need help finding

can anyone help me find out where to buy Emperor Battle for Dune? Also I would like to find a demo of the game.

don't look at the shelf space near the regular games that actually sell

look among the old, obsolete, dead-game bargain bin section of your fave store and you're sure to find Emperor there

what is with those new boxes, anyway? Sure, they are less bulky, but weren't tehy made huge for a reason?

they were made huge to grab pples attention but maybe not with every company producing small boxes.....maybe pple will have to look for them in order to get them and cant get their attention grabbed by a particular one.Guess the small ones is cheaper to produce

Smaller boxes give more shelf space so you can fit more titles in the same amount of space.

Bingo! The movement started in Europe with the retailers demanding that software titles (which should only be near the size of a music CD) take up less shelf space, and standardize. With the upcoming European standardization, EA went ahead and just joined in full monty. All titles from that point on are small boxes only.

Are you guys talking about those new "DVD" cases? If you are, I HATE THOSE CASES. They now sell nearly all games in those here. You can't fit decent sized manuals in those cases!

If you aren't, sorry I posted. Though, I don't like the way things are going in terms of value for money. I mean, sure games have got better graphics, but what about those beautiful huge manuals you used to get? What about the nice keyboard layouts that you could stick on your keyboard? What about the fake newspaper articles (that you got with games like Space Quest)? What about the nice HUGE boxes you could show off to everybody?

Actually I recall a site that had a Emperor demo and sadly...A version of Emp you could download for free and they'd give you a active serial code...I don't recall the site so they still have it but uh let's just say there downloading time for Emperor on T3 was 18 hours so I doubt many downloaded it ;D.

well living in europe we had these dvd style cases for ages and i agree with u sven i hate them, the big cardboard box 1s were soo much better i really wish they would be cardboard once again but nevermind eh

Yeah, I guess it's just one of those modern day things we have to get used to.

South Africa usually gets their games from the UK (or, at least, they usually get UK edition games) so I guess that's why both SA and the UK now get their games in DVD cases. Does the US also get their games in DVD cases now?

A lot of console games like PS2 and Xbox games come in the DVD type case, I actually like them that way. As far as PC games I haven't gotten any in a DVD case, just the regular CD case in a cardboard box, big and small but mostly small now. I would like to see more games in the DVD cases, you can get a bigger manual from a DVD case than you can a CD case. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sven has a point. No big manuals fit in those dvd cases. But on the other hand they spare alot of space in your house, and in transport. And lesser transport leads to lesser pollution.

But then, the big boxes were made of paper (sortlike)