Site Updates

Gobalopper

Network Failure

Posted (November 24th, 2009 at 12:31 am PST) by micah

DreamHost is currently experiencing a fairly large network failure. The extent is unknown at this time however it seems that most of our central services (dreamhost.com, panel.dreamhost.com, webmail, etc

Server move is complete now I think, according to their status updates.  Wiki still doesn't seem to be working though.

EDIT - Wiki is working again.  Also, in case of further server problems, and for other possible uses, I've set up a Fed2k Twitter, which I'm just setting up.  There is a DreamhostStatus Twitter feed I'm following on there which will be helpful.

• 1 month later...

For lack of anywhere better to put it...

Penny Arcade mentions Dune for the second time, if I remember correctly: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/1/13/

Edit: The last time this happened, it was the first time I'd seen Penny Arcade. It introduced me to webcomics as a whole, in fact. Ah, memory lane.

There's a thread on the Duniverse forum called Dune related "in-jokes" where that kind of stuff gets posted.  Vangaurd started it... holy crap, 7 years ago.  I'm old.

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty much everyone there aside from Taiajam is a spambot.

I have undertaken a great purge of recently registered members, and deleted about 40 spambot accounts. They have also been IP banned, so they won't come back from the same address ever again.

• 1 month later...