the existing engine & tools to make a sequel product. Now, they would have to find a new developer to make a sequel, and they would certainly want to do the design from scratch, rather than inheirit our design decisions.

Why not let EA-Pacific take a turn at it? Why not use the Generals engine to do another RTS based upon some purchased license for a book, or a movie? A 'Matrix' RTS? A 'Core' RTS? A LOTR RTS? A 'Wheel of Time' RTS? A 'Curse of Lono' RTS? ;)

A matrix RTS ::)

Neo tank?

Agent Smith MIG?j/k

But I think a Mech Warrior RTS would be really appreciated.,where you can build centurions,zeus and other mechs alongside hover tanks and battle armors. :)

No you don't build anything really. You just command them, hence the name. I'm not sure if its an RTS or what is classified as. I just like the way you can control all the Mechs at the same time.