Sards

Tenzul

The Sardaukaur suppose to be fanatical soldiers of the Emperor.

Could anyone please tell me why the "Never surrender" covardly

escape when stiken by the Hawk projection? :O >:( They should die on

command.

umm...Atreides Hawk Strike=Every unit flees from map in blast radius. :P How do they die on command? The Hawk Strike isn't poisonous and u just can't tell a unit the die...unless u force another unit to kill it. It is better to just let it flee than to force a unit to kill it. Besides, the affect of the Hawk Strike wears off in a tad bit, if ure lucky, u'll still have some of them on the map ;)

They are not surrendering...they are retreating ;D ;D

Let me try a little err...More grammicly correct comment...

Yes the Sardukar are the Emperors ruthless death commandos suposivly not even afraid of death. But, the game had to be balanced so they let them be effected by the Hawk Strike, if they didn't it would be a large disadvtantage to Atreides, and who wouldn't run from a HUGE ass hawk swooping down on you that looked real?

LOL

any Atreides player who wastes his Hawkstrike on Sards really has no clue how to play

Sards are completely useless against a good Aterides if the game goes over 10 minutes

that's a good point that the original poster brought up though. No Surrender means they shouldn't ever run so it's ridiculous that the Hawkstrike affects the Sards

Sards are completely useless against a good Aterides if the game goes over 10 minutes

LOL! and how are you going to be efficient enough to NOT lose any units for 10 minutes? or atleast build a steady defence + spice protection in 10 minutes that can hold off any attack?

btw. i think the designers actually meant with no surrender: "we aren't weak and are prepaired to die"

LOL

any Atreides player who wastes his Hawkstrike on Sards really has no clue how to play

Your right. Why should an inteligent player waste his money to bild the

atreides palace. ;D

Do you really use superweapons? (I can understand chaos lightning)

The Sardaukars can't flee. They are grown to kill, to die, terror is their weapon.

to answer ken: if i ain't dead 10 minutes into the game or at least severely crippled (which few ppl can do), then i'll have hoards of Minos everywhere. All Sards are dead at the very moment they come near any choke point or anywhere in my base or spice. It's not even funny how useless that Sards are in the long game vs. good Atreides. Yes I admit Sards can be really good to rush the Atreides when he only has 3 or 4 Minos. But if someone like me gets 10 or more Minos, from that point on the *only* thing enemy Sards will accomplish vs. me is free chevrons for my Minos.

to Tenzul: I don't use Hawk Strike very much simply because there are always more strategic things to build than a palace until very very late into the game. Most games I play are already decided long before my Palace comes out. But I'll build it if I am deadlocked in a really long game with an elite player who has SW's. Or on non-spice maps. Overall tho, SW's have very little impact on Emperor gameplay. Take way too long to get (unless you are doing it at the expense of other better things you could use the money/time/resources for instead), take way too long to charge, are impossible to aim with precision, and have way too small of an Area of Effect (except for the Death Hand, which is grossly overpowered compared to the other SW's)

if i ain't dead 10 minutes into the game or at least severely crippled (which few ppl can do), then i'll have hoards of Minos everywhere.

How nice, your hoard can be destroyed in 2 min by deploying the gunships first. And when there are only a few mino's left, the sards will kill the 1 that survived the gunship attack. :P

Just out of curiousity, what nick are you using Arohk when you are playing EBFD online?

When i see you online i want to prove that more then "just a few people" can beat your mino hoard

to answer ken: if i ain't dead 10 minutes into the game or at least severely crippled (which few ppl can do), then i'll have hoards of Minos everywhere. All Sards are dead at the very moment they come near any choke point or anywhere in my base or spice. It's not even funny how useless that Sards are in the long game vs. good Atreides. Yes I admit Sards can be really good to rush the Atreides when he only has 3 or 4 Minos. But if someone like me gets 10 or more Minos, from that point on the *only* thing enemy Sards will accomplish vs. me is free chevrons for my Minos.

There's no point discussing it with you, oh well.

I've beaten many Atreides players late in the game by harvestor hunting and using some kobra's against his minotaurs, sardaukar elite's are a great help together with my lasertanks.

Ken dont respond....He just doesn't get it...

Hint hint: your message was posted while i was sleeping ;)

LOL

Your right. Why should an inteligent player waste his money to bild the

atreides palace. ;D

Do you really use superweapons? (I can understand chaos lightning)

The Sardaukars can't flee. They are grown to kill, to die, terror is their weapon.

I use superweapons sometimes, and I am not sure whether Hawk Strike or Deathand is better, but I am sure that Chaos Lightning is awful.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if someone said this already, (to lazy to read everything in this topic) but I think it would be a good idea to let the Sardaukar stand still for a little time.

This way the Sardaukar's characteristics come into play:

It will look like they will have to concentrate in order to resist the Hawk.

Or something like that...

(if what I said sounds a tad bit idiotic to you, remember that I had a very, very, very long day today)

• 2 months later...

LOL

that's a good point that the original poster brought up though.