Suboid mission

NetWerx1

There was this Atr mission that said the difficulty was 15%. The briefing goes something like this: An Ixian base is suffering unrest amongst its worker drones, the Suboids. Suboids are generally docile and loyal, despite their slave-like existence. A revolt is unheard of. My instincts tell me that there are others involved in this!

I start out with like 12 units, and the Mentat shows the Ixian base with scientists and Suboids. The suboids are killing the scientists, so I deploy the MCV and tell all of my starting units to kill the suboids. When I reach the base, tieilaxu arrive and kill my units and the scientists :O. After a while, the base blows up and the attempted alliance with Ix is gone. How do I stop the scientists from being killed?? Help me!

The IX factory explodes and your secondary objective is gone, the mentat will tell you that and will repeat your primary objective.

btw. difficulty = 15% means that your not very difficult for the AI to kill, difficulty = 100% means that the AI will have a VERY hard time killing you.

Fremen Fedaykin and Fremen Warriors are superb in this scenario, if you have them. ;)

Build up a force of Fremen Warriors and Fremen Fedaykin. Snipe off all the suboids around the Ixian Base. Now use the Fedaykin to intercept and destroy the Tleilaxu force that arrives. If you see a large bug like unit (Tleilaxu transport/walker) approaching the Ixian Base, DESTROY IT quickly, or it will blow up the entire Ixian Base.

Send units armed with machine guns, or projectile weapns first. And then, I believe the starting heavy unit possibilities is a mino or sonic tank. Send either of these behind your projectile armed force. Then when the tleilaxu attack, use the heavy unit, and when it is leeched use the projectile guys to knock em off.

and they're quite stupid ;D

Finished!!!

I deployed the MCV, built windtrap+barracks,and dumped atr inf non-stop until I had 20. Then I approached the IX base and on the way, found ix bomb crates! So I picked all 4 up and sent them to where the tieilaxu units were going to appear on the map. Then it was time for slaughter. The suboids were killed quickly and 4 scientists were still alive and well. So when the tieilaxu arrived, I deployed the ix bombs in their face and blew up all the contaminators and some leeches :D. The atr inf killed all the remaining leeches. Then I went north and found 3 ix crates and used the same tactic to ward off the second attack ;D

Uhm... you can't capture neutral buildings.

In my experiance you can... but it acts as if you destroyed it, and you lose the points. And a chance of an alliance if that's what you wanted.

I captured an Ixian building in another mission once. I used it fine but at the end the Mentat said "Utilising their help would have been profitable." Or something like that. In other words, the computer failed me. :(

• 2 weeks later...

MMMM.... something`s wrong...

I won that mission killing the enemy base only, not protecting the scientist... and I got the ixians factory in the next mission!!!

I remember that were 4-5 scientist quiet, 2-3 suboids patrolling and other 2-3 suboids quiet near the scientist!! The f***ing suboids have killed 3 or 4 scientist at the start of the mission only, then they stop killing.